- Astro 320 Handheld
- T 5 mini Dog Device with Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- Bike Mount
Premier Tracking System for Sporting Dogs
- Track up to 10 dogs at a time, up to 9 miles (T 5) and 4 miles (T 5 mini) away
- T 5 or T 5 mini dog devices with top-mounted high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS transmitter with flexible braided steel antenna
- Compatible with TT 15 and TT 15 mini dog devices and collars (for tracking only)
- Advanced mapping with optional BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and TOPO maps
The Astro 320 handheld takes dog tracking to a higher level. It allows you to keep track of up to 10 dogs with multiple handsets and T 5 or T 5 mini dog devices (sold separately). High-sensitivity Garmin GPS/GLONASS transmitter, enhanced map drawing capabilities, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery compatibility and a 3-axis electronic compass ensures you get to your truck or camp at the end of the hunt. And it's all easy to get to through a vibrant, sunlight-readable 2.6-inch color display.
See Your Dogs' Every Move
The Astro handheld and T 5 (or T 5 mini) dog device boast high-sensitivity GPS receiver/transmitters. Both the T 5 and T 5 mini have a top-mounted GPS antenna and is designed to keep its flexible, braided stainless steel radio antenna upright for best reception so you can track your dog's position even in heavy tree cover or deep canyons. And it's tough enough to run wherever you dog runs (water-rated to 10 meters).
You can track up to 10 dogs at one time with Astro, at a range of up to 9 mi (T 5) or 4 miles (T 5 mini) away, depending on terrain. The system transmits information by line-of-sight, so it reaches farthest in flat, open territory.
As often as every 5 seconds, the T 5 and T 5 mini dog devices transmit your dog's position to your Astro 320 handheld. Through the vibrant display, you can see your dog's current location and a trail of where he?s been on the map page. Switch over to the Dog Tracker page to view a compass pointing to your dog?s location.
When tracking multiple dogs with T 5 and T 5 mini dog devices, you can also see each dog's precise distance on the map page, and you can choose to auto zoom the map so all dogs can be seen on the display at any time. Dogs that are too far away to fit on the map?s current zoom scale can be notated on the display?s margin in the direction of the dog?s location. You can also choose the duration that each dog?s track log is viewed on the display, or toggle it off completely.
Special Features for Your Peace of Mind
Rescue mode provides a reduced update rate when battery life drops below 25 percent in order to preserve battery life and give you more time to look for a lost dog. The improved battery life means when you set your update rate, making the battery last anywhere from 16 hours (with the T 5/TT 15 mini) to 40 hours (T 5/ TT 15). In rescue mode, the battery lasts 24 to 44 hours, depending on the dog device used. Plus, Collar Lock creates a 4-digit PIN number that helps prevent others from seeing your dog?s whereabouts - a useful feature in field trials to ensure an Astro is used only as a search tool when a dog in competition becomes lost.
Upgrade with Ease
Getting what you need for the hunt is now a little easier. You can purchase the entire Astro bundle and as many T 5 and T 5 mini dog devices with collars as you need. And your Astro 320 is compatible with every T 5 and T 5 mini dog device.
Astro 320 has a microSD card slot so you can load TOPO U.S. 24K maps for land elevation contours or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. Astro 320 also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) so you can download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. Mapping depicts important nearby geographical features and lets you know if your dog has crossed a creek or is nearing a dangerous road.
Astro 320 is also compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
Count Your Conveys
After you've captured your quarry, mark the exact spot with Astro's Covey Counter, a special waypoint that tells you the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey, as well as the number of birds you flushed and took from that location. Astro lets you save other special waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge," so you can save the location of these places quickly and easily for each hunt. Astro also offers special waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Wirelessly connecting to a variety of compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB action cameras and ANT+ sensors (including heart rate monitor and bike cadence), the Astro 320 can link with your buddy?s Oregon, Montana, GPSMAP 64 or other ANT+ enabled devices.
Turn Your Computer Into a BaseStation for Tracking Dogs
Load your laptop with BaseStation software to turn it into a field control center for tracking multiple dogs (T 5 and T 5 mini dog devices). View real-time GPS information on the larger display of your computer, making it ideal for canine search and rescue teams. And because it?s GPS/GLONASS, you'll get safe, secure and more effective tracking, even where Internet and cell phone service isn?t available.
