Seamless zoom from 0.8x to as high as 25x binocular magnification
Simple zoom lever operation allows smooth, seamless zooming from 0.8x to a maximum of 25x magnification. Unlike conventional binoculars that have a single magnification, Subject location and framing is much easier than with conventional binoculars.
High resolution, high contrast OLED finder
DEV-50V/B features an XGA OLED "Tru-Finder" electronic viewfinders that deliver outstanding resolution and high contrast. Since independent images are provided for the left and right eyes delivering a true stereosopic view, high-quality 3D viewing is achieved without crosstalk or image degradation. The LCD panels used in the DEV-5 and DEV-3 viewfinders were illuminated by an RGB light source, causing spurious reflections that could reduce contrast when blacks were being displayed. The OLED Tru-Finder panels used in the new models produce their own light, so there are no residual reflections to reduce contrast. Contrast is approximately 33 times greater than in the preceding models. Moreover, while the LCD panels used in the DEV-5/DEV-3 were WVGA with 1.23 million total dots, the OLED devices in the current models are high-resolution XGA with 2.36 million dots so that even the smallest details are clearly defined.
Compact, lightweight ruggedized dustproof/rainproof body design for outdoor use
The DEV-50V/B is 30% smaller and lighter Sony's first generation digital recording binoculars making them convenient to tote on every trip. They are dust and moisture resistant so you can use them without having to worry about rain, spray, or dust.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/Active mode minimizes blur
The DEV-50V/B Digital Recording Binoculars were engineered with Active image stabilization technology to drastically minimize blur especially when zoomed in on a subject far away. The image remains crisp and stable even at high magnifications that would make viewing difficult with other binoculars. It is easier to follow even fast-moving subjects and keep them in the frame, and of course the same stability contributes to the clarity of general observation and recording as well. In addition to optical image stabilization that adjusts lens position in the vertical and horizontal axes, BIONZ image processing adds compensation in the roll axis. The net result is highly effective 3-axis image stabilization.
Quickly capture and follow the subject, with autofocus
Simultaneous zoom and autofocus capability is an important advantage of the Digital Recording Binoculars. With conventional binoculars it is necessary to readjust focus whenever the magnification is changed. With the Digital Recording Binoculars autofocus rapidly follows zoom operation, providing uninterrupted subject tracking capability that can be a huge advantage for motor sports and other applications that involve fast-moving subjects.
Hyper Gain enhances low-light visibility
With conventional binoculars low light levels can make it extremely difficult to locate and recognize the subject. Hyper Gain alleviates the problem by electronically increasing brightness in the viewfinder so the subject can be quickly located and framed even in dim light conditions.
By Pixel Super Resolution for superior still image quality
Thanks to By Pixel Super Resolution technology the DEV-50V/B offers. By Pixel Super Resolution technology analyzes and processes not only the pixels to be directly affected, but also the surrounding pixels as well, and then combines the resultant data with that from a database that contains hundreds of variations to achieve optimum processing for each individual pixel. The result is notably improved still image resolution.
Double Full HD and 3D movie recording
Conventional binoculars can simply offer you a way to witness beautiful and exciting scenery and events from afar. Sony's DEV-50V/B Digital Recording Binoculars, however, allow you to share the excitement with others is to put down the binoculars and shoot still images or video with separate equipment. Unfortunately, the subject is likely to be gone or difficult to locate by the time the switch has been made. Digital Recording Binoculars completely overcome this problem, making it possible to record the scene or subject in full HD recording (1920 x 1080 video) while it is being observed via the binoculars. The use of two top-quality G lenses, two precision Exmor? R CMOS image sensors, and two high-speed BIONZ image processing engines makes it possible to record immersive 3D movies with full HD image quality as well. "Frame packing" is employed to transmit the 3D video signal via an HDMI connection, meaning that independent HD signals are compressed and transmitted for the left and right eyes, so that high-resolution "double HD" 3D images can be recorded and viewed on 3D-capable TVs.
