Meet the New Game-Changer.
Changing the way users capture still images and video with a DSLR camera, Canon proudly introduces the EOS 70D ? a trailblazing powerhouse featuring a revolutionary autofocus technology that unlocks the potential of Live View: Dual Pixel CMOS AF. This game-changing technology allows the EOS 70D to capture video in Live View with smooth and precise autofocus similar to that of a camcorder, complete with the superb image quality that is a hallmark of EOS cameras. Additionally, Dual Pixel CMOS AF provides fast and accurate autofocus during Live View still image capture, enabling you to fully benefit from the freedom of angle allowed by the Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II. Compositional options are now nearly limitless with the two real-world choices of Live View and viewfinder shooting. To further empower the photographer, Canon engineers spent months ensuring that the cutting-edge Dual Pixel CMOS AF on the EOS 70D is compatible with 103 Canon EF lenses, greatly expanding creative possibilities. Built-in wireless technology and the EOS Remote app further enhance shooting versatility, as well as enable easy sharing. Brilliant image quality is provided by the EOS 70D's 20.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, a first for an EOS camera with an APS-C sized sensor. A powerful DIGIC 5+ Image Processor supports continuous shooting up to 7.0 frames per second, as well as an extended ISO range of 100?12800 (H: 25600) that allows shooting in a wide variety of lighting conditions. Stunning photos can be accomplished using the remarkable 19-point all cross-type AF system with a high precision dual cross f/2.8 center point, and advanced display options available on the Intelligent Viewfinder supply exceptional control. In-camera imaging features like HDR, HDR Backlight Control, Multiple Exposure, Handheld Night Scene, and Creative Filters available in real time help turn even simple images into spectacular photos. Elevating the possibilities of creative expression to extraordinary new heights, the powerful EOS 70D with Dual Pixel CMOS AF places the ability to capture both amazing stills and video right in your hands.
- Canon's innovative Dual Pixel CMOS AF enables you to shoot video like a camcorder with smooth, fast, and accurate autofocus; lets you enjoy instant and precise autofocus even when shooting stills from a variety of angles with the freedom provided by the Vari-angle LCD; and provides amazing autofocus power with 103 compatible Canon EF lenses when shooting photos or video.
- Built-in wireless technology allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, share your images with wireless-enabled Canon cameras, or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android smartphone with the free download of the EOS Remote app. Use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (with the EOS Remote app), or even print your images on a wireless PictBridge certified printer.
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600) for shooting from bright to dim light and high performance DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for exceptional image quality and processing speed.
- High speed continuous shooting up to 7.0 fps allows you to capture quick action.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for improved continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p), built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment with attenuator function to reduce audio clipping, and Video Snapshot with editing for expanded movie shooting options.
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience, flexible positioning, and clear viewing even when outdoors in sunlight.
- 19-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision f/2.8 dual cross-type AF center point) with a wide area array for exceptional autofocus performance and greater compositional freedom when shooting with the viewfinder.
- Intelligent Viewfinder with superimposed LCD display provides approximately 98% field of view, and Multi-Aspect ratio in Live View broadens your choices in composition.
- Expand your creativity with advanced in-camera imaging features like High Dynamic Range, Multiple Exposure, Handheld Night Scene and HDR Backlight Control, along with seven Creative Filters that can be displayed in real time during Live View shooting.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode delivers expertly optimized photos and offers improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
- SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
- Compatible with Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) memory cards and Eye-Fi cards (Built-in wireless LAN cannot be used simultaneously with Eye-Fi cards)
- Approx. 22.5mm x 15.0mm (APS-C)
- Canon EF lenses (including EF-S lenses)
- Canon EF mount
- CMOS Sensor
- Effective pixels: Approx. 20.2 Megapixels
- Total pixels: Approx. 20.9 Megapixels
- 4.1 ?m square
- Approx. 19.0 megapixels
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
- Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Dust Deletion Feature
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
- Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking approx. 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking approx. 5 sec.).
