Super Slim. Stunningly Close.
Style and sophistication with an amazing
10x zoom, HD movie capability, and
The slim and attractive way to bring your subjects closer - Nikon design goes beyond slim contours and sophisticated operation by engineering a precision 10x wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens into the thinnest camera in its class (1). With wide through super-telephoto coverage, the creative freedom afforded by this new lens forms a perfect blend with the other creative features of the COOLPIX S8000.
- 14.2 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 20 x 30 inches
- 10x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens - 30mm wide-angle to 300mm4 telephoto for incredibly sharp, clear images throughout the zoom range
- Huge, Bright 3.0-inch - high resolution VGA (921k-dot) Clear Color Display
- Quick Response fast start up and high speed performance
- HD movies (720p) with HDMI connectivity
- 4-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Creative Slider for simple brightness, vividness and color hue adjustment
- Advanced Flash Control delivers natural flash images
- Scene Auto Selector automatically selects one of six scenes modes
- Sport Continuous Mode takes 20 pictures at up to 11 frames per second3
- Macro shooting from as close as 0.4 in. (1cm)
- Smart Portrait System includes: Smile Timer and Blink Proof makes sure you'll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots two pictures and
automatically saves the one in which the subject's eyes remain open - Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo - In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes, while shooting, most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again - Face-Priority AF Nikon?s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces - Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits
- Dimensions Approx. 4.1 x 2.3 x 1.1 in. (WxHxD): 103 x 57 x 27.3mm excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 6.5oz. (183g) with battery and SD/SDHC memory card
1. Among compact cameras equipped with an optical zoom capable of zooming in at 10x or more as of January 15, 2010 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).