SP 70-200mm F/2.8 DI VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens For Nikon Product Description:
- The most compact full-size, high-speed telephoto zoom lens, delivering leading-edge image quality and featuring
- Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive). Achieves leading-edge image quality while boasting the most compact design in its class.
- One special XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass in concert with four LD (Low Dispersion) elements minimize chromatic aberrations. This combined with a new optical design that delivers high contrast and high resolution throughout the zoom range achieves leading-edge image quality.Tamron's advanced multi-layer coating technology dramatically improves lens performance by reducing flare and ghosting for crisper, clearer images.
- The rounded diaphragm affords the photographer spectacular blur effects, delivering the kind of rich expression only achievable with a high-speed telephoto zoom lens.
- The most compact full-size, high-speed telephoto zoom lens with VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) in its class delivers superior mobility, enabling photographers to capture the previously unattainable.
- Features USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual focus mechanism.
- The VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization mechanism reduces camera shake to deliver sharp images.
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
Image Stabilization and Focusing Systems
- VC (Vibration Compensation) - VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron's proprietary image stabilization system. Tamron's VC is a three-coil system, whereby three driving coils activate the shake-compensating VC lens group electromagnetically via three ceramic balls. The VC lens elements are held in place only by contact with the ceramic balls, achieving smooth movement with little friction. This provides a stable viewfinder image with excellent tracking performance. And as the VC lens may be moved in parallel using only the motorized control, the mechanical structure has been simplified, enabling the creation of a more compact lens.
- New VC System (moving coil method) - Tamron's original VC image stabilization mechanism utilized a moving magnet system whereby a heavy magnet was positioned near the moving VC lens element. In the new VC unit, the positions of the magnet and the coil are reversed, and because of this the VC optical lens element is attached to the coil. The new VC mechanism employs a moving coil mechanism with a lightweight coil, and the lighter coil reduces the load on the drive system. Thus, the lighter, more compact new VC unit contributes to the lens's overall light weight and compact size.
- The Ultrasonic Motor - In the ultrasonic motor, a piezoelectric element arranged in a ring formation generates ultrasonic vibrations in a metallic ring stator, and the vibration energy is used to rotate a metallic ring rotor that is attached to the stator. The rotation energy is in turn transferred from the metallic ring rotor to operate the focus lens.
- Excellent Companion to Tamron's Fast Standard Zoom - Tamron's SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007) is a high-speed standard zoom lens that is also equipped with four features: superior image quality, USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), advanced VC (Vibration Compensation), and is designed for full-size SLR cameras. By combining these two lenses, the focal length will be extended from wide 24mm to telephoto 200mm. This lens was the recipient of the 2012-2013 European Sounds and Imaging Association Best Product Award: Lens.
Focal Length - 70-200mm
Maximum Aperture - F/2.8
Angle of view (diagonal) - 34?21'- 12?21' (with full-size SLR cameras), 22?33'- 7?59' (with APS-C sized sensor digital SLR cameras)
Lens Construction - 23 elements in 17 groups
Minimum Focus Distance - 51.2 in (1.3m)
Maximum Magnification Ratio - 1:8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2")
Filter Size - ?77mm
Length - 7.4 in (188.3mm)
Entire Length - 7.7 in (196.7mm)
Diameter - ?85.8mm
Weight - 51.9 oz (1,470 g)(including detachable tripod mount)
No. of Diaphragm Blades - 9 (rounded diaphragm)
Minimum Aperture - F/32
Standard Accessory - Flower-shaped lens hood
SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD Nikon Mount (AFA007N-700) Product Description:
Tamron Di lenses are performance optimized for digital SLR cameras and usable with DSLRs featuring sensors commonly referred to as APS-C, measuring approximately 24mm x 16mm, as well as larger full frame (36mm x 24mm) sensors and 35mm film SLRs.
The Tamron SP designation is reserved for lenses developed with special emphasis on extraordinary photographic performance. Engineers are free to innovate in an uncommon atmosphere where optical performance comes before price, resulting in lenses that satisfy the demands of discerning photographers.
Play with light as you explore the subtle aspects of beauty. An all-new, high-speed standard zoom lens with image stabilization.
Photographic artists have been waiting for a full-featured, constant-aperture zoom lens. The wait is over. The A007 is a high-quality, highly functional, high-speed standard zoom lens covering the 24-70mm focal range. It includes both Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization to reduce shake and its USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor, enabling speedy, silent autofocusing. This SP (Super Performance) series lens makes full use of specialized glass elements in its lens layout, designed with top priority on image quality, including three LD elements and two XR (Extra Refractive Index) glasses. Tamron has minimized all types of chromatic aberration in the A007, making it a lens at the top of its class whether you use it on a digital APS-C, full-frame, or 35mm SLR camera. The A007's F/2.8 aperture enables a balance between brilliant resolution and beautiful soft blur effects. This ideal lens makes full use of Tamron's rounded diaphragm and the uncontrived, artistic blur that it provides. It is also Tamron's ?rst lens to feature our new moisture-resistant construction. Portraits. Landscapes. Studio shoots. This is the lens for them all. Capture the ?nest details of your images in precisely the way you have always wanted to. Extend your art to the limits of your inspiration with the A007.
Lens Construction (Groups/Elements) - 12/17
Angle of View (diagonal) - 84?04' - 34?21' (for full frame 35mm format cameras)
60?20' 22?33' (for APS-C format cameras)
Diaphragm Blade Number - 9 (rounded diaphragm)
Minimum Aperture - F/22
Minimum Focus Distance - 0.38m (15.0 in)
Macro Magnification Ratio - 1:5 (at f=70mm: MFD 0.38m)
Filter Diameter - 82mm
Weight - 825g (29.1 oz)
Length - 108.5mm (4.3 in)
Full Length - 116.9mm (4.6 in)
Diameter - 88.2mm (3.5 in)
Accessory - Flower-shaped Lens hood
This Kit Includes:
SP 70-200mm F/2.8 DI VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens For Nikon w/ 6-Year USA Warranty
Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 DI VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens For Nikon w/ 6-Year USA Warranty
Our Price: $1,399.00
SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD Lens for Nikon Mount (AFA007N-700)
Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD Lens for Nikon Mount (AFA007N-700)
Our Price: $1,299.00
Fastpack 200 (Black)
Lowepro Fastpack 200 (Black)
Our Price: $84.95
77mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter
Vivitar 77mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter
Our Price: $8.99
82mm Alpha UV (Ultra Violet) Multi Coated Glass Filter
Hoya 82mm Alpha UV (Ultra Violet) Multi Coated Glass Filter
Our Price: $22.95
72-Inch Photo/Video Tripod with Case
Vivitar 72-Inch Photo/Video Tripod with Case
Our Price: $24.95