Providing a complete navigation solution - nuvi delivers you safely wherever life takes you. Designed to make navigation easy, simply enter an address and premium features including lane assist with junction view, help you make all the right turns! With three different display options available, the nuvi is a great gift idea, whether it's an extra Garmin for another car, a college student, or anyone who could use a little help with directions.
Product Features and Specifications
- Slim design fits easily in pocket
- Easy-to-use, touchscreen interface - 4.3" or 5" diagonal color display
- Lane assist with junction view - navigate with confidence while nuvi directs you to the preferred lane; also view images of upcoming junctions
- Voice prompted turn-by-turn directions that speak street names to your destination - "Turn right on Main Street"
- Speed limit indicator ? unit displays speed limits for most major roads
- Configurable vehicle icons - allows users to select fun, customized car-shaped icons; download additional choices from Garmin's website
- "Where Am I?" feature - find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersection and coordinates
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- microSD memory card expansion slot
- Unit dimensions: nuvi 40: 4.9"W x 3.1"H x 0.7"D (12.4 x 7.9 x 1.8 cm); Weight: 5.2 ounces (148.0 g)
- Built-in lithium-ion battery
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, using USB mass storage, access either the microSD card slot or the unit's internal memory directly from your PC desktop
- The map data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping
- US - Includes preloaded street maps for the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barth?lemy, and Jamaica.
- US + Canada ? Includes preloaded street maps for the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthelemy, and Jamaica.