Built-In Sensor for Simplified Maintenance
Built-In SelfCalibration Sensor
Automate your calibration with the built-in SelfCalibration sensor that is housed within the monitor's bottom bezel and swings up onto the screen only when calibrating. This sensor eliminates the need for a third-party calibration device and even operates in portrait mode.
Using either the OSD menu or the bundled ColorNavigator software, you can schedule the monitor to self-calibrate at specific times. Even if the monitor is switched off or not connected to a computer, it will stick to its preset schedule and self-calibrate.
Correlation with External Sensors
The monitor can be correlated to the measurement results of an external calibration sensor. After correlating, the built-in sensor will automatically recalibrate to the settings. This is convenient if the monitor is used in a work environment with other monitors and one measurement device must be used as a standard for all calibration.
What?s New with the ColorEdge CG247
Reproduces 99% of the Adobe RGB Color Space
An IPS panel with a wide color gamut reproduces 99% of the Adobe RGB color space so images shot in RAW can be converted to Adobe RGB or images shot in Adobe RGB will be displayed correctly. The colors seen in photos of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests will be reproduced faithfully. The wide color gamut also ensures that the monitor reproduces almost the entire ISO-coated and US web-coated CMYK color spaces used in printing as well as 93% of the DCI used in post production.
Features for Creative Work
Uniformity from Corner to Corner
Fluctuations in brightness and chromaticity on different parts of the screen are a common trait of LCD monitors. To counteract this, the monitor incorporates EIZO?s patented digital uniformity equalizer (DUE) technology to ensure a Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen when the monitor leaves the factory. DUE also counterbalances the influences that a fluctuating ambient temperature may have on color temperature and brightness to ensure stable image display.
Individually Adjusted at the Factory
The gamma level for each ColorEdge monitor is adjusted at the factory. This is accomplished by measuring the R, G, and B gamma values from 0 ? 255, then using the monitor?s 16-bit look-up table (LUT) to select the 256 most appropriate tones to achieve the desired value
Stable Display within Seven Minutes of Startup
From the time it is turned on it typically takes 30 minutes or longer for a monitor?s brightness, chromaticity, and tone characteristics to stabilize. EIZO has shortened this warm-up time by more than 75% to a mere 7 minutes. For confirming your work in a photo studio or taking your monitor with you on location, you can get to work right away.
10-Bit Simultaneous Display
Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display* from a 16-bit look-up table which means it can show more than one billion colors simultaneously. This is 64 times as many colors as you get with 8-bit display which results in even smoother color gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colors.
*A graphics board and software which support 10-bit output are also necessary for 10-bit display.
Simple and Precise Calibration with ColorNavigator
The bundled ColorNavigator software makes calibration both simple and quick. Just input target values for brightness, white point, and gamma. The built-in sensor directly utilizes the monitor's look-up table and creates an ICC profile within minutes. You can always download the latest version of ColorNavigator for free on eizo.com.
Predictable Color with Any Media
With content published on so many different types of printed and digital media it's critical to know how your clients will see color. A ColorEdge monitor and the bundled ColorNavigator software let you do just that as they are designed for both softproofing and digital device emulation. So now you can "predict" how color will appear to your clients whether you produce content for printed media like books and magazines or for digital media devices like tablets, smart phones, and notebook computers.
Unify Color, Centralize Quality Control Management
ColorNavigator NX and ColorNavigator Network allow a single administrator to automate the quality control process of ColorEdge monitors across an entire studio or between multiple locations.
With ColorNavigator NX installed on workstations, an administrator can use ColorNavigator Network software to schedule self-calibration, set the color modes, activate key lock to prevent unintended changes to color settings (CG series), register or adjust asset management settings, and import/export monitor settings.
Worry-Free Web Hosting
ColorNavigator Network is hosted by EIZO on a secure cloud server to free you from the initial investment and running costs of providing your own server.
Comfort and Convenience
DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-D inputs are included for connecting to various types of graphics boards. The HDMI input also offers direct connection with digital cameras. Two USB upstream ports allow two computers to be connected at once so it?s not necessary to reconnect the USB cable when using the ColorNavigator software and switching between the two computers.
Smooth Display of Video
For video editing or post production work, an overdrive circuit is included to reduce gray-to-gray response time to 7.7 ms and ensure that moving images look clean and sharp with a minimum of ghosting.
Adjust the screen to the most comfortable angle for you and reposition it to show your work to a colleague or client. The monitor comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments as well as portrait mode display.
Shading Hood for Portrait and Landscape Modes
Most shading hoods can only be used in landscape mode, but this monitor comes bundled with a unique hood that is designed for portrait mode as well. Now you can keep the glare off your screen no matter which mode you work in
Ideal for Video Editing and Post Production
Excellent Tone Display in the Dark
When viewing the screen from an angle in a dimly lit room, dark tones typically appear washed out due to the display characteristics of LCD backlights. The monitor maintains a high contrast ratio even from an angle which allows the dark tones to retain their depth.
Preset Color Modes
A button on the front of the monitor provides quick access to several broadcast-standard color modes reset color modes: Rec. 709, EBU, SMPTE-C, and DCI. In addition, sRGB and Adobe RGB modes are also available.
Film is usually shot at 24 frames/second and looks unnatural when played back on a typical monitor that displays 60 frames/second. The HDMI input supports a video signal display rate of 1080/24p frames-per-second so you can edit the film as it was meant to be viewed.
