The D90's image sensor and 12.3 effective megapixels combine with Nikon's exclusive EXPEED image processing to deliver outstanding images featuring fine details, smooth tones, rich colors and low noise across a wide ISO sensitivity range.
The D90 is the world's first digital SLR camera with a movie shooting function that delivers genuinely cinematic results, enhanced by the creatively shallow depth of field made possible by the DX-format sensor. This is further refined by the optical quality and broad selection of NIKKOR lenses - the same lenses relied upon by professional photographers the world over. Thanks to the D90's large image sensor, D-Movie images exhibit less noise than those of a typical camcorder, most notably in low-light situations.
The D90 also provides remarkable performance and operability, featuring Nikon?s exclusive Scene Recognition System that advances precision in auto focus, auto exposure, and auto white balance in diverse shooting situations. Live View mode allows shooting while confirming the subject on the large 3-in., approx. 920k-dot high-density color LCD and offers three contrast-detect AF modes to allow photographers to focus on any point in the frame, enabling a greater variety of composition. In addition to wide and normal area AF, the D90 offers face priority AF in Live View mode for even sharper pictures of people.
All of these powerful features and more are housed in a compact, comfortable-to-hold body, with intuitive controls. In other words, the D90 is a camera that will satisfy the requirements of passionate photographers who demand superior image quality and crave exciting new photographic possibilities.
- 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS imaging sensor: Coupled with Nikon's EXPEED image processing technologies and NIKKOR optics, breathtaking image fidelity is assured.
- Continuous shooting as fast as 4.5 frames-per-second: Combined with fast 0.15ms power-up and split-second 65ms shooting lag, dramatic action and decisive moments are captured easily.
- D-Movie Mode?Cinematic 24fps HD with sound: Record cinematic-quality movie clips at up to 720p HD (1280 x 720 pixels) in Motion JPEG format, enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility.
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200: High signal-to-noise components and design deliver exceptional performance, even at high ISO setting.
- 3-inch super-density 920,000-dot color LCD monitor: High resolution, 170-degree wide-angle viewing guarantees confident image review and movie playback.
- Built-in image sensor cleaning: Effective 4-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning frees image degrading dust particles from the sensor's optical low pass filter.
- 11-point AF system with Face Priority: Consistently fast and accurate autofocus, reinforced by the Nikon Scene Recognition System, delivers razor sharpness in a wide variety of conditions.
- One-button Live View: Easy to use Live View activates access to 3 contrast detection focus modes including Face Priority AF.
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System: Nikon's renowned 420-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, teamed with the exclusive Scene Recognition System, evaluates images, referencing an on-board database of over 30,000 photographic scenes, for unmatched exposure accuracy.
- Comprehensive exposure control: Five advanced scene modes plus Program Auto, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual.
- Auto Active D-Lighting: Selectable and Automatic, Active D-Lighting optimizes details within shadows and highlights, taming high-contrast situations in real time.
- Durable, high precision shutter: Testing to over 100,000 cycles assures shutter life and accuracy.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Creative freedom stems from exclusive in-camera image editing, featuring Fisheye effect, Straighten and Distortion Control as well as D-Lighting, Red-eye Reduction, Image Overlay, Monochrome and more.
- GPS geo-tagging: GP-1 GPS unit (optional) provides automatic real-time geo-tagging.
- Type: Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens mount: Nikon F mount (with AF coupling and AF contacts)
- Effective picture angle: Approx. 1.5 x lens focal length (Nikon DX format)
- Effective pixels: 12.3 million
- Image sensor: 23.6 x 15.8 mm CMOS sensor
- Total pixels: 12.9 million
- Dust-reduction system: Image Sensor Cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 required)
- Image size (pixels): 4,288 x 2,848 [L], 3,216 x 2,136 [M], 2,144 x 1,424 [S]
- File format: NEF (RAW) / JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8), or basic (approx. 1:16) compression / NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Picture Control System: Can be selected from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape; storage for up to nine custom Picture Controls
- Media: SD memory cards, SDHC compliant
- File system: DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0, DPOF (Digital Print Order Format), Exif 2.21 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras), PictBridge
- Viewfinder: Eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Frame coverage: Approx. 96% horizontal and 96% vertical
- Magnification: Approx. 0.94 x (50mm f/1.4 lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1)
- Eyepoint: 19.5 mm (-1.0 m-1)
- Diopter adjustment: -2 to +1 m-1
- Focusing screen: Type B BriteView Clear Matte screen Mark II with focus frame (framing grid can be displayed)
- Reflex mirror: Quick-return type
- Depth-of-field preview: When depth-of-field preview button is pressed, lens aperture is stopped down to value selected by user (A and M modes) or by camera (other modes)
- Lens aperture: Instant return, electronically controlled
- Compatible lenses:
- DX AF Nikkor: All functions supported
- Type G or D AF Nikkor: All functions supported (PC Micro-Nikkor does not support some functions)
- IX-Nikkor lenses not supported
- Other AF Nikkor: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II
- Lenses for F3AF not supported
- AI-P Nikkor: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II and auto focus
- Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in exposure mode M, but exposure meter does not function. Electronic rangefinder can be used if lens has a maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster.