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
(3) Manual cleaning
- Complete with Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and EXIF 2.30
- Still: JPEG: JPG, RAW: CR2 (Canon Raw 2nd edition), RAW+JPEG
- Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
3:2 Aspect Ratio
- Large: Approx. 20.0 Megapixels (5472 x 3648)
- Medium: Approx. 8.9 Megapixels (3648 x 2432)
- Small 1: Approx. 5.0 Megapixels (2736 x 1824)
- Small 2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
- Small 3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
- RAW: Approx. 20.0 Megapixels (5472 x 3648)
- mRAW: Approx. 11.2 Megapixels (4104 x 2736)
- sRAW: Approx. 5.0 Megapixels (2736 x 1824)
4:3 Aspect Ratio
- Large: Approx. 17.7 Megapixels (4864 x 3648)
- Medium: Approx. 7.9 Megapixels (3248 x 2432)
- Small 1: Approx. 4.4 Megapixels (2432 x 1824)
- Small 2: Approx. 2.2 Megapixels (1696 x 1280)
- Small 3: Approx. 0.31 Megapixels (640 x 480)
- RAW: Approx. 17.7 Megapixels (4864 x 3648)
- mRAW: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels (3648 x 2736)
- sRAW: Approx. 4.4 Megapixels (2432 x 1824)
16:9 Aspect Ratio
- Large: Approx. 16.8 Megapixels (5472 x 3072)
- Medium: Approx. 7.5 Megapixels (3648 x 2048)
- Small 1: Approx. 4.2 Megapixels (2736 x 1536)
- Small 2: Approx. 2.1 Megapixels (1920 x 1080)
- Small 3: Approx. 0.29 Megapixels (720 x 408)
- RAW: Approx. 16.8 Megapixels (5472 x 3072)
- mRAW: Approx. 9.5 Megapixels (4104 x 2310)
- sRAW: Approx. 4.2 Megapixels (2736 x 1536)
1:1 Aspect Ratio
- Large: Approx. 13.3 Megapixels (3648 x 3648)
- Medium: Approx. 5.9 Megapixels (2432 x 2432)
- Small 1: Approx. 3.3 Megapixels (1824 x 1824)
- Small 2: Approx. 1.6 Megapixels (1280 x 1280)
- Small 3: Approx. 0.23 Megapixels (480 x 480)
- RAW: Approx. 13.3 Megapixels (3648 x 3648)
- mRAW: Approx. 7.5 Megapixels (2736 x 2736)
- sRAW: Approx. 3.3 Megapixels (1824 x 1824)
- Not Available
- The following three types of file numbering methods can be set:
(1) Continuous numbering
- The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the camera's card.
(2) Auto reset
- When you replace the camera's card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image on the card.
(3) Manual reset
- Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
- sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- In Basic Zone modes, "Auto" is set automatically.
- In Creative Zone modes, you can select or set the Picture Style.
- Default settings for [User Defined 1-3] are [Auto].
- Auto, Preset (Daylight; Shade; Cloudy, Twilight, Sunset; Tungsten light; White Fluorescent Light; Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000? - 10,000?K), Color Temperature (Approx. 2,500? - 10,000?K)
Auto White Balance
- Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
- Blue/amber bias: ?9 levels
- Magenta/green bias: ?9 levels
- Correction based on the current WB mode's color temperature.
Color Temperature Information Transmission
- Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentaprism)
- Approx. 98% vertically and horizontally (with eye point approx. 22mm)
- Approx. 0.95x / 27.9? (50mm lens at 8, -1m-1 dpt)
- Approx. 22mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
- Adjustable from approx. -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (dpt)
- Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
- AF points, focus confirmation, AF area selection mode
- Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning
- Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light
- Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information
- Grid, electronic level
Depth Of Field Preview
- Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- TTL secondary image-forming, phase-difference detection with AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- 19-point cross-type AF
- All AF points are cross-type at f/5.6.
- Center AF point is cross-type at f/2.8.
AF Working Range
- Center AF Point: EV -0.5 to 18
- Other AF Points: EV 0 to EV 18
- At room temperature and ISO 100, based on Canon's testing standards
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF
- Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF
(2) Manual focus
AF Point Selection
(1) Manual selection
(2) Auto selection
- Automatically set in Basic Zone modes.
Selected AF Point Display
- Indicated by translucent liquid crystal display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.
AF Assist Beam
- Intermittent firing of built-in flash
- Effective range: Approx. 13.1 ft. / 4.0m at center, approx. 11.5 ft. / 3.5m at periphery
- With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
- Compatible with AF assist-beam (intermittent firing) of 320EX, 270EX II and 270EX flashes.
- TTL maximum aperture metering with 63-zone metering sensor:
1. Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
2. Partial metering (center, approx. 7.7% of viewfinder)
3. Spot metering (center, approx. 3.0% of viewfinder)
4. Center-weighted average metering
- EV 1-20 (at 73?F/23?C, ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems
(1) Program AE (shiftable)
(2) Shutter-priority AE
(3) Aperture-priority AE
(4) Manual exposure
(6) Custom shooting mode
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable)
(2) Flash OFF
(3) Creative Auto
(4) Special Scene
- Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control
ISO Speed Range
Manual setting range of ISO 100-12800, expansion to ISO 25600 equivalent
- Auto, Flash OFF, Creative Auto: ISO 100-6400
- Scene Mode - Portrait, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, HDR Backlight Control mode: ISO 100-6400
- Scene Mode - Landscape: ISO 100-1600
- Scene Mode - Handheld Night Scene: ISO 100-12800
- P, Tv, Av, M: ISO 100-12800
- B: ISO 400 (*1)
- With flash: ISO 400 (*1,2,3,4)
*1: Depends on the minimum and maximum of Auto ISO setting.
