Focus at the speed of sight - Superior speed, response, and quality in a compact body
Stay true to your aim with the world's fastest (0.05-s) autofocus with the world's most (425) phase-detection AF points, exemplary image quality and the ultimate in 4K recording.
- Explore the next dimension: Advanced 4D FOCUS tracks even fast-moving subjects quickly and precisely.
- See incredible image quality: Image sensor delivers images with less noise within a wide sensitivity range up to ISO 51200.
- Experience professional movie functions: Record the ultimate resolution in 4K movie quality and enjoy other movie functions favored by professionals.
AF Evolution Accelerates
The world's fastest (0.05 s) autofocus, featuring the world's most (425) phase-detection AF points, and High-density Tracking AF Technology take 4D FOCUS farther.
World's most (425) phase-detection AF points - Denser phase-detection AF point coverage
With an incredible 425 focal plane phase-detection AF points densely positioned over the entire image area, this comprehensive AF point coverage ensures that no subject escapes its attention.
World's fastest (0.05 sec) AF speed - Enhanced Fast Hybrid AF
With the world's highest AF speed (0.05 s) assisted by the ultra-efficient BIONZ X image processing engine, you can instantly capture a fast-moving subject with supreme accuracy.
High-density Tracking AF Technology - Extra-consistent shooting of fast-moving action
High-density Tracking AF Technology quickly activates AF points to follow moving subjects with about 7.5 times the coverage density of the a6000, for extra-precise, reliable detection and tracking of subjects in action.
Preserve more peak moments - High-speed continuous shooting clarifies climactic action
Ensure clear coverage of crucial moments. Choose continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking up to 11fps, or up to 8fps with live view featuring minimal display lag on the EVF or LCD screen.
Inside imaging innovation
The Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processing algorithm help capture high-quality images throughout a wide sensitivity range up to ISO 51200.
Extra image sensor perception - Raising resolution and efficiency
With a new lower copper wiring layer and processing circuitry that improves light collection efficiency, the image sensor expands sensitivity range up to ISO 512003 with reduced noise.
Peerless processing performance - Driving our image processing engine farther
The BIONZ X image processor works with the image sensor to provide stills and movies with more clarity and detailed texture, with less noise, especially in the mid-to-high ISO range.
Shoot more moving action
Beyond higher-resolution 4K recording, multiple movie functions sharpen your advantage and appetite to support professional moviemaking.
For the ultimate resolution in 4K movie recording
Full pixel readout without pixel binning (about 2.4x (6K equivalent) as much image data condensed to 4K) achieves the ultimate in 4K movie resolution and realism.
Advance your movie-making ambitions - Run the gamut of greater range and refinement
Newly employed S-Gamut/S-Log enable wide dynamic range (max. 1300%) shooting for more expressive movie-making in post-production. The a6300 even offers 14-stop latitude at S-Log3 setting.
Full HD 120fps recording/Slow motion recording
Shoot 120fps (100fps) high-speed shooting in Full HD with AF tracking. Or, record 4x/5x slow motion movies internally.
High-bitrate XAVC S format
XAVC S format allows 4K recording (24p (25p), 30p) and Full 120fps high-speed shooting (120p) at up to 100 Mbps bitrate to capture detailed movies with minimal compression noise.
Enhanced operability and reliability
With advanced, reliable, easy-to-use functions in a robust magnesium alloy body, the a6300 rises to new heights of professional-class performance.
Preview and monitor exactly what you aim for
The new high-contrast, high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder offers spectacular views, especially when new high-frame-rate 120fps mode is selected to display smoother action for easier tracking.
- Better Grip: An ergonomic grip gives you a more secure hold of the camera, even with a large lens, plus more assured shutter release and Mode dial operation.
- Megnesium Alloy Body: Magnesium allow construction makes the camera body stroe, light and rigid enough to withstand touch shooting assignments.
- Robust Lens Mount: This provides a solid foundation for mounting even large, heavy telephoto or movie-shooting lenses for long, rugged use.
- Dust/Moisture Resistance: Sealed buttons/dials and double-layered interlocking components prevent entry of dust and moisture, for reliable operation under tough conditions.
- Power Supply via USB: To conserve the camera's internal battery, camera operation can be powered via USB connection to a PC or mobile battery.