- Shutter type: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/4,000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, Bulb
- Flash sync speed: X = 1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200s or slower
- Release modes: Single-frame, continuous low speed, continuous high speed, self-timer, delayed remote, quick-response
- Frame advance rate: Continuous high speed: up to 4.5 fps, continuous low speed: 1-4 fps
- Self-timer: Can be selected from 2, 5, 10 and 20 s duration
- Exposure metering: TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
- Exposure method:
- Matrix: 3D color matrix metering II (type G and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)
- Center-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 6-, 8- or 10-mm circle in center of frame
- Spot: Meters 3.5-mm circle (about 2% of frame) centered on selected focus point
- Exposure range (ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, 20 degrees C/68 degrees F):
- Matrix or center-weighted metering: 0-20 EV
- Spot metering: 2-20 EV
- Exposure meter coupling: CPU
- Exposure modes: Auto modes (auto, auto [flash off]), Advanced Scene Modes (Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Close-up, Night Portrait), programmed auto with flexible program (P), shutter-priority auto (S), aperture-priority auto (A), manual (M)
- Exposure compensation: +/-5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- Exposure bracketing: 2 or 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1 or 2 EV
- Exposure lock: Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
- ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index): ISO 200 to 3200 in steps of 1/3 EV, can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7 or 1 EV (ISO 100 equivalent) below ISO 200, or to approx. 0.3, 0.7 or 1 EV (ISO 6400 equivalent) over ISO 3200, ISO sensitivity auto control available
- Active D-Lighting: Can be selected from Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low or off
- Active D-Lighting bracketing: 2 frames
- Autofocus: Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus module with TTL phase detection, 11 focus points (including 1 cross-type sensor) and AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 0.5-3 m/1 ft. 8 in.-9 ft. 10 in.)
- Detection range: -1 to +19 EV (ISO 100 equivalent, 20 degrees C / 68 degrees F)
- Lens servo:
- Autofocus: Single-servo AF (S), Continuous-servo AF (C), Auto-servo AF (A), Predictive focus tracking automatically activated according to subject status in single- and continuous-servo AF
- Manual (M): Electronic rangefinder supported
- Focus point: Can be selected from 11 focus points
- AF-area modes: Single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, auto-area AF, 3D-tracking (11 points) AF
- Focus lock: Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (Single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
- Built-in flash: Auto, Portrait, Close-up, Night Portrait modes: Auto flash with auto pop-up / P, S, A, M: Manual pop-up with button release
- Guide number (m/ft.) at 20 degrees C/68 degrees F:
- At ISO 200: Approx. 17/56, 18/59 with manual flash
- At ISO 100 equivalent: Approx. 12/39, 13/43 with manual flash
- Flash control:
- TTL: i-TTL balanced fill-flash and standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR using 420-pixel RGB sensor are available with built-in flash, SB-900, SB-800, SB-600 or SB-400
- Auto aperture: Available with SB-900, SB-800 and CPU lenses
- Non-TTL auto: Supported flash units include SB-900, SB-800, SB-28, SB-27 or SB-22s
- Range-priority manual: Available with SB-900 and SB-800
- Flash modes: Front curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction with slow sync
- Flash compensation: -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3, or 1/2 EV
Flash bracketing 2 or 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1 or 2 EV
- Flash-ready indicator: Lights when built-in flash or SB-900, SB-800, SB-600, SB-400, SB-80DX, SB-28DX, or SB-50DX is fully charged; blinks for 3 s after flash is fired at full output in i-TTL or auto aperture modes
- Accessory shoe: Standard ISO 518 hot-shoe contact with safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS): Advanced Wireless Lighting supported with built-in flash, SB-900, SB-800, or SU-800 as commander and SB-900, SB-800, SB-600 or SB-R200 as remotes; Auto FP High-Speed Sync and modeling illumination supported with all CLS-compatible flash units except SB-400; Flash Color Information Communication and FV lock supported with all CLS-compatible flash units
- White balance: Auto (TTL white-balance with main image sensor and 420-pixel RGB sensor); 12 manual modes with fine-tuning; color temperature setting; preset manual white balance
- White balance bracketing: 2 or 3 frames in steps of 1, 2 or 3
- Live View AF modes: Face priority AF, wide area AF, normal area AF
Live View focus Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face priority AF is selected)
- Movie image size (pixels): 1,280 x 720/24 fps, 640 x 424/24 fps, 320 x 216/24 fps
- Movie file format: AVI
- Movie compression format: Motion-JPEG, with monaural sound
- LCD monitor: 3-in., approx. 920k-dot (VGA), low-temperature polysilicon TFT LCD with 170 degree viewing angle, approx. 100% frame coverage, and brightness adjustment
- Playback function: Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9 or 72 images or calendar) playback with playback zoom, movie playback, Pictmotion, slide show, histogram display, highlights, auto image rotation, and image comment (up to 36 characters)
- USB: Hi-Speed USB
- Audio video output: Can be selected from NTSC and PAL; simultaneous playback from both the audio video output and on the LCD monitor available
- HDMI output: HDMI Mini connector; camera monitor turns off when HDMI cable is connected
- Accessory terminal:
- Remote Cord MC-DC2 (Optional)
- GPS Unit GP-1 (Optional)
- Supported languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Battery: One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3e
- Battery pack: Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D80 (optional) with one or two Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3e or six R6/AA-size alkaline, Ni-MH, lithium or nickel-manganese batteries (Battery Holder MS-D200 is required when using R6/AA-size batteries.)
- AC adapter: AC Adapter EH-5a (optional)
- Tripod socket: 1/4 in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 132 x 103 x 77 mm/5.2 x 4.1 x 3.0 in.
- Weight: Approx. 620 g/1 lb. 6 oz. without battery, memory card, body cap or monitor cover
- Temperature: 0-40 degrees C / 32-104 degrees F
- Humidity: Less than 85% (no condensation)
This Kit Includes:
D90 DX-Format Digital SLR Outfit w/ 18-105mm DX VR Lens
Nikon D90 DX-Format Digital SLR Outfit w/ 18-105mm DX VR Lens
Our Price: $699.00
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Our Price: $2,096.95