The color-accurate sRGB Monitor that'll make you feel like a pro
Stable Image Display Free from Environmental Influence
EIZO-Developed ASIC at the Core
All ColorEdge models come with an ASIC (application specific integrated circuit) developed by EIZO to meet the needs of the graphics market. The ASIC has its own algorithms used in high-precision color processing to produce smooth color tones.
Brightness and Color Uniformity with DUE
Fluctuations in brightness and chromaticity on different parts of the screen are a common trait of LCD monitors. To counteract this, the monitor incorporates EIZO's patented digital uniformity equalizer (DUE) technology.
Predictable Color You Can Depend on
Individually Adjusted at the Factory
The gamma level for each ColorEdge monitor is adjusted at the factory. This is accomplished by measuring the R, G, and B gamma values from 0 ? 255, then using the monitor?s 16-bit look-up table (LUT) to select the 256 most appropriate tones to achieve the desired value.
10-Bit Simultaneous Display
Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display* from a 16-bit look-up table which means it can show more than one billion colors simultaneously. This is 64 times as many colors as you get with 8-bit display which results in even smoother color gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colors.
*A graphics board and software which support 10-bit output are also necessary for 10-bit display.
Comfort and Convenience
DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-I inputs are included for connecting to various types of graphics boards, The HDMI input also offers direct connection with digital cameras. Two USB upstream ports allow two computers to be connected at once so it?s not necessary to reconnect the USB cable when using the ColorNavigator software and switching between the two computers.
Smooth Display of Video
For video editing or post production work, an overdrive circuit is included to reduce gray-to-gray response time to ensure that moving images look clean and sharp with a minimum of ghosting.
Adjust the screen to the most comfortable angle for you and reposition it to show your work to a colleague or client. The monitor comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments as well as portrait mode display.
Preset Modes for Optimum Viewing
6 preset modes are included: Paper, sRGB, Calibration, and three user- adjustable modes. With the bundled ScreenManager for Pro (compatible with Windows OS only), you can assign a mode to an application so that mode will automatically be come active when you call up an application.
Optional Shading Hood for Portrait and Landscape Modes
Most shading hoods can only be used in landscape mode, but a unique hood that is designed for portrait mode as well is available as an option.
Commitment to Quality and the Environment
The monitor is backed by a manufacturer?s 5-year warranty that covers all components including the LCD panel. EIZO can do this because it manufacturers its products at its own factories. This allows EIZO to keep close control over production quality and ensure that its monitors are built to last for 5 years.
Mercury-Free LED Backlight
The LED backlight used with the LCD panel contains no mercury so it will have minimal environmental impact when it is eventually disposed of.
Zero Watts When Turned Off
When the monitor is turned off via the power button on its front bezel it consumes no electricity.
- Type - IPS
- Size - 23" / 58 cm (584 mm diagonal)
- Native Resolution - 1920 x 1080 (16:9 aspect ratio)
- Viewable Image Size (H x V) - 509.2 x 286.4 mm
- Pixel Pitch - 0.2652 x 0.2652 mm
- Grayscale Tones - DisplayPort: 1024 tones (a palette of 65281 tones); DVI, HDMI: 256 tones (a palette of 65281 tones)
- Display Colors - DisplayPort: 1.07 billion from a palette of 278 trillion; DVI, HDMI: 16.77 million from a palette of 278 trillion
- Viewing Angles (H / V, typical) - 178 degrees, 178 degrees
- Brightness (typical) - 300 cd/m2
- Recommended Brightness for Calibration - 120 cd/m2 or less
- Contrast Ratio (typical) - 1000:1
- Response Time (typical) - 10.5 ms (Gray-to-gray)
- Input Terminals - DVI-I 29 pin (with HDCP), DisplayPort (with HDCP), HDMI (with HDCP)
- Digital Scanning Frequency (H / V) - DisplayPort, DVI: 26 - 68 kHz, 23.75 - 63 Hz (VGA Text: 69 - 71 Hz); HDMI: 15 - 68 kHz, 23.75 - 61 Hz
- Analog Scanning Frequency (H / V) - 26 - 68 kHz, 47.5 - 61 Hz
- Function - 2 ports for monitor control; 2-port USB hub
- Standard - USB 2.0
- Power Requirements - AC 100 - 120 V / 200 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption - 54 W
- Typical Power Consumption - 21 W
- Power Save Mode - Less than 0.5 W
- Standby Mode - Less than 0.5 W
- Power Management - Power Save (VESA DPM, DisplayPort Version 1.1a, and DVI DMPM)
Features & Functions
- Self-Correction - Yes
- Brightness Stabilization - Yes
- Digital Uniformity Equalizer - Yes
- Preset Modes - Color Mode (User1, User2, User3, Paper, sRGB, Calibration)
- Auto EcoView / BrightRegulator - Yes
- OSD Languages - English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Others - Screen Adjustment (Clock, Phase, Position, Resolution, Range (Auto)), Screen Size (full screen, enlarge, normal), Color Adjustment (Brightness, Contrast, Black Level, Independent 6-Color Control, Gamma, Temperature, Saturation, Hue, Gain, Enhancer, Reset), HDMI Settings (Noise Reduction), Range Extension, Signal Switching, OSD Menu Settings, Overdrive, Mode Preset, USB Selection, Signal Info, Monitor Info, DUE Priority, Key Lock, Signal Bandwidth, Power Indicator, All Reset
- Dimensions (Landscape, W x H x D) - 544 x 372.5 - 526.5 x 245.5 mm
- Dimensions (Portrait, W x H x D) - 353 x 563.5 - 627 x 245.5 mm
- Dimensions (Without Stand, W x H x D) - 544 x 353 x 75 mm
- Net Weight - 7.5 kg / 16.5 lbs
- Net Weight (Without Stand) - 4.8 kg / 10.6 lbs
- Height Adjustment Range - 154 mm
- Tilt - 30 degrees Up, 0 degrees Down
- Swivel - 344 degrees
- Pivot - 90 degrees
- Hole Spacing (VESA Standard) - 100 x 100 mm
- Operating Temperature - 0 - 35 degrees C
- Operating Humidity (R.H., non condensing) -20 - 80 %
- Model Variations - CS230: Monitor only (ColorNavigator not included)
- Cabinet Color - Black
- Certifications & Standards (Please contact the EIZO group company or distributor in your country for the latest information.) - CUDO certified mark, TCO Certified Displays 6.0, TUV/S, TUV/Ergonomics (including ISO 9241-307 [Pixel fault class I]), TUV/GS, cTUVus, CE, c-Tick, CB, VCCI-B, FCC-B, Canadian ICES-003-B, RoHS, WEEE, GOST-R
- Supplied Accessories - AC power cord, signal cables (DVI-D - DVI-D), USB cable, setup guide, EIZO LCD Utility Disk (PDF user's manual), warranty card
- Warranty - Five Years