Includes Camera, 8 GB Memory Card, Battery, Camera Carrying Case, Memory Card Reader, Mini Tripod, and Cleaning Kit.
Shoot life at its fullest with the Sony DSC-W510. Capture landscapes with one touch using Sweep Panorama; get that perfect portrait with Face Detection and Smile Shutter technologies, capture wider scenes with the 26mm wide angle lens, and automatically get clear shots with SteadyShot image stabilization and iAuto.
12.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD Image Sensor
- A powerful 12.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 12.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3+ (13x19") size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
2.7" Clear Photo LCD display (230k pixels)
- Generous 2.7" (230K pixels) Clear Photo LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
Sony Lens with 4x Optical Zoom and 26mm equivalent wide angle
- The Sony 4x optical zoom lens brings distant subjects closer for great outdoors, sports, and travel photos. Thanks to 26mm equivalent wide angle of this lens you can also get great group shots in tight spots.
Sweep Panorama mode
- Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama Mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and ultra-wide options, the camera can take panoramic shots of up to 231 degrees. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
SteadyShot image stabilization
- SteadyShot image stabilization compensates for camera shake and helps prevent blur through use of digital processing technologies.
Intelligent Auto Mode
- Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts settings resulting clear images, faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Kids on the playground, landscape shots, a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party; all result in clear images without leaving auto mode.
Face Detection technology
- Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
Smile Shutter technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can now be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
480p AVI VGA Movie Mode3
- In 480p AVI movie mode the camera shoots 640 x 480 movies at 30 fps, which is the format when working with a PC. Users will create movies with full use of optical zoom in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac. Once transferred to your computer you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket and YouTube. (Compatible computer with internet capability required)
Soft Skin mode
- Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike images.
- Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- It's frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. The Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
Dynamic Range Optimizer Standard and Plus
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus uses a sophisticated algorithm to help recover shadows and highlights. The result is more natural images with clearer details that more closely match what your naked eye sees. DRO is particularly effective when shooting backlit portraits or any scene with a dramatic contrast between background and foreground lighting. DRO Plus allows for even greater optimization by analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects eight different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Portrait, Landscape and macro. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
- High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity Mode (ISO), you can select up to seven ISO settings (Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto Mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
Easy Shooting Mode
- With Easy Shooting Mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the easy mode simplifies preview mode.
In-Camera Retouching Tools
- Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming, Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Masking functions.
- PHOTOMUSIC4 combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately).
Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.3(1)
- Sony Picture Motion Browser(1) software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites6.
Includes Sony PMBP (Picture Motion Browser Portable) software2
- With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software2 the DSC-W510 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites6 without the need for any additional software or install.
W x H x D: 3 7/8" x 2 1/4" x 13/16" (96.0mm x 54.0mm x 19.9 mm)
4.2 oz. (119g)
3.6 oz (103g)
This Kit Includes:
8GB SDHC High Speed Memory Card
General Brand 8GB SDHC High Speed Memory Card
Our Price: $8.95
Point and shoot case
Vivitar Point and shoot case
Our Price: $14.99
Cyber-shot DSC-W510 Red Digital Camera
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W510 Red Digital Camera
Our Price: $88.00
NP-BN1 1150 mAh Battery for Sony DSC-H55, DSC-HX5V & Similar Digital Cameras
Vidpro NP-BN1 1150 mAh Battery for Sony DSC-H55, DSC-HX5V & Similar Digital Cameras
Our Price: $15.99
Hi-Speed SD and Micro SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
General Brand Hi-Speed SD and Micro SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
Our Price: $4.95
Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
General Brand Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
Our Price: $5.49
3-Piece Cleaning Kit
General Brand 3-Piece Cleaning Kit
Our Price: $4.95