- Digital Level Gauge: The digital level gauge indicated that the camera is level in both the horizontal (pitch) and front-back (tilt) directions.
- Tiltable LCD Screen: The LCD screen tilts up and down, about 90 degrees and 45 degrees, respectively, to accommodate various shooting angles.
- Easy Button Customization: Assign any of the 64 functions to any of 9 customizable buttons for more intuitive, quick, easy access and control.
Now, it's even easier to share what you shoot - Use WiFi/NFC/QR code for seamless, simple connections
Wireless links via Near Field Communication (and now, via QR code, for those without NFC-enabled smartphones) make it easy to transfer image data from the a6300 to mobile devices.
- PlayMemories Online: Backup to Sony secure cloud service and access your photos and videos from any devices.
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: This application broadens your photographic horizons by letting you add more functions to the camera.
Wide-ranging accessories meet every need - Professional options open up new horizons.
Further expand your shooting pleasure and give your photography a professional edge with accessories specially designed for this model.
Capture One Express (for Sony) - One of the world's best RAW converters by Phase One
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world's best RAW converters, rendering precise colors and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable integrated solution.
- Lens Mount: E-mount
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount lenses
- Sensor Type: APS-C
- Sensor: APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm) Exmor CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (Total): Approx. 25.0 megapixels
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio: 3 : 2
- Anti-Dust System: Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
Recording (Still Images)
- Recording Format (Still images): JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 4240 x 2832 (12M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 4240 x 2400 (10M), S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama: Wide: horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M), Standard: horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- RAW Output: 14 bit
- Picture Effect: 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1-6 also provided)
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Color Space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Recording Format: XAVC S/AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant/MP4
- Video Compression: XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format: XAVC S: LPCM 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Image Size (Pixels), NTSC: XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p/100 Mbps, 30p/60 Mbps, 24p/100 Mbps, 24p/60 Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/50 Mbps, 30p/50 Mbps, 24p/50 Mbps, 120p/100 Mbps, 120p/60 Mbps), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28 Mbps/PS, 60i/24 Mbps/FX, 60i/17 Mbps/FH, 24p/24 Mbps/FX, 24p/17 Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28 Mbps, 30p/16 Mbps), 1280 x 720 (30p/6 Mbps)
- Image Size (pixels), PAL: XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p/100 Mbps, 25p/60 Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/50 Mbps, 25p/50 Mbps, 100p/100 Mbps, 100p/60 Mbps), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28 Mbps/PS, 50i/24 Mbps/FX, 50i/17 Mbps/FH, 25p/24 Mbps/FX, 25p/17 Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28 Mbps, 25p/16 Mbps), 1280 x 720 (25p/6 Mbps)
- High Frame Rate Recording: NTSC: 1920 x 1080 (24p/12 Mbps, 30p/16 Mbps), PAL: 1920 x 1080 (25p/16 Mbps)
- Picture Profile: Yes (Off / PP1-PP9) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode (Movie, Still, Cinema, Pro, ITU709 Matrix, White&Black, S-Gamut, S-Gamut3.Cine, S-Gamut3), Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Movie Functions: Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Picture Profile, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Rec Control, Dual Video Rec, Marker Setting, PAL/NTSC Selector, Gamma Display Assist
- Color Space: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Compatible Recording Media: Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro (M2), SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Storage Media Slot: Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo / SD memory card
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR: Auto/ ISO 100 to 51200
- White Balance Modes: Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 57 steps, A7 to B7: 29 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- AWB Micro Adjustment: G7 to M7 (57 steps), A7 to B7 (29 steps)
- Bracketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Type: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Point: 425 points (phase-detection AF) / 169 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range: EV-1 to EV 20 (ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- AF Mode: Automatic AF (AF-A), Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (425 points (phase-detection AF), 169 points(contrast-detection AF)) / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) /Expanded Flexible Spot/ Lock-on AF ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Other Features: Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Focus lock; Eye-Start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.98-9.8 ft), AF ON
- Metering Type: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor: Exmor CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity: EV-2 to EV20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes: Auto (iAuto, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie/High Frame Rate (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M))
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing: Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments.
- AE Lock: Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.
