WinTV-HVR-1800 brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV and analog cable TV to your PC. Watch and record TV in a window or full screen using high quality MPEG-2.
Dual tuner PCI Express NTSC/ATSC/QAM TV tuner board for Windows Vista. Watch and record analog cable TV plus hi-definition ATSC or clear QAM digital TV on your PC!
- Dual tuner TV board for your PC: one analog TV tuner and one digital TV tuner
- Single slot PCI Express (PCIe) X1 board, full height
- Built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder for recording analog cable TV, for the best system performance
- Watch and record all ATSC formats, including the highest definition 1080i format
- Supports clear QAM digital cable TV channels with WinTV v7 or Windows Media Center from Windows
- Watch and record ATSC high definition digital TV or analog cable TV on your PC, in a window or full screen! ATSC HD is the over-the-air high definition TV standard for North America.
- Watch and record 'clear QAM' digital TV channels. Clear QAM digital TV channels are TV channels which are broadcast "in the clear" on your cable TV network.
- Two tuners on board: a 125 channel cable ready TV tuner and an ATSC/QAM digital TV tuner.
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV v7 application, which allows you to toggle between analog cable TV, QAM and ATSC digital TV channels.
ATSC Digital TV features
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuner built-in. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the high definition 1080i format!
- Supports Dolby Digital AC3 audio
- Record ATSC digital TV to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 GB of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
Analog TV features
- Built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoder, so your PC continues to run at full speed while watching, pausing and recording analog cable TV
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
Digital QAM features
If you are using digital cable which broadcast the local ATSC channels, you can receive these QAM channels with WinTV v6 or v7 or Windows Media Center in Windows 7.
Note: not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM cable TV channels.