*2: If shooting in bright light results in overexposure, the ISO speed can be set as low as ISO 100.
*3: Auto, Night Portrait and Handheld Night Scene are excluded.
*4: If you use bounce flash with an external Speedlite in the Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports or P modes, the ISO speed is set automatically within ISO 400-1600.
(1) Manual: ?5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
(2) AEB: ?3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Manual exposure compensation and AEB can be set in combination.
- AEB is set in the following sequence: Standard exposure, decreased exposure, and increased exposure. If AEB is used with the self-timer, three continuous shots will be taken regardless of the current drive mode.
- Number of bracketed shots: 2, 3, 5 or 7 settable with C.Fn.
(1) Auto AE lock
- In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
- Enabled with the AE lock button (Press again to update.) in all metering modes.
- Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled
- 1/8000 to 30 sec., X-sync at 1/250 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
Shutter Lag Time
(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.065 sec.
- About 0.1 sec. in case of silent shooting.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.14 sec.
- About 0.18 sec. in case of silent shooting.
- Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3.5 stops or less (Excludes AF operation time).
Built in Flash
- Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentamirror
- Approx. 39.4 ft./12m (at ISO 100)
- Up to 17mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 27mm in 135 format)
Flash Exposure Compensation
- Up to ?3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering), FE lock
Flash Exposure Compensation
- ?3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
External Flash Settings
(1) External flash function setting
- Flash firing, E-TTL II auto flash system, flash mode, wireless master, zoom, sync setting, flash exposure compensation, FEB, and clear setting.
- With the 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT, radio wireless transmission control is possible.
(2) External flash C.Fn setting
- The actual setting options for (1) and (2) will differ depending on the Speedlite used.
(1) Single shooting
(2) High-speed continuous shooting
(3) Low-speed continuous shooting
(4) Silent single shooting
(5) Silent continuous shooting
(6) 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control
(7) 2-sec. self-timer/Remote control
Continuous Shooting Speed
- High-speed continuous shooting: Max. approx. 7.0 fps
- At 1/500 sec. or faster shutter speed, and at the maximum aperture (varies depending on the lens)
- Low-speed continuous shooting: Max approx. 3.0 fps.
- Silent continuous shooting: Max approx. 3.0 fps.
Based on 8GB memory Card:
- JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 40 Shots
- RAW: Approx. 15 Shots
- RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 8 Shots
Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card:
- JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 65 Shots
- RAW: Approx. 16 Shots
- RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 8 Shots
- Figures are based on Canon's testing standards (ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style).
- At ISO 12800, maximum burst will greatly decrease due to internal processing.
Live View Functions
- Still photo shooting and video shooting
(1) AF operation with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, One-shot AF
- Face Detection plus Tracking AF
- FlexiZone - Multi (31 zones, AF at the touched zone)
- FlexiZone - Single
(2) TTL secondary image-forming, phase-difference detection with AF operation, One-shot AF
- Manual selection: Single point AF
- Manual selection: Zone AF
- Auto selection: 19-point AF
- Automatically set in Basic Zone modes
(3) Manual focus
- Manual focusing by enlarging images by approx. 5 to 10 times
- Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 10.3% of Live View screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 2.6% of Live View screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
- AE lock possible. The active metering time can be changed.
- EV 1-18 (with Dual Pixel CMOS AF at 73?F/23?C and ISO 100)
- Three grids provided:
(1) Grid 1: 3 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
(2) Grid 2: 6 vertical and 4 horizontal lines
(3) Grid 3: 3 vertical and 3 horizontal lines + diagonal
- Provided (Mode 1 and Mode 2)
- Movie: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
- Variable (average) bit rate
- Audio: Linear PCM
- Meta information is embedded in the MOV file (no separate THM file)
1920 x 1080 (30 fps/25fps/24fps):
- 235 MB/min. with IPB compression
- 685 MB/min. with All-I compression
1280 x 720 (60 fps/50 fps):
- 205 MB/min. with IPB compression
- 610 MB/min. with All-I compression
640 x 480 (30 fps/25 fps):
- 78 MB/min. with IPB compression
- If the file size exceed 4GB, a new file will be automatically created.