- ISO Sensitivity: Still images: ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type: XGA OLED, 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color)
- Number of Dots: 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder): Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Color Temperature Control: Manual (5 steps)
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 1.07x (35 mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1m-1
- Dioptre Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0 m-1
- Eye Point: Approx. 23 mm from the eyepiece lens, 21.4 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Display: Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display: On/Off
- Finder Frame Rate Selection: Yes (1x, 2x)
- Screen Type: 2.95 in (3.0-type) wide type TFT
- Total Number of Dots: 921,600 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD): Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle: Up approx. 90 degrees, down approx. 45 degrees
- Display Selecter (Finder/LCD): Auto/Manual
- LCD Display: Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge / Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD): On/Off
- Focus Magnifier: 5.9x, 11.7x
- Zebra: Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting)
- Peaking MF: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Face Detection: On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off, Face registration, Face selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Auto Object Framing: Yes
- Clear Image Zoom: Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Smart Zoom (Still Image): M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2.0x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image): L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8x
- Digital Zoom (Movie): Approx. 4x
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Lens Compensation: Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Zoom Ring Rotate: Yes
- Image Processor: BIONZ X
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed: Still images: 1/4000 to 30 s, Bulb, Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode), PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed: 1/160 sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: Yes, On/Off
- Silent Shooting: Yes, On/Off
- Steadyshot: Not supported (image stabilization supplied by lens)
- Flash Control: Built-in flash
- Flash Compensation: +/-3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Bracketing: 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync, Wireless
- External Flash Compatibility: Sony a System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe. Attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe.
- FE Level Lock: Yes
- Drive Modes: Single shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi+/Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- Self-timer: 10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/10 sec. delay)
- Speed (approx. max.): Continuous mode: 11fps (Hi+), 8fps (Hi), 6fps (Mid), 3fps (Lo)
- No. of recordable frames (approx.): 44 frames (JPEG Extra fine L), 47 frames (JPEG Fine L), 55 frames (JPEG Standard L), 21 frames (RAW), 21 frames (RAW&JPEG)
- Playback Modes: Single (with or without shooting information, Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 12/30-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 16.7x, M: 11.8x, S: 8.3x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still/Date/MP4/AVCHD/XAVC S HD/XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- PC Interface: Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- Multi / Micro USB Terminal: Yes
- Wireless LAN (Built-In): Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz band) Playback of still images and movies on smartphones, PCs and TVs
- NFC: Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu), Photo TV HD, 4K movie output, 4K still image playback
- Multi Interface Shoe: Yes
- Others: Microphone terminal (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphone or XLR-K2M / XLR-K1M / ECM-XYST1M (sold separately)
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural
- Compatible Standards: Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Custom Function Type: Custom key settings, Programmable setting
- Memory Function: Yes (2 sets)
- Supplied Battery: Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images): Approx. 350 shots (viewfinder) / Approx. 400 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Movies): Actual: Approx. 70 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 75 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard), Continuous: Approx. 115 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 115 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- External Power: AC Adapter AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 2.63 x 4.72 x 1.92 in
- Weight: Approx. 12.73 oz (body only)/Approx. 14.25 oz (with battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo)
- Operating Temperature: 32-104 degrees F / 0-40 degrees C
This Kit Includes:
40.5mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter - BR-FU405
Bower 40.5mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter - BR-FU405
Our Price: $7.99
ILCE-6300 a6300 4K Mirrorless Camera w/ 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
Sony ILCE-6300 a6300 4K Mirrorless Camera w/ 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
Our Price: $848.00
SEL55210 - 55-210mm Zoom E-Mount Lens (Black)
Sony SEL55210 - 55-210mm Zoom E-Mount Lens (Black)
Our Price: $348.00
Paintshop Pro 2018 (Digital Download Card)
Corel Paintshop Pro 2018 (Digital Download Card)
Our Price: $40.00
Ultra SDHC 16GB UHS Class 10 Memory Card, Up to 80MB/s Read Speed
Sandisk Ultra SDHC 16GB UHS Class 10 Memory Card, Up to 80MB/s Read Speed
Our Price: $14.99
NP-FW50 Replacement Camera Battery for Select Sony Digital Cameras
General Brand NP-FW50 Replacement Camera Battery for Select Sony Digital Cameras
Our Price: $24.95
Camera Bag for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras (Medium)
Deco Gear Camera Bag for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras (Medium)
Our Price: $34.95