Garmin International has announced that nuMaps Guarantee is now available. This program allows a customer who purchases a new nuvi or zumo GPS device to update the unit map free of charge if both of the following conditions exist:
1. The customer registers the new unit here within 60 days of the unit's first use. This affordable GPS navigator has a wide, 4.3" touchscreen for a crisp, high resolution picture. nuvi 265WT integrates Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling and lifetime traffic alerts for avoiding traffic delays and road construction. Take advantage of Garmin's first premium traffic service without subscription fees.
2. A newer map becomes available within 60 days after the unit has been activated.
Bluetooth wireless technology enables users to make hands-free calling with nuvi's built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through n?vi while staying focused on the road. Simply dial numbers with n?vi's touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer calls, just tap the screen and speak into its built-in microphone.
Steer clear of traffic with nuvi?s integrated FM traffic receiver. Receive alerts about traffic delays and road construction that lie ahead on your route. Next, simply touch nuvi's screen to view traffic details or detour around the problem area. Traffic service includes a lifetime premium subscription in North America for the life of the product or as long as Garmin receives traffic data from its traffic supplier. Traffic services available only in select cities where coverage exists. Please visit www.garmin.com/traffic/fm for coverage and for program License Agreement containing complete terms and conditions.
The n?vi 265WT offers full coverage mapping for the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The preloaded map data features nearly six million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and attractions. The map data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping.
Product Features and Specifications
- Bluetooth wireless technology: enabling hands-free connectivity to mobile phones
- Receive alerts about traffic delays and road construction that lie ahead on your route with the included FM traffic receiver. Traffic service provided by NAVTEQ.
- HotFix - nuvi will decrease satellite acquisition times by recording ephemeris data, then predicting satellite location for the areas and times recorded for up to three days
- Garmin Connect Photos - associate your favorite images with saved locations and visit Garmin connect at https://connect.garmin.com to download new images with included coordinates
- DEM maps show you shaded terrain contours at zoom levels of five miles and above
- "Where Am I?" feature - find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address and intersection. Also see your exact latitude and longitude coordinates
- Auto time zone: nuvi will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
- Sleek, ultra-slim design fits easily in pocket
- Easy-to-use, touchscreen interface
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance - "Turn right on Main Street"
- Bright 3.5" diagonal color display; 320 x 240 pixels; QVGA TFT display with white backlight
- Preloaded street maps - nuvi 265WT includes detailed maps for North America
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for improved performance and reception
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
- SD memory card expansion slot
- Includes Garmin Lock anti-theft feature
- Configurable vehicle icons ? allows users to select a fun, customized car-shaped icon; users can download additional choices from www.garmingarage.com
- Offers a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
- Unit dimensions: 4.8"W x 2.8"H x 0.8"D
- Weight: 6.1 ounces
- Built-in lithium-ion battery - lasts up to four hours depending on usage
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, similar to a digital camera, using USB mass storage with access to either the MicroSD card slot or to the unit?s internal memory directly from your PC desktop.
- With the POI loader program, users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, create custom POIs and more.