- See following section for actual frame rates.
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 25p / 24p (23.976)
- 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
- 640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
Continuous Shooting Time
Based on 8GB Memory Card
[1920 x 1080]
30 fps / 25 fps / 24 fps:
- 32 min. with IPB compression
- 11 min. with All-I compression
[1280 x 720]
60 fps / 50 fps:
- 37 min. with IPB compression
- 12 min. with All-I compression
[640 x 480]
30 fps / 25 fps:
- 97 min. with IPB or All-I compression
- The maximum recording time is limited to 29 min. 59 sec.
- See Frame Rates section for actual frame rates
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
(1) One-shot AF
(2) Servo AF
(3) Manual Focus
- Magnify the image by approx. 5x or approx. 10x and focus manually.
AF using AF point selection:
1. Face Detection plus Tracking AF
2. FlexiZone - Multi
- 31 zones, AF at the touched zone
3. FlexiZone - Single
(1) Program AE for movie shooting
- In Basic Zone modes, P, Av, and Tv modes
- Shutter speed 1/30 - 1/4000 sec. (Signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed automatically set.
(2) Manual exposure
- Shutter speed (signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed (auto/manual) manually set. The shutter speed (signal accumulation time) is limited to 1/4000 sec. at the maximum and to 1/30 sec. at the minimum for 24/25/30 fps or 1/60 sec. or higher for 50/60 fps.
- Provided (?3 stops in 1/3-stop increments)
- For movies, exposure compensation will not be applied beyond ?3 stops even if the exposure compensation has been set beyond ?3 stops.
- For still photo shooting, the exposure compensation can be set and applied up to ?5 stops.
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor with Touch Panel LCD (capacitive type)
- Wide 3.0-inch (Screen aspect ration of 3:2)
- 7.7cm diagonal (6.37cm wide, 4.25cm high)
- Approx. 1,040,000 dots
- Approx. 100%
- Adjustable to one of seven levels
- Anti-smudge, anti-reflection coating
- 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
On LCD Monitor
Single image display
- Single image, basic information, detailed information, histogram
- 4-image index, 9-image index
- 1/10/100 images, by date, by folder, movies only, stills only, by rating
- With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will blink
- Brightness / RGB
Quick Control Function
When you press the Quick Control function button under the following conditions, you can set the functions below (The settable functions depend on the shooting mode.):
1. Viewfinder shooting:
- Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, exposure compensation/ AEB, flash exposure compensation, Picture Style, White balance, White balance correction/White balance bracketing, Auto Lighting Optimizer, Metering mode, AF operation, Drive mode/Self-timer, image-recording quality, Flash firings, Ambience-based shots, Light/scene-based shots, Special scene modes, and wireless LAN connection.
2. Live View shooting:
- Scene Setting, AF method, Drive mode, Metering mode, Image-recording quality, White balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, Creative Filters, Flash firing, Ambience-based shots, Light/scene-based shots, and Background blurring/sharpening.
- AF Method, Drive mode, Movie-recording size, Digital zoom, White Balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer and Video Snapshot.
When you press the Quick Control function button under the following conditions, you can set the functions below:
1. During still photo playback:
- Image protect, image rotate, rating, Creative Filters, resize, Cropping, and image jump with Main Dial
2. During movie playback:
- Image protect, rating, and image jump with Main Dial
IMAGE PROTECTION AND ERASE
- Erase protection can be applied / canceled for a single image, all images in a folder, or all images on the card
- Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images in folder, erase all images on a card, or erase only unprotected images
- PictBridge-compatible printers
- RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
- Movies cannot be printed.
DPOF: DIGITAL PRINT ORDER FORMAT
- Complies to DPOF Version 1.1
DIRECT IMAGES TRANSFER
- Not Provided
- 23 Custom Functions settable with camera
- The following camera controls can be customized by assigning the desired function: Shutter button halfway pressing, AF-ON button, AE lock button, Depth-of-field preview button, Lens AF Stop button, SET button, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, and Multi-controller
My Menu Registration
- Up to six items from top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
- For personal computer communication and PictBridge (Hi-Speed USB)
- Audio (stereo)/video (NTSC/PAL) output
To connect a GP-E2 GPS Receiver
- When connected via interface cable, GP-E2 cannot be used with Wi-Fi functions simultaneously.
- When GP-E2 is connected via hot shoe, Wi-Fi functions and GP-E2 can be used simultaneously.
- PC communication and direct printing cannot be performed when Wi-Fi functions are used.
