- SLTA65VL DSLR 24.3MP 18-55mm Zoom SLR Black Camera
- 32GB SDHC/SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card
- 55mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter
- InfoLithium H Series NP-FM500 Camera Battery
- Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag
- Digital SLR Photography JumpStart Training Guide DVD
- Professional Dust Blower
- 3 Pack Digital Camera and Camcorder LCD Screen Protectors
- 3pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
Boasting 24.3-megapixel clarity and up to 10 fps, the a65 delivers both lightning-fast speed and best-in-class resolution for professional-quality photos that will simply blow you away. Capture the fast-action shots that other cameras miss thanks to Sony's award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology, plus choose from three HD movie modes?super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or richly cinematic 24p?all at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution. And with the world's first OLED electronic viewfinder, you can even see camera adjustments in real time for the best possible picture.
Spectacular 24.3MP Resolution
Capture incredibly-detailed images that make for gorgeous enlargements thanks to an impressive 24.3-megapixel sensor?the world's first among APS-C DSLR cameras. With resolution this high, each shot captures a massive amount of detail for greatly reduced noise and vibrant images that explode with clarity and richness.
High Speed Shooting
Capture up to 10 fps at full 24.3-megapixel resolution with continuous auto focus (AE locked after first frame) thanks to the power of Sony's award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology. It's perfect for snapping a unique sequence of photos or capturing the defining moment in high-speed sports photography.
World's First OLED Viewfinder
There's never been anything like the Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder. Boasting 2359K dots for ultra-high resolution, images pop with richness, clarity and detail. A high contrast ratio lends superb depth, while motion blur is reduced to a minimum. You can even see the results of camera adjustments in real time through the viewfinder.
Amazing HD Movies
The choice is yours. Shoot super smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p movies?all at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution4. Capture high-quality AVCHD video that looks great on your HDTV, or shoot MP4 videos to upload to the web. Plus, maintain creative control of your movies with access to shutter priority, aperture priority, manual mode and more.
Always In Focus
Experience a revolutionary breakthrough when shooting fast-moving subjects. By harnessing the power of Sony's Translucent Mirror Technology, the a65 offers the precision of Phase Detection auto focus (AF) in all modes?including HD Movie and Live View?to deliver amazingly crisp HD videos and tack-sharp still photos.
Incredible Speed and Precision
Some DSLRs can shoot. Others can focus with the speed and precision of Phase Detection AF. The a65 does both at once. Infused with the latest version of Sony's award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology, light is directed to the image sensor and Phase Detection AF sensor simultaneously for ultra-fast shooting up to 10 fps with continuous auto focus.
2nd Generation Translucent Mirror Design
Other DSLRs can shoot. Or they can focus with the speed and precision of Phase Detection AF. They cannot do both at once. Sony changes all that with the award-winning Translucent Mirror Technology system. It directs light to both the image sensor and the Phase Detection AF sensor simultaneously.
World?s first OLED viewfinder
There?s never been anything quite like the Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder. For size, speed and brightness even after sunset, this is a gem. It begins with 2359K dots for amazing resolution and high contrast ratio for incredible depth. OLED reduces motion blur to a bare minimum. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with superb color and detail.
Full-time Phase Detection AF
You get fast, accurate auto focus in every mode?even HD Movie and Live View?thanks to Sony?s exclusive Translucent Mirror Technology. While Contrast Detection Auto Focus often hunts for correct focus, Phase Detection AF knows exactly where correct focus is, and goes straight for it.
Object Tracking AF
Locks onto a specified object and maintains focus even as the subject moves. Unpredictable subjects stay in focus even while zooming. You can concentrate on composition without worrying about focus.
Handheld Twilight mode
Get gorgeous shots at night without a tripod. Combines six frames into a single image for smooth, low-noise evening shots. (Recommended for still subjects.)
Sweep Panorama Mode
Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together.
921K dot TruBlack LCD screen
Sony's 3.0-inch Xtra Fine LCD monitor has 921K dots for superb resolution. The TruBlack screen includes a special resin layer to suppress internal reflections, increasing contrast compared to conventional LCDs. Sunny Weather mode boosts visibility even further.
AUTO+ (Advanced Auto) mode
Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. Unifies and simplifies Sony intelligent technologies. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode.
Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO)
Improves results with backlit subjects and recovers details hidden in shadows. Settings include Auto, Level with a choice of five operating levels and Off.