By connecting the HDMI terminal to a Sony BRAVIA or similar large-screen TV, images that have been recorded by the binoculars can be viewed in glorious full HD. If it's a TV that supports 3D, stunning 3D viewing can be enjoyed as well. Sights viewed through binoculars that could previously only be kept as memories can now be shared and relived on an impressive scale. Locate the subject, zoom in, record, and share the fun: the Digital Recording Binoculars offer totally new ways to discover the world.
Memory card slot supports Memory Stick Duo and SD Memory Card types
Support for multiple media formats allows the user to choose the memory card type that best matches his or her computer and workflow. The following memory card types are supported:Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo SD Memory Card SDHC Memory Card SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher cards recommended)
- Image Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization w/ Active mode (wide (3D) / Wide to Tele (2D))
- Camera Type: Digital Recording Binoculars
- Multiple Language Display: Japanese; English; Traditional Chinese; Simplified Chinese; French; Italian; German; Spanish; Dutch; Russian; Portugese; Greek; Arabic; Persian; Thai; Brazilian; Portugese; Canadian French; Korean; Turkish; Polish; Czech; Hungalian; Roma; Indonesian; Malay
- Minimum Illumination: Standard: 11 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed:60i, 1/50 Shutter Speed:50i)
- Imaging Sensor: 1/3.91'' (4.6mm) Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Pixel Gross: 2x Approx. 5430K pixels (3D)/ Approx. 5430K pixels (2D)
- Processor: BIONZ Image processor
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- DC IN: Yes
- HD Output: HDMI Out (micro) (supplied); Composite Video Out (A/V cable (sold separately))
- HDMI Terminal: Yes (micro)
- Headphone Jack: Stereo Minijack
- Memory Card Slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/ SDHC/ SDXC media compatible
- Microphone Input: Stereo Minijack
- SD Output: Composite Video Out (AV CABLE(sold separately))
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): Movie Mode: 49.8-791.2mm (2D:Digital zoom is OFF), 49.8-1645.7mm (2D:Digital zoom is ON, 33.4-402.0mm (3D)); Photo Mode: 29.8-1647.9mm (16:9), 36.3-2007.4mm (4:3)
- Lens Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization w/ Active mode (wide (3D)/ Wide to Tele (2D))
- Lens Type: G Lens
- Magnification: PHOTO: x0.5-x25 MOVIE: x0.8 - x12 (2D:Digital zoom is OFF) x0.8 - x25 (2D:Digital zoom is ON)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3D:Approx. 2m(Wide), Approx. 24m(Tele); 2D:Approx. 1cm (Wide), Approx.80cm (Tele), Approx.38cm(Tele Macro)
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo
- Media Type: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2); Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo ; Memory Stick XC-HG Duo; SD/ SDHC/ SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in Stereo Microphone Monoral Speaker
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: 20.4 megapixels
- Still Image Mode: 3D Still Image: Not available / 2D Still Image: JPEG
- Still Image Size(Photo Mode): 20.4 megapixels 16:9 (6016x3384) 15.3 megapixels 4:3 (4512x3384) 10.0 megapixels 16:9 (4224x2376) 5.0 megapixels 4:3 (2592x1944) 2.1 megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080) 0.3 megapixels 4:3 (640x480)
- Video Format: 3D HD:AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible (1080/60i) :MPEG4-MVC/H.264; 2D HD:AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible (1080/60p/60i original format) :MPEG4-AVC/H.264
- Video Mode: 3D HD: Approx. 28Mbps; 2D HD PS: Approx. 28Mbps, FX:Approx. 24Mbps, FH:Approx.17Mbps, HQ:Approx.9Mbps, LP: Approx. 5Mbps
- Video Resolution: 3D HD:2x 1920x1080/60i,50i; 2D HD: 1920x1080/60p,50p(PS), 1920x1080/60i,50i(FX,FH), 1440x1080/60i,50i(HQ,LP)
- Diopter Adjustment: Yes (-3.5 - +3.5)
- Eye relief: 13.9mm
- Field of View: 36.9degrees (16:9)
- Interpupilary distance: 55-75mm
- Type: 2x 0.5-inch (1.3cm); Color 2,359,296 dots (1024x3[RGB]x768)
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): Approx. 5 7/8inch x 2 7/8inch x 6 1/4inch (148.5mm x 72.5mm x157.5mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 1lb 10oz (765g) (body only)