Monitor Your Activity Between Runs
Want to track the steps you take throughout your day when you're not working out? Now you can, without wearing a separate activity tracking device. Forerunner 15 counts your steps and the calories you burn all day. When you upload your data to Garmin Connect, this allows you to monitor your progress toward fitness goals and see overall fitness trends. Forerunner 15 also reminds you when it's time to move if you've been sitting for more than an hour. When you get that cue to move, just walk for a couple of minutes to reset the inactivity indicator.
Motivation by the Mile
Forerunner 15 has an auto lap function that automatically alerts you when you complete each mile, giving you a friendly beep and a backlit screen that flashes your time for that mile. When you complete your run and save it, you'll see a summary of how you did, including your total time, distance, average pace and calories. Forerunner 15 even lets you know when you achieve a personal record, like your fastest mile or longest run to date.
Train Indoors or Out
For outdoor runs, Forerunner 15 uses GPS to accurately record your time, pace and distance. To track distance and pace when you hit the treadmill or an indoor track, just pair Forerunner 15 with an optional foot pod, which attaches to the laces of your shoe.
Wear it All Day
You won't have to worry about charging Forerunner every night. The rechargeable battery will last up to 5 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or 8 hours when using it with GPS on your outdoor runs. Forerunner 15 has a water rating of 5 ATM (50 meters), which means it resists rain and sweat and can even join you for a swim.
With a simple connection to your Mac or PC, you can upload your activities to our free online fitness community, Garmin Connect. Here, you can see your run on a map, get more detail on each mile, see a daily summary of your activities and share with friends. You can also join online challenges and earn virtual badges for extra motivation.
Physical & Performance
- Physical Dimensions - Large: 1.79" x 2.25" x 0.62" (4.6 cm x 5.7 cm x 1.6 cm)
- Display Size, WxH - Large: 0.98" x 0.94" (2.5 cm x 2.4 cm)
- Display Resolution, WxH - 55 x 32 pixels
- Touchscreen - No
- Weight - Large: 43 g (1.5 oz)
- Battery - Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life - 5 weeks in watch mode; 8 hours in training mode
- Water Rating - 5 ATM
- GPS-Enabled - Yes
- High-Sensitivity Receiver - Yes
Maps & Memory
- Basemap - No
- Ability to Add Maps - No
- Accepts Data Cards - No
- History - 7 activities
- Waypoints/Favorites/Locations - 0
- Routes - 0
Features & Benefits
- Heart Rate Monitor - Yes (Some versions)
- Bike Speed/Cadence Sensor - No
- Foot Pod - Yes (optional)
- Automatic Sync - Yes
- Garmin Connect Compatible - Yes
- Virtual Partner - No
- Virtual Race - No
- Courses - No
- Auto Pause - Yes
- Auto Lap - Yes
- Auto Scroll - No
- Multi-Sport - No
- Advanced Workouts - No
- Pace Alert - No
- Time/Distance Alert - No
- Vibration Alert - No
- Interval Training - No
- Heart Rate-Based Calorie Computation - Yes
- Training Effect - No
- Customizable Screen(s) - Yes
- Barometric Altimeter - No
- Unit-to-Unit Transfer - No
- Power Meter Compatible - No
- Temperature - No
- Sport Watch - Yes
- Virtual Pacer - Yes
- Personal Records - yes
- Run/Walk Feature - yes
- This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows XP or newer and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Complete 2 tasks with 1 cable using our charging/data clip. Connect the cable to your computer's USB port to recharge your Forerunner and to transfer data to and from your computer. This cable also pairs with an optional AC adapter (sold separately).