Over the past decade, Epson has been inspired by the way Creative Professionals embraced technology to realize their vision. Perhaps that is why Epson works so closely with industry professionals before developing any new Epson Stylus Pro product. Together, we have set the standards by which all other photographic imaging technologies are measured. So, when Epson decided to further push the limits of photographic imaging technology, we once again looked to the industry for answers.
Introducing the all-new Epson Stylus Pro 3800. Designed from the beginning to exceed all expectations, the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 incorporates an all-new, 17-inch wide printer design, along with a radical new photographic screening technology. And, when combinedwith our breakthrough Epson UltraChrome K3 Ink will deliver your creative vision without compromise.
Epson UltraChrome K3 Ink technology has produced some of the world?s greatest images. Inspired by our past generations of pigmented ink, Epson UltraChrome K3 incorporates a three-level Black, along with new color pigments, to dramatically raise the bar for professional color and blackand- white prints. The standard has been set.
Even more remarkable, our latest high performance, one-inch wide print head now incorporates a new Auto-sharing Black Ink technology, allowing both Photo and Matte Black ink to be installed and switched automatically.
Capable of handling virtually any type of cut-sheet media up to 17 inches wide, the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 incorporates a high-capacity paper feeder that can accommodate sizes from 4x6 up to 17x22. Continuing to set standards in media flexibility, we?ve developed various ways of loading media, including a front-loading, straight-through path capable of handling media up to 1.5 mm thick and even a second, top-loading, single-sheet
feeder optimized for fine art papers.
Imagine producing archival prints with amazing color fidelity, gloss-level and scratch resistance, while providing consistently stable colors that significantly outperform lesser ink technologies. Imagine producing professional neutral and toned black-and-white prints with higher density levels and virtually no metamerism or bronzing.
The Epson Stylus Pro 3800 represents a level of imaging technology unprecedented in Epson?s history. The extreme precision of an Epson Stylus Pro print engine, along with the extraordinary performance of Epson Ultra-Chrome K3 Ink, results in your image being masterfully printed, without any signs of how it was produced. Prepare to be inspired all over again.
8-channel print head with Auto-sharing Black Ink technology
- Innovative, new print head design allows for all nine inks to be installed simultaneously
- Without any user intervention, the printer automatically switches between Photo and Matte Black ink while utilizing the same physical ink channel
New, ultramodern photographic screening technology
- Highly precise screening technology uses a radical new algorithm for determining dot placement, resulting in an extreme level of photographic image quality
- Produces extremely fine, photographic prints, even in bi-directional and lower resolution print modes
- Compensates for various ink densities between resolutions - allowing for a single ICC profile to be used per media type
Advanced MicroPiezo AMC print head technology
- One-inch wide, high performance print head offers a maximum resolution of 2880 x1440 dpi
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times, while optimizing photographic quality
- Proprietary Active Meniscus Control (AMC) technology precisely controls the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it onto the media
- Extremely sharp and accurate placement of ink droplets consistently delivers outstanding photographic print quality from print to print
Automatic print head alignment and cleaning technology
- Built-in sensor reads printed data for highly precise alignment of all color channels both bi-directional and uni-directional
- Built-in sensor analyzes a printed nozzle check pattern and automatically cleans the print head if any problems are found - even partially clogged nozzles
Epson PreciseColor technology
In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Epson Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has enhanced the production process to include colorimetric calibration. This system evaluates and adjusts each printer at the manufacturing stage, assuring you?ll get consistent color output from printer to printer. This completely eliminates the need for built-in calibration devices.
Advanced 8-color, pigment-based ink system
- Unique, high-density pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Professional print permanence ratings for truly sellable quality prints
- Microcrystal Encapsulation Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Superior scratch resistance from improved pigment and resin chemistry
- Stable color immediately after printing - no short-term color shifting
- Black density up to 2.4 with an L* value as low as 3.8
Three-level Black ink technology
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black ink
- Significantly improves the gray balance while eliminating color casts
- Delivers impressive midtones and highlights for a smoother tonal range
- Virtually eliminates the metamerism and bronzing of pigmented ink
- Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync and ICM workflows
Advanced black-and-white printing technology
- Unique driver technology takes full advantage of our three-level Black system to produce professional black-and-white prints from color or grayscale image files
- Includes proprietary Epson screening technology, developed specifically for black-and-white printing
- Produces a truly consistent print with no color crossover or color cast
- Represents the standard for producing sellable quality neutral and toned black-and-white prints
Two Auto-sharing Black Ink modes
The Epson Stylus Pro 3800 automatically utilizes two different Black Ink modes - Photo Black or Matte Black. This innovative solution optimizes the Black ink density for various media types. Whether printing on traditional photographic media or unique, fine art paper, this technology dramatically improves the final print quality.
Exclusive 17-inch wide printer design
- All-new print engine technology that takes full advantage of the latest in precision mechanical design, resulting in a significant reduction in overall printer size and weight
- Incredibly quiet operation, perfectly suited for even home use
- Large, 2.5-inch, backlit LCD control panel for easy, direct printer control and operational status monitoring
Professional media handling
- Prints on virtually any type of cut-sheet media from 4 x 6 up to 17x22
- Top-loading, high-capacity paper feeder handles up to 120 sheets of plain, letter-sized paper or up to 50 sheets of photographic media
- Second, top-loading, manual sheet feeder accommodates thick fine art paper up to 17 inches wide
- Front-loading, straight-through, manual sheet feeder handles media up to 16 inches wide, up to 1.5 mm thick posterboard
- Supports manual printing on both sides of specialty media
- Prints on select BorderFree, cut-sheet media from 4 x 6 up to 17x22
Epson intelligent, high-capacity ink system
- All-new, pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Nine, individual, 80 ml ink cartridges enable truly professional printing
- On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement facilitates increased productivity
- Standard ports include one 10/100Base-T Ethernet and one Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (1.1 and 2.0 compatible)
- Standard Professional Epson Photographic Drivers for Macintosh and Windows
- Optional PANTONE licensed and SWOP certified PostScript Language Level 3 compatible RIP by ColorBurst (included only with Professional Edition bundle)
- Fully supported by most leading, third-party RIPs and workflows - Epson Stylus Pro series printers are used within the most demanding professional photography and graphic design environments
Epson PrintJob information system
- Built-in printer memory automatically tracks key print job statistics, such as ink and media usage, remaining media, data file and user names, print times and more
- Easily download reports from printer memory or print them
World-class service and support
- Free one-year coverage under the Epson PreferredSM Protection Plan limited warranty with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day, full unit exchange service
- Optional one or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans available