Sony RX100M IV Cyber-shot Digital Still 20.1 MP 1" Sensor Camera
World's first 20.1 MP 1" Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor
Introducing the world's first 1" (1.0-type) stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and a blazingly fast shutter speed of up to 1/32000. This new Exmor RS sensor not only enhances efficiency and speed of A/D conversion through its stacked structure with more circuit sections; it also realizes over five times faster readout speed of the previous RX100 III - thanks to a DRAM chip integrated into the sensor structure. This processing speed allows for stunning 20.1-megapixels at up to 16fps continuous shooting, breathtaking 4k movie and super slow-motion HFR (High Frame Rate) recording of up to 960fps (40x) movie clips - not to mention remarkable low-light low-noise capability.
High resolution Clip-4K movie with direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
The compact - pocket-size RX100 IV features Clip 4K: short video of up to 5 minute 4K movie recording directly to SD memory card - ideal for everyday casual use. High quality 4k is achieved by the 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor with full pixel readout and no line skipping or pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moire and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Moreover, the XAVC S format is incorporated to maximize high-bitrate shooting up to 100 Mbps for professional quality video.
Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
See the unseen with superspeed HFR (High Frame Rate). The RX100 IV can capture super slow motion HFR movie at up to 40x slower than real time. You can chose from 960fps, 480fps or 240fps to playback in XAVC S at 1920 x 1080, in either 60p, 30p or 24p. Choose between "quality priority" (2 sec.) and "shoot time priority" (4 sec.). There's also an option to set "start trigger" or "end trigger" which will start capturing movie before or after you press the movie rec. button so you can time those split-second moments perfectly.
Super-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter at max. 1/32000 sec. up to 14fps
Thanks to dramatically accelerated sensor readout, shutter speeds of up to 1/32000 sec. minimize distortion caused by rolling shutter phenomenon. This new blazing-fast - Anti-Distortion Shutter system - can capture shots of swiftly moving subjects without altering their shape as conventional CMOS sensors tend to do. Additionally, the super high speed shutter gives you freedom to shoot photos with defocused backgrounds by using large aperture settings under very bright lighting conditions. This is achieved by a combination of 1/32000 super high speed shutter and built-in ND filter that allows photos to be shot in extremely bright light at a maximum of EV19 with a fully open F-number aperture setting.
Bright F1.8- F2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens (24-70mm)
The RX100 IV features a large aperture F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens with 24-70mm zoom (35mm equivalent). The lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused backgrounds (bokeh). Two aspherical lens elements are incorporated into the design to improve sharpness while the premium multi-layered T coating also dramatically reduces ghost and flare caused by light reflection.
Fast Intelligent AF thanks to the new Exmor RS CMOS sensor
With Fast Intelligent AF, the RX100 IV can capture those decisive moments and fleeting opportunities much faster than previous models. It incorporates an autofocusing system that enables high-speed, high-precision contrast detection, thanks to Sony's proprietary algorithm and the new Exmor RS CMOS sensor.
Retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer electronic viewfinder with ZEISS T coating
View every scene in rich detail with the bright and retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finer electronic viewfinder (EVF) with high resolution equivalent to approx. 2,359k-dots. The viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can accurately frame your image, focus and monitor the results. The ZEISS T coating enhances clarity and reduces flare and reflection in the eyepiece optics.
Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC - control, shoot and share
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi, you can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile App. From there you can control your camera, preview and frame using your mobile device and trigger the camera shutter or movie button. Then instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your device. NFC (Near Field Communication) provides "one-touch connection" convenience to Android smartphones and tablets with NFC. Simply touch devices to connect. Setting up your mobile device is as simple as downloading a free PlayMemories Mobile app.
Personalize your camera with PlayMemories Camera Apps
Add new features to your RX100 IV with PlayMemories Camera Apps. Find apps to fit your shooting style - with everything from time lapse to motion shot and more. Use apps that shoot, share and save photos to your smartphone using Wi-Fi, making it easy to post photos directly to your favorite social media site or backup images to the cloud without connecting to a computer.
Dual record of 16.8MP photos while shooting movie with auto settings
The new Exmor RS sensor's heightened processing speed enables the RX100 IV to capture high-precision still images up to 16.8MP without pixel binning while recording a movie. You have the option of pressing the shutter release button during movie review, or using the smart Auto Dual Rec function for taking stills automatically while shooting a movie. This function utilizes Sony's advanced Face Detection technology and 11 composition patterns to capture still images. Furthermore, you can choose from 'High', 'Standard' or 'Low' frequency, according to your preferences.
Enhanced pro-video functions and NTCS/ PAL switchable
The RX100 IV includes professional movie functions such as; Picture Profile, S-Log2/S-Gamut, TC/UB (time code / user bit), Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, marker display function, etc. that have typically been available only in professional-use camcorders. You also have the choice of region setting between NTSC and PAL movie frame rates.
