Answer the call of the wild with Rino 530. This waterproof FRS/GMRS radio plus GPS navigator packs a powerful 5 watts of transmit power along with a brilliant color display, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, barometric altimeter, electronic compass and built-in NOAA weather radio.
Rino 530 boasts a whopping 5 watts of transmit power (GMRS), so you can now call for help from up to 14 miles away (line of sight). In Canada, you can transmit at 2 watts over GMRS with a range of up to 8 miles.
Keep Your Eye on the Weather
To help you keep tabs on changing weather conditions, Rino 530 has a built-in weather radio that scans for the nearest NOAA weather radio station. You can also set up a weather alert tone, so when your radio is on, it will alert you when a storm warning is being broadcast for your area.
Other Rino 530 features:
- Barometric altimeter pinpoints your precise elevation.
- Electronic compass tells you what direction you're headed, even when you're standing still.
- Bold color TFT display makes it easy to see and navigate to family or friends at an amusement park, lake or other outdoor group activity.
- Automatic routing and turn-by-turn directions with alert tones let you find an address or point of interest and drive there (when combined with Garmin's optional MapSource software).
- Fast USB computer connection and 56 megabytes (MB) of internal memory for rapid download and extra map storage.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 16 hours of outdoor use.
Find Your Friends
Like the rest of the Rino series, Rino 530 offers a Position Reporting feature so you can send your exact location to other Rino users in your group so they can see your position on the map page. And, because Rino is a standard FRS/GMRS radio, you can use it to communicate with any other conventional FRS/GMRS radios around.
Add More Detail
Rino 530 can save up to 500 of your favorite places in memory as waypoints so you can visit them later. The 530 also has a built-in Americas highway basemap and 56 MB of internal memory so you can load additional detailed maps from optional MapSource products.
Product Features and Specifications:
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled, GPS receiver
- Built-in quad helix receiving antenna
- Built-in basemap with automatic routing capabilities
- MicroSD card slot for optional Garmin map data
- Fully compatible with MapSource products like U.S. TOPO 24K, City Navigator and BlueChart
- Transmit power using FRS frequency is 0.5 watt (up to 2 mile range)
- Transmit power using GMRS frequency is 5 watts (up to 14 mile range)
- Channels: 7 FRS, 15 GMRS, and 8 GMRS repeater
- Sends and receives GPS location information from other Rino users using FRS/GMRS channels and shows them on the map
- 38 sub-audible squelch codes per transmission channel for semi-private radio communications
- 10 call and ring tones, 4 roger tones
- Vibration mode for silent call alert
- Send & receive short text notes
- External voice activation (VOX)
- Receives on 7 NOAA weather channels and detects weather alert tones External temperature reporting
- Electronic compass displays accurate heading while standing still
- Barometric sensor with automatic pressure trend recording
- Water resistant, IEC-60529, IPX7 (Submersible 1 meter at 30 minutes)
- 1000 autoroute waypoints, 500 with name, graphic symbol and notes; 50 reversible routes
- 10,000 point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks (500 points each) let you retrace your path in both directions
- Keep track of up to 50 Rino contacts
- TracBack feature lets you retrace the path of up to 20 contacts
- Quick View feature lets you quickly center all contact locations on the map
- Proximity alarm can alert you if a contact moves out of a specified distance radius or if you are within a specified distance of a waypoint
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed and more
- Elevation computer provides current elevation, ascent/descent rate, minimum and maximum elevation, total ascent and
descent, average and maximum ascent and descent rate
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS and user grid
- Built-in celestial tables for best times to fish and hunt, plus sun and moon calculations
- Other features: alarm, calculator, calendar, clock, lap timer, stopwatch, games
Physical & Performance:
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD: ||2.3" x 5.1" x 1.8", 7.5" high with antenna (5.8 x 13.0 x 4.6 cm, 19 cm with antenna) |
|Display size, WxH: ||1.3" x 1.7" (3.3 x 4.3 cm) |
|Display resolution, WxH: ||176 x 220 pixels |
|Display type: ||256 level color TFT |
|Weight: ||10.3 oz (292 g ) with battery pack |
|Battery: ||removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack |
|Battery life: ||16 hours |
|Waterproof: ||yes (IPX7) |
|High-sensitivity receiver: ||no |
|PC interface: ||USB |
Maps & Memory:
|Basemap: ||yes |
|Ability to add maps: ||yes |
|Built-in memory: ||56 MB |
|Accepts data cards: ||no |
|Waypoints: ||500 |
|Routes: ||50 |
|Track log: ||10,000 points, 20 saved tracks |
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): ||yes |
|Electronic compass: ||yes |
|Barometric altimeter: ||yes |
|Hunt/fish calendar: ||yes |
|Sun and moon information: ||yes |
|Area calculation: ||yes |
|Frequency band: ||FRS and GMRS |
|Channels: ||22 |
|Squelch codes: ||38 |
|Transmit power: ||0.5 watts FRS, 2.0 watts GMRS (Canada), 5.0 watts, GMRS (US) |
|Range: ||Up to 2 miles over FRS; up to 14 miles over GMRS |
|VOX (voice activation): ||yes |
|Location reporting (send and receive GPS positions): ||yes |
|Voice scrambler: ||yes |
|Vibration alert: ||yes |
|NOAA weather radio: ||yes |
|External temperature recording: ||yes|