Backwoods, boundary waters, blue highways, the GPSMAP 60 is your trusted guide to the great outdoors. The GPSMAP 60 is packed with several of the features found in the 60 series color units, but sport an affordable, high-resolution, monochrome display for outdoor enthusiasts on a budget.
The rugged, waterproof GPSMAP 60 is the perfect, low-cost, navigator for wherever your spirit of adventure takes you: Like the other products in the 60 series, this trusty handheld is compact and lightweight, with a user-friendly interface. It's reliable, and extra-precise as WAAS can make it. Special geocaching and geolocation gaming modes provide entertainment, as well as trailblazing navigation capability. The unit also includes an alarm clock, sunrise/sunset and moon phase tables, optimal hunting and fishing times, plus much more.
Fully compatible with the entire line of MapSource products (see product compatibility table), the GPSMAP 60 makes it easy to navigate the great outdoors.
- Sunlight-readable, four-level grayscale transflective FSTN display (1.5" W x 2.2" H; 2.6" diagonally)(160 x 240 pixels)
- Faster processor, with auto routing, turn-by-turn directions, and audio alerts along city streets or trails when using MapSource City Select or 24K Topo software (optional software)
- 24 MB of internal memory for storing map detail
- Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required
- Each day?s best hunting and fishing times, along with sunrise/sunset times on the integrated Outdoor Calendar
- Special geocaching navigation mode
- Geolocation games, such as Virtual Maze, Nibbons, Geko, Smak, and Memory Race
- Fast map transfer, with support for both USB and serial port interfaces; navigation instructions can be shared with repeaters, plotters, and autopilots using NMEA protocols through the dedicated serial port
- Detailed basemap with general map data, including highways, major roads, river, lakes, and borders
- Dedicated "mark", "page", "enter", "quit", "menu", "find",and "zoom out/in" buttons; four-position rocker pad
- 2.4" x 6.1" x 1.3" (W x H x D) unit dimensions
- Weighs 5.4 ounces (without batteries), 7.5 ounces (with batteries)
- WAAS GPS receiver with accuracy to 10 feet in North America; built-in quad-helix antenna for better satellite reception
- 28 hours of battery life under typical-use conditions (uses two "AA" batteries)
- Multi-platform navigation for easy navigation in a car or boat, or on foot
- Accepts data from MapSource products (City Select for driving, U.S. Topo and 24K Topo for hiking, Recreation Lakes for freshwater, and BlueChart for saltwater applications)
- Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (can be submerged in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- 50 reversible routes, 10,000 track points with tracBack technology (navigate to any track point on the displayed map), and 500 waypoints with additional graphical icons for location identification
- Proximity alerts for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint; built-in alarm clock
- User-configurable track-line color, waypoint projection, display color scheme, large-numbers option, audio tones, and pages (turn on/off main pages or change the sequence in which they appear)
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more