The lightweight and compact SP AF10-24mm Di II, the first-ever 2.4X ultra wide-angle lens for digital SLR cameras, features an unprecedented focal length range equivalent to 16mm ultra wide-angle to 37mm semi-wide-angle. With this versatile ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, photographers can capture magnificent vistas and extraordinary close-ups, bold compositions and unique perspectives, creating imagery impossible with standard wide-angle lenses.
Compact Ultra Wide-angle Zoom Lens Covering a Broad Range from 10mm to 24mm
- The new Tamron zoom covers a focal length range equivalent to 16-37mm* when converted to a 35mm full-size format. Its ultra-wide zoom ratio of more than 2X provides a versatile variety of angles of view, thus improving photographic creativity. *Tamron?s conversion ratio is 1.5x.
Features an Optical Design Optimized for Digital Camera Characteristics Ensures High Optical Performance
- Employment of Special Optical Glass Materials Provides High Performance The new zoom lens uses an HID glass element and a pair of LD glass elements to minimize on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations that are the greatest hindrance to high optical quality. To further achieve outstanding optical quality, the lens uses a high quality, glass-molded aspherical element and three hybrid aspherical elements to thoroughly compensate for spherical and comatic aberrations and distortion.
* HID ? High Index/High Dispersion optical glass
* LD ? Low Dispersion optical glass
- Optical Design Optimizes the Angles of Incidences of Light Rays Reaching the Imager The ultra wide zoom lens uses a new optical system designed to confine the changing angles of incidences of light rays reaching the imager within a certain scope over the entire image field from the center to the periphery, by considering the effects of variances due to zooming.
- Enhanced Peripheral Illumination Peripheral light fall-off is minimized so that images are high quality from the center to the periphery.
- Outstanding Resolution As an SP Di II class lens, it provides high optical quality in terms of resolution, contrast and flatness of image field.
- Internal Surface Coating Reduces Ghosting and Flare The lens uses a newly developed multiple coating and internal surface coating, (i.e., multiple-layer coatings on cemented surfaces of plural lenses) to reduce the image degradation caused by the reflection of light rays entering from the lens front and affected by the imager.
Ultra Compact and Lightweight Design
- The new zoom lens covers a wider focal length range with a greater zoom ratio and offers a faster maximum aperture and enhanced optical quality than the existing SP AF11-18mm zoom lens. Despite higher specifications that are likely to incur a bulky design, the new zoom lens is lightweight and compact. Tamron has successfully realized a versatile ultra wide-angle zoom lens that is lightweight and compact enough in overall length and diameter to accept a 77mm filter, the same as the existing SP AF11-18mm zoom lens.
Minimum Focus Distance of 0.24m throughout the Entire Zoom Range
- Considering the importance of "close focusing capability" as an essential condition in wide-angle photography, Tamron has achieved a 0.24m minimum focus distance over the entire zoom range. Getting closer to the subject allows you to easily express a more creative photographic vision.
Flower-shaped Lens Hood
- A glare-reducing flower-shaped lens hood is included as a standard accessory. The special hood provides optimum shading of superfluous light rays that enter from the rectangular frame outside the image field.
New External Design Conveying "High Performance, High Precision Image" on the Basis of Tamron's Conventional Lens Design
- The external design is improved to enhance the uniformity and smoothness. The metallic finish of the gold band of Tamron lenses makes it stand out as a Di II lens, while the layout of alphanumerical markings is improved for better visibility. The rubber patterns of the zoom and focus rings have also been improved to compliment today?s digital camera design style and to provide better handling.
- Focal Length: 10-24mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5-4.5
- Diagonal Angle of View: 108 degrees 44' - 60 degrees 20' (APS-C equiv)
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 13 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.4" (over the entire riange)
- Maximum Mag. Ratio: 1:5.1 (at f=24mm)
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Overall Length: 3.4"
- Maximum Diameter: 83.2mm
- Weight: 14.3oz
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Standard Accessory: Flower-shaped Lens Hood and Case Included
- Compatibility: For Canon EOS cameras
- Warranty: Tamron Six-Year Warranty
This Kit Includes:
40.5mm Wide Angle & Telephoto Lens, Cleaning Kit, Memory Card Wallet and More
General Brand 40.5mm Wide Angle & Telephoto Lens, Cleaning Kit, Memory Card Wallet and More
Our Price: $49.99
10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD SP AF Aspherical (IF) Lens For Canon EOS
Tamron 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD SP AF Aspherical (IF) Lens For Canon EOS
Our Price: $499.00
77mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter
Vivitar 77mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter
Our Price: $8.99
8GB SDHC High Speed Memory Card
General Brand 8GB SDHC High Speed Memory Card
Our Price: $8.95
Large Gadget Bag for SLR Digital Cameras
General Brand Large Gadget Bag for SLR Digital Cameras
Our Price: $24.95
72-Inch Photo/Video Tripod with Case
Vivitar 72-Inch Photo/Video Tripod with Case
Our Price: $24.95
Professional Lens Blower
General Brand Professional Lens Blower
Our Price: $6.49
Hi-Speed SD and Micro SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
General Brand Hi-Speed SD and Micro SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
Our Price: $10.49
Tr-Fold Memory Card Wallet
General Brand Tr-Fold Memory Card Wallet
Our Price: $9.99
3-Piece Cleaning Kit
General Brand 3-Piece Cleaning Kit
Our Price: $4.95