This is a refurbished item; it has been professionally repaired by Garmin to work like new.
Garmin International has announced that nuMaps Guarantee is now available. This program allows a customer who purchases a new nuvi or zumo GPS device to update the unit map free of charge if both of the following conditions exist:
1. The customer registers the new unit here within 60 days of the unit's first use.
2. A newer map becomes available within 60 days after the unit has been activated.
The nuvi 350 is a portable GPS navigator, traveler's reference, and digital entertainment system all in one. Combined with detailed pre-loaded City Navigator NT maps of the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The nuvi provides automatic routing, turn-by-turn voice directions, and finger-touchscreen control-making it easy to find your way anywhere. The nuvi 350 offers unique "text-to-speech" interface, allowing users the spoken pronunciation of each entry in the word bank-along with gender and part-of-speech information. Plus, it's compatible with the GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver, which allows users to avoid traffic tie-ups by simply pushing a button that will calculate a new route. The nuvi 350 also comes with an A/C charger and approximately 700 MBs of internal memory for storage of supplemental maps, MP3s, and audio books (available from Audible.com).
The nuvi also offers a travel kit of useful travel tools to help keep any journey fun: MP3 player, audio book player from Audible.com, JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, and calculator. In addition, optional software packages such as the Language Guide and Travel Guide (sold separately on SD Data cards) can be added for language and content support.
Language Guide software (optional)
Users can access an optional Garmin Language Guide, with data provided by Oxford University Press. This software suite contains a multilingual word bank, phrase bank, and five bilingual dictionaries. The multilingual word bank and phrase bank supports nine languages and dialects, including American English, British English, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, European Spanish, and Latin American Spanish. The Language Guide lets travelers look up and translate more than 17,000 words or 20,000 phrases per language. Through the unit's text-to-speech interface (offered only on the nuvi 350) , users can get a spoken pronunciation of each entry in the word bank-along with gender and part-of-speech information.
Travel Guide software (optional)
The new Garmin Travel Guide is loaded with information provided by Marco Polo. These guides put in-depth travel information-such as reviews and recommendations for restaurants, tourist attractions, and more-at the user's fingertips.
Travelers can use the nuvi to navigate to an address or search points of interest (POIs)-places like hotels, restaurants, shopping, and tourist attractions. The nuvi automatically calculates the fastest route and provides voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions along the way. Thanks to the nuvi's text-to-speech functionality, the unit audibly announces the name of upcoming streets-letting drivers keep their eyes on the road while navigating through busy traffic and tricky roadways. If users stray off course, the nuvi automatically calculates the quickest way to get back on track.
- High-sensitivity integrated GPS receiver by SiRF
- WAAS enabled; flip-up antenna-includes MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Preloaded with City Navigator NT v.8-includes detailed maps of U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico (no downloading required)
- Travel Kit includes Language Guide, MP3 player, audible book player, picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters, and calculator
- SD memory card expansion slot
- Powerful built-in speaker
- Traffic alerts with optional GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver*
- Text-to-Speech - unit prompts you to "Turn right on Main St" instead of "Turn right in 500 feet"
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Offers a three dimensional mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
- Display: 2.8" W x 2.1" H (3.5" diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; bright, TFT display, 64K colors, with white backlight and touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 3.87" W x 2.91" H x 0.87" D (98.3 mm x 73.9 mm x 22.1 mm) - fits easily in a pocket or purse
- Weight: 5.1 ounces (144.6 grams)
- Built-in lithium ion battery
- Between 4-8 hours of battery life, depending on use
- Includes 12-volt power adapter cable for external power while in your vehicle
- Includes suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, similar to a digital camera, using USB Mass Storage with access to either the SD card slot or to the unit's internal memory directly from your PC desktop.
- With the POI loader program (available for free from www.garmin.com), users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, and more.
*Traffic services available only in select cities where RDS-TMC coverage exists. Requires the GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver and subscription fee to enable traffic capability.