3D LUT for Accurate Color Display
A 3D LUT is included which adjusts colors individually on an RGB cubic table. With the bundled ColorNavigator software?s emulation function, the 3D LUT applies a film look to the image so creators can check how it will be seen by their audience. The 3D LUT also improves the monitor's additive color mixture (combination of RGB), which is a key factor in its ability to display neutral gray tones.
LED Buttons and On-Screen Button Guide
For dimly lit work environments like post production studios, the monitor comes with backlit control buttons and an on-screen button guide to indicate what each button is for.
Safe Area Marker
A safe area marker designates the area of the screen that will be displayed when the monitor is connected to a particular device. This allows you to check that subtitles and other text will be visible. This color of the marker is changeable to ensure it remains with any imagery.
Commitment to Quality and the Environment
The monitor is backed by a manufacturer?s 5-year warranty that covers all components including the LCD panel. EIZO can do this because it manufacturers its products at its own factories. This allows EIZO to keep close control over production quality and ensure that its monitors are built to last for 5 years.
Pixel Defect Warranty up to 12 Months
The RGB full pixel failure is zero for up to 12 months after date of purchase based on ISO 9241-307 (pixel failure class I).
Zero Watts When Turned Off
When the monitor is turned off via the power button on its front bezel it consumes no electricity.
- Type - IPS
- Size - 24.1" / 61 cm (611 mm diagonal)
- Native Resolution - 1920 x 1200 (16:10 aspect ratio)
- Viewable Image Size (H x V) - 518.4 x 324 mm
- Pixel Pitch - 0.270 x 0.270 mm
- Grayscale Tones - DisplayPort, HDMI: 1024 tones (a palette of 65281 tones); DVI: 256 tones (a palette of 65281 tones)
- Display Colors - DisplayPort, HDMI: 1.07 billion from a palette of 278 trillion; DVI: 16.77 million from a palette of 278 trillion
- Viewing Angles (H / V, typical) - 178 degrees, 178 degrees
- Brightness (typical) - 350 cd/m2
- Recommended Brightness for Calibration - 120 cd/m2 or less
- Contrast Ratio (typical) - 1000:1
- Response Time (typical) - 7.7 ms (Gray-to-gray)
- Wide Gamut Coverage (typical) - Adobe RGB: 99%, DCI-P3: 95%
- Input Terminals - DVI-D 24 pin (with HDCP), DisplayPort (with HDCP), HDMI (with HDCP, Deep Color)
- Digital Scanning Frequency (H / V) - DisplayPort, DVI: 26 - 78 kHz, 23.75 - 63 Hz (VGA Text: 69 - 71 Hz); HDMI: 15 - 78 kHz, 23.75 - 61 Hz (VGA Text: 69 - 71 Hz)
- Function - 2 ports for monitor control; 2-port USB hub
- Standard - USB 2.0
- Power Requirements - AC 100 - 120 V / 200 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption - 83 W
- Typical Power Consumption - 33 W
- Power Save Mode - Less than 0.7 W
- Standby Mode - Less than 0.5 W
- Power Management - Power Save (DisplayPort Version 1.1a, and DVI DMPM)
Features & Functions
- Self-Calibration - Yes
- Brightness Stabilization - Yes
- Digital Uniformity Equalizer - Yes
- Preset Modes - Color Mode (Custom, Adobe RGB, sRGB, Rec709, EBU, SMPTE-C, DCI, Calibration)
- OSD Languages - English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Others - Screen Size (full screen, enlarge, normal), Color Adjustment (Brightness, Contrast, Black Level, Independent 6-Color Control, Gamma, Temperature, Saturation, Hue, Gain, Reset), HDMI Settings (Noise Reduction, Film Detection, Safe Area Marker, Safe Area Size, Border Color), Range Extension, Signal Switching, OSD Menu Settings, Overdrive, Input Skip, Mode Skip, USB Selection, Signal Info, Monitor Info, DUE Priority, Key Lock, Signal Bandwidth, Power Indicator, All Reset
- Dimensions (Landscape, W x H x D) - 575 x 417 - 545 x 245.5 mm
- Dimensions (Portrait, W x H x D) - 398 x 594.5 - 642.5 x 245.5 mm
- Dimensions (Without Stand, W x H x D) - 575 x 398 x 75 mm
- Net Weight - 9.1 kg / 20.1 lbs
- Dimensions (Landscape with Hood, W x H x D) - 582.5 x 425 - 553 x 369 mm
- Dimensions (Portrait with Hood, W x H x D) - 406 x 602.5 - 650.5 x 369 mm
- Net Weight (Without Stand) - 6.5 kg / 14.3 lbs
- Net Weight (With Hood) - 9.9 kg / 21.8 lbs
- Height Adjustment Range - 128 mm
- Tilt - 30 degrees Up, 0 degrees Down
- Swivel - 344 degrees
- Pivot - 90 degrees
- Hole Spacing (VESA Standard) - 100 x 100 mm
- Operating Temperature - 0 - 35 degrees C
- Operating Humidity (R.H., non condensing) - 20 - 80 %
- Cabinet Color - Black
- Certifications & Standards (Please contact the EIZO group company or distributor in your country for the latest information.) - CE, TUV/GS, cTUVus, FCC-B, Canadian ICES-003-B, VCCI-B, TUV/Ergonomics (including ISO 9241-307 [Pixel fault class I]), c-Tick, RoHS, WEEE, GOST-R
- Supplied Accessories - AC power cord, signal cables (DVI-D - DVI-D, Mini DisplayPort - DisplayPort), USB cable, setup guide, EIZO LCD Utility Disk (ColorNavigator software, PDF user's manual), adjustment certificate, ScreenCleaner, monitor hood, quick reference, warranty card
- Warranty - Five Years