Selfie-ready multi-angle 3 Xtra Fine LCD studying
Selfies have never been easier with a beautiful 3" (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. This also makes it easy to photograph over crowds or low to capture pets eye to eye by swinging up approx. 180 degrees and down approx. 45 degrees. Easily scroll through menus and preview life thanks to WhiteMagic technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
Built-in ND filter for wider-ranging photographic expression
Realize a wider range of photographic expression with built-in 1/8 (3 EV stops) ND filter that allows the use of wider aperture for defocused backgrounds even in bright daylight.
HDMI clear output for uncompressed video recordings
Clean, uncompressed digital movie signal output can be transferred to an external monitor/recorder connected to the RX100 IV via the HDMI terminal. The RX100 IV can record video simultaneously to internal media and uncompressed video to the external recorder in real time.
Comfortable control ring for manual operation
A unique control ring around the lens works in combination with an intuitive, display interface for meticulous SLR-type control over settings that satisfies even the most fastidious users. The control ring can be assigned to adjust various features (at various values) from basics like zooming and aperture to creative functions like Picture Effect. Moreover, it turns smoothly and seamlessly, allowing quiet, click-free usage while shooting movies including a new step-zoom function that enables instant selection of commonly used focal lengths.
- Sensor Type: 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Number of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 20.1 megapixels
- Number of Pixels (Gross): Approx. 21.0 megapixels
- Lens Type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspherical elements including AA lens)
- F-Number (Maximum Aperture): F1.8 (W) - 2.8 (T)
- Aperture Type: Iris diaphragm (7 blades)
- ND Filter: Auto / On (3 steps) / Off
- Focal Length (f=): f = 8.8-25.7mm
- Focal Length (f=) 35mm Format Equivalent: [Still Image 3:2]: f= 24-70mm [Still Image 16:9] f= 26-76mm; [Still Image 4:3] f= 25- 73mm [Still Image 1:1] f= 30.5-89mm; [Movie 16:9] f= 25.5-74mm (SteadyShot Standard), f= 30-86mm (SteadyShot Active), f= 33.5- 95mm (SteadyShot Intelligent Active); [Movie 4K 16:9] f=28-80mm (SteadyShot Standard), [HFR 960fps] f=42-118mm (Quality Priority), f=60-170mm (Shoot Time Priority); [HFR 480fps] f=28-80mm (Quality Priority), f=42- 118mm (Shoot Time Priority); [HFR 240fps] f=26-75mm (Quality Priority), f=28-80mm (Shoot Time Priority)
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens): AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity; T: Approx. 30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity)
- Optical Zoom: 2.9 x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Clear Image Zoom: [Still Image] Approx. 5.8x; [Movie] Approx. 5.8x
- Digital Zoom: [Still Image] Approx. 11x; [Movie] Approx. 11x
- Screen Type: 7.5 cm (3.0 type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- Adjustable Angle: Up: approx. 180 degrees, down: approx. 45 degrees
- Screen Type / Number of Dots: 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (XGA OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control: Auto/Manual (5 steps)
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.59x with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m -1 (dioptre) (35mm equiv.)
- Eye-Point: Approx. 20mm from the eyepiece, 19.2mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m -1 (dioptre) (CIPA standard)
- Diopter: -4.0 to +3.0m -1
- Image Processor BIONZ: Yes (BIONZ X)
- SteadyShot: [Still Image] Optical; [Movie] Intelligent Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation (Anti Rolling type)
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF / Continuous AF / DMF / Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot / Lock on AF (Wide/Center/Flexible Spot (S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Lock on AF: Yes
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- Exposure Control: Yes
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image): Auto (ISO 125-12800, selectable with upper/ lower limit), 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100); Multi Frame NR : Auto (ISO 125- 12800), 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): Auto (ISO 125 -ISO 12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800
- Minimum Illumination (Movie): Auto: 1.2 lux (Shutter Speed 1/30")
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluor.: Warm White / Fluor.: Cool White / Fluor.: Day White / Fluor.: Daylight / Flash / C.Temp. / Filter / Custom
- Shutter Speed: iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000)
- Electronic Shutter: iAuto (4" - 1/32000) / Program Auto(30" - 1/32000) / Manual (30" - 1/32000) / Aperture Priority (30" - 1/32000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/32000)
- Image Control: Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Colour Space (sRGB / Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW / RAW&JPEG / Extra fine / Fine / Standard)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On / Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 sec.; High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step))
- Shooting Mode: AUTO (Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum): Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 16 fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5.5 fps
- Self-Timer: 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Drive Mode: Single, Continuous shooting, Speed priority continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Single-bracketing, Cont.-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- Panorama: Sweep Panorama
- Photo Creativity: Yes
- Picture Effect: [Still Image] Toy camera, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Colour, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolour, Illustration; [Movie] Toy camera, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Colour, High Contrast Mono.