HDMI output for HD viewing
Enjoy HD movies and stunning still images on a compatible HDTV. The camera includes an HDMI output. In addition, the BRAVIA Sync system works with compatible Sony BRAVIA HDTVs enabling you to control camera playback using the television's remote.
Advanced Anti-Dust Technology
Anti-Dust Technology helps keep the CMOS sensor clean, resulting in consistently clear pictures. First a static-free coating on the sensor's low-pass filter helps repel dust. Then vibration automatically dislodges dust from the sensor.
APS-C size HD CMOS image sensor
With 19.5 times the area of the typical camcorder image sensor, APS-C makes the difference between amateur and professional-looking video, delivering an exceptional combination of high resolution, high sensitivity and gorgeous, blurred backgrounds.
Face Detection and Registration
The camera can automatically detect up to eight individual faces and adjust focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of people. Can prioritize children or adults. Face Registration can remember friends and family members and prioritize them.
24.3 MP; best-in-class resolution
You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements thanks to an APS-C sensor with 24.3 megapixels. It?s the worlds?s first 24.3MP APS-C DSLR.
HD Movies at 60p, 60i, or 24p
Capture spectacular HD Movies. This is the world?s first DSLR to offer a choice of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, all at Full HD 1920x1080 resolution. AVCHD Progressive codec delivers stunning picture quality. MP4 codec offers smaller files for easier upload to the web.
Full-Time Live View in LCD or EVF
You can use both the LCD monitor and OLED Electronic Viewfinder for composing shots in Live View. Both provide a what-you-see-is-what-you-get preview of white balance, focus, depth of field, exposure and 100% framing accuracy, plus informative on-screen displays.
Leverages the fast BIONZ processor to capture six images in a fraction of a second, and then combine the data. The result is one incredible single image that gets a cleaner result in Multi-Frame NR mode or sharper nighttime pictures in Hand-held Twilight mode.
Auto HDR built into camera
Captures more scene dynamic range than a single exposure can handle?and more range than photo film. Combines the best highlight detail from one shot, the best mid-tones from a second and the best shadow detail from a third for one incredible shot. (Recommended for still subjects.)
Shot Result Preview
See the results before you take the shot. This preview takes the guesswork out of camera settings by showing the effects of the aperture, shutter and DRO settings on the depth of field, motion and dynamic range.
Main Sensor Quick AF Live View
Combines the fast focus of Phase Detection AF with high quality Live View images right from the main sensor. This is made possible by Sony Translucent Mirror Technology. You get accurate images and 100% framing on the LCD monitor or eye-level viewfinder.
Clarifies the relationship between aperture and shutter speed, as well as the effect each has on photographic results.
1200-Zone exposure metering
Reads exposure directly from the main image sensor. Choice of Multi, Center and Spot metering accommodates a full range of shooting situations.
Up to 560 Shots of battery life
Take up to 560 shots on a single charge with Sony Stamina battery power. Sony's InfoLITHIUM battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so you can keep shooting in confidence.
Built-in Flash (GN12)
To help you shoot more effectively, the camera includes a built-in flash (Guide Number 12) that can also trigger a wireless accessory flash (sold separately). The integrated hot shoe enables you to expand your lighting options with a range of accessory flashes (sold separately).
Sony Exmor technology
Conventional image sensors use only a handful of analog-to-digital (A/D) converters, which can slow you down. The Exmor sensor provides more than 5,600 column-parallel A/D converters. This helps enable continuous shooting at up to 10 frames per second.
Smile Shutter technology
Captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply select the Smile Shutter mode and the camera takes the picture automatically. You can prioritize children or adults and adjust the smile sensitivity.
Ultra-fast up to 10 fps continuous
The translucent mirror makes it far easier to capture the decisive soccer kick or your baby at her absolute cutest. Shoots up to 10 frames per second at full-resolution 24.3 megapixels with continuous auto focus (AE locked after first frame).
HD movies with full manual control
Now you don?t need to surrender control when you shoot HD movies. Enjoy the full expressive potential of Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority or Manual (P/A/S/M) control in HD movie mode.
World?s shortest release time lag
Helps ensure that the image you want is the image you get. Once auto focus occurs, release time lag is the delay between fully pressing the shutter release and when the camera actually starts taking the picture. Long lag makes it harder to capture fast-moving objects. The Sony A65 boasts the world?s shortest release time lag at only 0.05 seconds.
Experience incredible low-light shooting without a flash. The camera captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six, it creates a single image with a reduction in noise equivalent to two additional steps of ISO sensitivity. Sensitivity selectable up to ISO 25600. (Recommended for still subjects.)