Video Out Terminal
- HDMI Type C (Switches automatically to suit the resolution)
- Video output: 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 480/60p, 576/50p
- Switches automatically to 1, 2, 3, or 4 to suit the TV
Battery Pack LP-E6 x1
- With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6, AC power is possible.
- With Battery Grip BG-E14, it is possible to use two Battery Pack LP-E6 units.
Number of Shots
(Temperature - AE 100% - 50% use of built-in flash)
At 73? F/23?C - approx. 1000 - approx. 800
At 32? F/0? C - approx. 900 - approx. 750
Live View shooting at 73?F/23?C - approx. 230 - approx. 220
Live View shooting at 32?F/0?C - approx. 220 - approx. 210
(1) Camera Body Only, LP-E6 x1
(Shooting Method - Temperature - AE 100% - AE 50%, FA 50%)
Viewfinder Shooting - 73?F / 23?C - 1300 - 920
Viewfinder Shooting - 32?F / 0?C - 1200 - 850
Live View Shooting - 73?F / 23?C - 230 - 210
Live View Shooting - 32?F / 0?C - 210 - 200
(2) Using Battery Grip BG-E14
(Shooting Method - Power Source - Temperature - AE 100% - AE 50%, FA 50%)
Shooting - LP-E6 x1 - 73?F / 23?C - 1300 - 920
Shooting - LP-E6 x2 - 73?F /23?C - 2600 - 1840
Shooting - LP-E6 x2 - 32?F / 0?C - 2400 - 1700
Shooting - Size-AA/LR6 Alkaline Batteries - 73?F / 23?C - 490 - 320
Shooting - Size-AA/LR6 Alkaline Batteries - 32?F / 0?C - 90 - 50
Live View Shooting - LP-E6 x1 - 73?F / 23?C - 230 - 210
Live View Shooting - LP-E6 x2 - 73?F / 23?C - 460 - 420
Live View Shooting - LP-E6 x2 - 32?F / 0?C - 420 - 400
Size-AA/LR6 Alkaline Batteries - 73?F / 23?C - N/A
Size-AA/LR6 Alkaline Batteries - 32?F / 0?C - N/A
- Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON
- Battery level indicated in 6 levels.
- Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses
- [Auto power off] settable to 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min., 30 min., or disable
- Built-in secondary battery
- It is not replaceable by the user. It recharges when LP-E6 is loaded or when the AC adapter is connected. Without any recharging, the backup battery can maintain the date/time for approx. 3 months. The backup battery taxes approx. 8 hours to be fully recharged.
- Approx. 0.15 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 5.5 x 4.1 x3.1 in.
- Approx. 139.0 x 104.3 x 78.5mm
- Approx. 26.7 oz. / 755g (W Model: CIPA standard)
- Approx. 23.8 oz. / 675g (W Model: Body only)
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
- 85% or less
Designed for high-quality still image and video capture while being compact and lightweight, the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens features the optics, AF and image stabilization necessary for shooting in any number of situations. For brilliant image quality it has one high-precision aspheric lens to reduce chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range. It features optimized lens coatings to ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare and a 7-blade circular aperture to ensure beautiful, soft backgrounds. For outstanding performance, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens perfectly complements the Movie Servo AF feature found on select EOS Cameras with a compact six-group zoom system and a new stepping motor and focus mechanism to deliver smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting. Still photography benefits from a high-speed CPU and an optimized AF algorithm. Full-time manual focus is available in AF mode and the front element does not rotate during focus, perfect for use with polarizing filters. Handheld photography is enhanced by the lens' Optical Image Stabilizer system, offering the equivalent of four stops of compensation. Compact and highly versatile, it is the ideal lens to carry anywhere.
- 57-Inch Full Size Tripod
- Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
- Compact Lightweight Digital Slave Flash with Bracket
- 2.5X Telephoto and 0.45X Super Wide Angle high definition lens set
- 58mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit (set of 3 + carrying case)
- Digital Camera and Camcorder Screen Protectors for LCD's (pack of 3)
- 58mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter
- 3pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
- Hi-Speed SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
- Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag
- Deluxe Digital Camera/Video Sling Style Shoulder Bag - Black
- Tri-fold Memory Card Wallet
- 16GB Secure Digital SD Memory Card
- 8GB Secure Digital SD Memory Card
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
- 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6
- 13 elements in 11 groups
Diagonal Angle of View
- 74? 20' - 27? 50'
Inner focusing system
Closest Focusing Distance
- 0.82 ft. / 0.25m
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
- 2.7 x 3.0 inches, approx. 7.2 oz. /69.0 x 75.2mm, approx. 205g