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Picture Profile: Off/PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Color Level, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Flash: [Flash Mode] Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off; [Flash Range] ISO Auto: Approx.0.4m to 10.2m (1.31 ft. to 33.46 ft.) (W) / Approx. 0.4 m to 6.5 m (1.31 ft. to 21.33 ft.) (T)
ISO12800: up to Approx. 20.4m (66.93 ft.) (W) / Approx. 13.0m (42.65 ft.) (T)
- Compatible Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I), SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I), microSD Memory Card, microSDHC Memory Card, microSDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format: Still Image: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format); Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- Recording Format (Movie Audio): XAVC S: LPCM 2ch / AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator) / MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Color Space (Still): sRGB, Adobe RGB
- File Format: DCF / DPOF / EXIF / MPF
- Number of Recorded Pixels (Image Size): [3:2] 20M (5,472x3,648) / 10M (3,888x2,592) / 5M (2,736x1,824); [4:3] 18M (4,864x3,648) / 10M (3,648x2,736) / 5M (2,592x1,944) / VGA; [16:9] 17M (5,472x3,080) / 7.5M (3,648x2,056) / 4.2M (2,720x1,528); [1:1] 13M (3,648x3,648) / 6.5M (2,544x2,544) / 3.7M (1,920x1,920); [Sweep Panorama] Wide (12,416x1,856/5,536x2,160), Standard (8,192x1,856/3,872x2,160)
- Still Image Number of Recorded Pixels (Image Size) During Movie: [16:9] 17M (5,472x3,080) / 7.5M (3,648x2,056) / 4.2M (2,720x1,528)
- Movie Recording Mode NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] Mode: AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920x1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920x1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920x1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840x2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840x2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920x1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920x1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920x1,080/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920x1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920x1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280x720/25p)
- Movie Recording Mode NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] Mode: AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920x1,080/60p) / 24M FX (1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/60i) / 24M FX (1,920x1,080/24p) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3,840x2,160/30p) / 30p 60M (3,840x2,160/30p) / 24p 100M (3,840x2,160/24p) / 24p 60M (3,840x2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/24p) / 120p 100M (1,920x1,080/120p) / 120p 60M (1,920x1,080/120p), MP4: 28M (1,920x1,080/60p) / 16M (1,920x1,080/30p) / 6M (1,280x720/30p)
- HFR NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] Mode: XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps)
- HFR NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] Mode: XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps)
- HFR Sensor Readout Number of Effective Pixels: Quality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824x1,026), 480fps/500fps (1,676x566), 960fps/1000fps (1,136x384)/Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676x566), 480fps/500fps (1,136x384), 960fps/1000fps (800x270)
- Type: Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
- Input and Output Terminal: Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz band))
- Eye-Fi: Yes
- Power Source: DC3.6V (supplied battery) / DC5.0V (supplied AC adaptor)
- Battery System: NP-BX1 (supplied)
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode): Approx. 1.9W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Battery Life Still Images: Monitor: Approx. 280 / Approx. 140min., Viewfinder: Approx. 230 / Approx. 115min.
- Battery Life Movies (Actual Shooting): Monitor: Approx. 45 min., Viewfinder: Approx. 45 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4GB)
- Movies (Continuous Shooting): Monitor: Approx. 80 min., Viewfinder: Approx. 85 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4GB)
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Shooting Functions: Eye AF / Face Detection / Face Registration / Still Image Recording (during movie recording) / Smile shutter / Grid Line / Quick Navi / Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll) / WB Bracket / DRO Bracketing / MF Assist / Peaking / Zebra / Marker Display / Micref Level / Step Zoom / Quick Zoom / Self-portrait timer / TC/UB / Photographer Name & Copyright / ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed / PC Remote Control
- Playback Functions: BRAVIA Sync / 9/25-frame index view / Auto orientation / Slide Show / Forward/Rewind (Movie) / Delete / Protect / Motion Shot Video / Beauty Effect / TRILUMINOS Colour / 4K image output
- Supplies Accessories: Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC Adaptor, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, strap adapter, Instruction Manual
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 101.6 mm x 58.1 mm x 41.0 mm (approx. 4 x 2 3/8 x 1 5/8 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 298 g (approx. 10.5 oz) (Battery and Memory Stick Duo include); Approx. 271 g (approx. 9.6 oz) (Body only)
This Kit Includes:
DSC-RX100M IV Cyber-shot Digital Still 20.1 MP 1" Sensor Camera
Sony DSC-RX100M IV Cyber-shot Digital Still 20.1 MP 1" Sensor Camera
Our Price: $798.00
Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag for Cameras/Camcorders
General Brand Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag for Cameras/Camcorders
Our Price: $14.95
12-Inch Compact Rubberized Spider Tripod & Support, Large (Red) SP12-RED
General Brand 12-Inch Compact Rubberized Spider Tripod & Support, Large (Red) SP12-RED
Our Price: $9.99
32GB SDHC High Speed Memory Card
Extreme Speed 32GB SDHC High Speed Memory Card
Our Price: $27.99
Corel Paint Shop Pro 2018 (Digital Download Card - Updated Version of the X9)
Corel Corel Paint Shop Pro 2018 (Digital Download Card - Updated Version of the X9)
Our Price: $40.00
1 Year Extended Warranty for Products Valued From $500-$1000 - EW1-1000
CPS 1 Year Extended Warranty for Products Valued From $500-$1000 - EW1-1000
Our Price: $19.99