3D Sweep Panorama Mode
Capture vast scenic vistas and 16:9 shots in spectacular 3D. As you sweep across the panorama, the camera records separate right-eye and left-eye images that make landscapes come alive on your 3D television1. Records both JPEG and MPO file formats.
Tilt/swivel LCD screen
Tilt it up or down to frame high- and low-angle shots that would otherwise be hit-or-miss. Tilt and swivel under the camera for self-portraits. Finally, the monitor folds flush to the camera with the LCD exposed for shooting or protected for travel.
ISO 16000 sensitivity
Incredibly clear low-light pictures without sacrificing detail, made possible by the low-noise Exmor APS HD CMOS image sensor and refined BIONZ image processor.
Upgraded BIONZ image processor
The brain of the camera is a Sony?s BIONZ image processor substantially upgraded for the demands of 24.3 megapixel photography. Chroma noise reduction delivers high-resolution, low-noise photos even at ISO 16000. Also enables fast processing for up to 10 fps continuous shooting of data-intensive 24.3 MP images, 2D/3D Sweep Panorama modes and 6-image layering.
SteadyShot INSIDE stabilization
Image stabilization reduces blur by compensating for camera shake. Typical DSLR systems build image stabilization into selected lenses only. SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization is built into the camera body itself. You'll reduce blur with every A Mount lens, including macro and wide-aperture standard zoom lenses.
P/A/S/M exposure modes
The camera offers a full range of controls from the beginner's AUTO+ mode to P/A/S/M: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual. On-screen prompts help you refine your skills, build your confidence and exercise greater creative control.
Slot for two media types
For cost-effective, convenient storage and sharing of your images, the camera accepts Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC media (Class 4 or higher recommended, sold separately).
11 Picture Effect modes
Discover innovative ways to make your images and videos pop. These include Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Soft High-key, High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, and Miniature.
15-point Auto Focus
To maximize the value of Translucent Mirror Technology, Sony incorporates Phase Detection AF of great sophistication. 15 sensors with 3 cross sensors maximize precision for both vertical and horizontal subjects.
- Lens Compatibility : Sony A-mount lens
- Camera Type : Sony A-mount interchangeable lens digital camera
- Lens Mount Type : Sony A-mount
- Focus System : TTL phase detection AF (CCD line sensors)
- Focus Points : 15 points (3 points cross type)
- AF Modes : Single-shot AF(AF-S), Continuous AF(AF-C), Automatic AF(AF-A) selectable, Manual Focus
- Focus Area : Wide (auto,15 points)/Zone/Spot/Local selectable
- Focus Sensitivity : EV -1 to 18 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Focus Features : Predictive control(AF-A, AF-C), Focus Lock, Eye-start AF
- AF Illuminator : Built-in LED, Range: approx. 3' - 15' (1m-5m)
- Flash Compensation : ?2.0EV1/3EV steps
- Flash Coverage : FOV coverage up to 18 mm (in the focal length)
- Recycling Time : Approx. 3 sec.
- Flash Bracketing : 0.3/0.7EV steps, 3 frames
- Flash Metering System : ADI flash / Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Modes : Auto, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Hi-speed sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable for
- Autoflash and fill-flash mode), Wireless, Off
- Flash Type : Built-in, Pop-up Auto
- Guide Number : 10 (in meters at ISO100)
- Imaging Sensor : Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Processor : BIONZ image processor
- Anti Dust : Charge protection coating on Low-Pass Filter and electromagnetic vibration mechanism
- Pixel Gross : Approx. 24.7 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution : Approx. 24.3 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor : 1.5x
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Type : 0.50" XGA OLED EVF (Electronic viewfinder) (2,359k dots)
- Diopter Adjustment : -4.0m-1 to +3.0m-1
- Field of View : 100%
- Magnification : 1.09x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 )
- Metering : Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity : -2EV to 17EV (at ISO 100 equivalent w/ f/1.4 lens)
- Exposure Compensation : +/-3.0EV1/3EV steps)
- Exposure Settings : AUTO,AUTO Advanced (AUTO+), Scene Selection (SCN), Sweep Panorama, 3D Sweep Panorama (3D), Continuous Advance Priority AE (10fps), Movie, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M)
- Scene Mode(s) : Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports action, Sunset, Night portrait, Night View, Handheld Twilight
