Garmin International has announced that nuMaps Guarantee is now available. This program allows a customer who purchases a new nuvi or zumo GPS device to update the unit map free of charge if both of the following conditions exist:
1. The customer registers the new unit here within 60 days of the unit's first use.
2. A newer map becomes available within 60 days after the unit has been activated.
The nuvi 5000 GPS navigator and personal travel assistant is designed specifically for those seeking premium navigation features on a large, 5.2-inch display. With its large, touchscreen interface, nuvi 5000 makes it easier than ever to obtain voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions, route calculation, and automatic rerouting if a motorist strays off course. Route planning is a cinch as the nuvi 5000 will save 10 routes, specify via points and preview simulated turns on the big screen. Additionally, it automatically sorts multiple destinations providing the driver with the most direct and efficient route for errands, deliveries or sales calls. Drivers who want to keep track of where they have been can turn on the track log feature and see an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows their previously traveled route on the display. If a driver wants to avoid an area, nuvi's routing can be customized by choosing to avoid select roads and areas.
The nuvi 5000 comes preloaded with highly detailed City Navigator NT road maps for the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The preloaded map data features over six million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and attractions. The map data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping.
Product Features and Specifications
- Sleek, ultra-slim design
- Easy-to-use, touchscreen interface
- Bright, sunlight readable 5.2" diagonal color display; 800 x 480 pixels; WVGA display with auto-dimming backlight
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for improved performance and reception
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT
- Offers a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or 2D overhead view
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance: text-to-speech feature prompts you to "Turn right on Main St" instead of "Turn right in 500 feet"
- Route planning with up to 10 saved routes: can automatically arrange destinations to minimize trip distance
- Watch your favorite movie or connect a back-up camera to your nuvi (accepts composite video input using the optional accessory cable)
- Integrated FM wireless transmitter sends audio through your vehicle stereo
- Includes features such as MP3 player with playlist support, games, audio book player and picture viewer
- Digital elevation maps show you shaded terrain contours at specific zoom levels
- Speed limit indicator: unit displays speed limits for highways and interstates
- Look up addresses or POIs with Garmin's new Qwerty or ABC keyboard
- Trip log provides an electronic breadcrumb trail of up to 10,000 points to view your travel history
- "Where Am I?" feature: find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address and intersection. Also see your exact latitude and longitude coordinates
- Take advantage of nuvi's large display by playing one of the preloaded games
- Using the optional MSN Direct receiver, users can access premium content such as traffic updates, weather, gas prices, enhanced movie listings, stock info, news, local events and send to GPS feature for trip planning
- My Data allows users to change home location, delete favorites, delete routes, import GPX routes and clear trip log
- Send favorite locations to your nuvi using a PC browser (Web drop)
- Includes Garmin Lock anti-theft feature
- Configurable vehicle icons: users can download additional choices from https://www.garmin.com/vehicles/
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- With the POI loader program, users can set up proximity alerts for school zones and safety cameras, create custom POIs and more
- Standard headphone jack
- SD memory card expansion slot
- Unit dimensions: 5.7"W x 3.7"H x 0.8"D
- Weight: 9.3 ounces
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and single-handed release
- Supports USB mass storage for simple computer connectivity