The Big Dog Just Got Better
- Uses HotFix and a high sensitivity receiver to acquire satellites
- Offers an improved base map with Digital Elevation Model
- Offers improved mapping support with access to TOPO U.S. 24K, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, Garmin Custom Maps, City Navigator NT, BlueChart g2 and more (sold separately)
- Allows you to adjust your dog's track length
- Zooms in (and out) quickly to find your dog
- Tracks 10,000 points of information per dog, ensuring your records are accurate no matter how long you are out
- Uses a universally accepted GPX file format to store all of your data
- Includes a keypad lock to stop accidental key presses
- Allows you to switch profiles - hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, fitness, etc. - quickly so you won't miss a beat once you're done hunting
- Debuts innovative features like enhanced map drawing capabilities, vibration-based alerts and a 3-axis electronic compass
- Features legendary toughness that?s built to withstand the elements ? be it dust, dirt, humidity or water
- Marks your exact spot with Covey Counter, a special waypoint that tells you the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey
- Saves other "special" waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge" as well as waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points
- Customizable Dog Display: Tracking man's best friend has never been so easy. WIth the 320, you can choose to see a combination of your dog's name, direction, distance and status so you can see everything without leaving your map.
- Stay Up-to-Date: Your dog covers some serious ground, but you don't need to. Stay focused on where you're going, while keeping up-to-date on your dog, even when he or she has gone off screen.
- Share Dogs: Need to share your dog with a pal? No worry. Wirelessly send, receive or transfer a dog's name, ID and update rate between units. You can track up to 10 dogs at a time, at a distance of up to 9 miles (T 5) or 4 miles (T 5 mini) away, depending on the terrain.
- Activity Logging: Keep track of what you did, when you did it, with Astro's improved calendar. It automatically and conveniently links all of your marked points and logged tracks to the day of the hunt for later review, or bragging rights.
- Dashboards: Bring more functionality to your device with more dashboards in more places. View your elevation plot, coordinates, compass arrow and more on any page, at any time.
- Improved Interface: Bigger and bolder, the 320 uses larger icons and text so you can find what you're looking for faster. Plus, the interface streamlines what is displayed by allowing dogs that are outside the current zoom level to have their location notated in the display?s margin.
Astro 320 Specifications
Physical & Performance
- Physical Dimensions: 2.4" x 6.3" x 1.4" (6.1 x 16.0 x 3.6 cm)
- Display Size, WxH: 1.43" x 2.15" (3.6 x 5.5 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
- Display Resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
- Display Type: transflective, 65-K color TFT
- Weight: 9.2 oz (260.1 g) with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery Life: up to 20 hours (Astro 320)
- Water Rating: IPX7
- High-Sensitivity Receiver: Yes
- Interface: USB
- Barometric Altimeter: Yes
- Electronic Compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Unit-to-Unit Transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes
Maps & Memory
- Basemap: Yes
- Ability to Add Maps: Yes
- Built-in Memory: 1.7 GB
- Accepts Data Cards: microSD card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/Favorites/Locations: 2000
- Routes: 200
- Track Log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic Routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-Friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Custom Maps Compatible: Yes
- Hunt/Fish Calendar: Yes
- Sun and Moon Information: Yes
- Tide Tables: Yes
- Area Calculation: Yes
- Garmin Connect Compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): Yes
- Range (line of sight): T 5: 9 miles; Mini: 4 miles
- Frequency Band: MURS (The T 5, T 5 mini, TT 15 and TT 15 mini are only compatible with the Astro 320 and the Alpha 100. T 5, T 5 mini, TT 15 and TT 15 mini can be configured for operation with either handheld but cannot be tracked simultaneously by both the Astro 320 and the Alpha 100)
- Vibration Mode: Yes
- Tracks up to 10 Dogs Simultaneously: Yes
T 5 mini Specifications
- Unit Dimensions (WxHxD): 3.1" x 1.8" x 1.4" (7.8 x 4.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Weight: 5.1 oz (145 g) for transmitter and antenna (without collar); 7.0 oz (198 g) total weight (with collar)
- Battery Type: rechargeable lithium-ion pack; user replaceable
- Battery Life: 16-30 hours
- Range: 4 miles
- Interface: USB
- Water Rating: 1 ATM (10 meters)
- Neck Size: Minimum of 9.5" (24 cm) in circumference
- High-Sensitivity GPS/GLONASS Receiver: Yes
- GPS Antenna: top, orange
- Stimulation/Vibration/Tone: No
- LED Beacon Lights: Yes
- Frequency Band: MURS (T 5/5 mini, TT 15/15 mini are only compatible with the Astro 320 and the Alpha 100. T 5/5 mini and TT 15/15 mini can be configured for operation with either handheld but cannot be tracked simultaneously by both the Astro 320 and the Alpha 100)
- Rescue Mode: Yes
- Replaceable Collar Straps: Yes
- Collar Compatibility: 3/4? (1.9 cm)
This Kit Includes:
Astro 320 Handheld and T 5 mini Dog Training Device Bundle
Garmin Astro 320 Handheld and T 5 mini Dog Training Device Bundle
Our Price: $599.99
Bike Mount for GPS
Garmin Bike Mount for GPS
Our Price: $9.99