- Picture Effect(s) : 11 types (15 variations): Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature
- D-Range Optimizer : Yes: (Auto, Level, Off)
- Auto Exposure Lock : Yes (AE Lock button)
- Color Temperature : 2500 - 9900 k with 15-step each Magenta/Green compensation (G7 to M7), Amber/Blue (A7 to B7)
- Creative Style : Standard, Vivid, Portrait , Landscape, Sunset, Black & White, (Contrast (-3 to +3steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness(-3 to +3steps))
- Exposure Bracketing : Bracket: Cont./Bracket: Single, /1/3EV, 2/3EV increments, 3 frames
- ISO : Auto (ISO 100-1600); Selectable ISO100 - 16000 equivalent
- Noise Reduction : Long Exposure NR: (On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 second) High ISO NR: (High/Normal/Low)
- White Balance Mode : Auto,Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White, Cool White, Day White), Flash, Setting the color temperature, Color Filter, Custom
- Auto High Dynamic Range : Yes, (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6 EV at 1.0 EV step), off)
- Embedded GPS : Yes
- Sweep Panorama : Horizontal (Wide/Standard), Vertical, and 3D Panorama
- Face Detection : On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off
- Smile Shutter technology : Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Image Stabilization : SteadyShot INSIDE in-body image stabilization
- Media Type : Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo media; SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- Color Space : sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Still Image Mode : JPEG (Standard, Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Still Image Size 16:9 : L size: 6000 x 3376 (20M) M size: 4240 x 2400 (10M) S size: 3008 x1688 (5.1M)
- Still Image Size 3:2 : L size: 6000 x 4000 (24M) M size: 4240 x 2832 (12M) S size: 3008 x 2000 (6M)
- Panorama Still Image Size : Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M) Horizontal Std.: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M) Vertical Wide: 2,160 x 5,536 (12M) Vertical Std.: 2,160 x 3,872 (8.4M) 3D Sweep Panorama: Horizontal Wide: 7152 X 1080 (7.7M) Horizontal Std.: 4912 X 1080 (5.3M) 16:9: 1920 X 1080 (2.1M)\
- Video Format : AVCHD / MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264))
- Video Mode : AVCHD: PS - 1920 x 1080/60p @ 28Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080/60i @ 24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080/60i @ 17Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080/24p @ 24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080/24p @ 17Mbps MP4: HD - 1440 x 1080/ 30p @ 12Mbps VGA - 640 x 480/ 30p @ 3Mbps
- Video Signal : NTSC color, EIA standards
- Audio Format : Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in Stereo Microphone
- Still Image File Format : JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3format), 3D MPO (MPF Extended compliant)
- LCD Type : 3.0" TFT Xtra Fine LCD (921,600 pixels) w/TruBlack technology
- Angle Adjustment : Tilt angle: Down: Approx. 180 degrees Rotation angle:180 degrees counterclockwise and 90 degrees clockwise.
- Brightness Control : Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 to +2)
- Coverage : 100%
- Live View : Continuous Live View (LCD/EVF Auto, selectable)
- Real-time image adjustment display : Yes(On/Off)
- Histogram : Yes (On/off)
- Grid Display : Yes (On/off)
- Customization : Grid, Histogram display, Digital Level Gauge, Grid Line, Magnified display for playback
- Burst Buffer : JPEG Standard (18 shots) JPEG Fine (17 shots) RAW (13 shots) RAW+JPEG (11 shots)
- Continuous Shooting Speed : Continuous (Hi: up to 8fps,Low: up to 3fps) Continuous Priority AE (10fps)
- Drive Mode : Single-shot, Continuous shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Bracket (Continuous/Single/WB), Remote commander (RMT-DSLR1 Sold Separately)
- Self-timer : 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay,
- Shutter Speeds : 1/4000 to 30 seconds, bulb
- Shutter Type : Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Accessory Shoe : Yes (Alpha)
- BRAVIA Sync : Yes, via HDMI with compatible BRAVIA HDTV
- DVDirect : Yes, via USB
- HD Output : HDMI (TypeC mini)
- Memory Card Slot : Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo/PRO-HG HX Duo media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- PhotoTV HD : Yes, with BRAVIA Sync enabled HDTV and HDMI cable
- USB Port(s) : USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Supplied Software : PMB (Picture Motion Browser) v5.2; Image Data Converter SR v3.2; Image Data Lightbox SR v2.2
- Operating System Compatibility : Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1; Mac OS X (v10.3-10.6), PMB is not compatible with Mac OS. Camera (via USB), Image Data Converter, and Image Data Lightbox software are compatible with Mac OS.