HD PVR is the world's first High-Definition video recorder for making real-time H.264 compressed recordings at resolutions up to 1080i. HD-PVR records component video (YCrCb) from cable TV and satellite set top boxes, with a built-in IR blaster to automatically change TV channels for scheduled recordings. Audio is recorded using AAC or Dolby Digital.
The recording format is AVCHD, which can be used to burn Blu-ray DVD disks. Two hours of HD recordings, recorded at 5 Mbits/sec, can be burnt onto a standard 4.7 GByte DVD-R or DVD-RW disk for playback on a Blu-ray DVD player.
The HD PVRs amazing recording quality allows personal archival of your favorite high definition TV programs from any component video HD set top box. The HD PVR also has standard definition composite and S-Video inputs so you can record your old home video tapes into an AVCHD format for creating Blu-ray DVD recordings.
- Built-in hardware H.264 high definition encoder, for high performance, high quality TV recordings
- Component video input from most high definition cable TV and satellite TV receivers. Optical or stereo audio inputs.
- Record high definition video at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or VGA/D1
- Record at datarates from 1Mbs to 13.5Mbs, constant and Variable Bit Rate
- Make Blu-ray format AVCHD recordings, so you can burn your TV recordings onto a standard DVD disk (up to 2 hours of video at 5MBits/sec) and playback on Blu-ray DVD players
- Includes HD software video player, so you can playback recordings to your PC screen
- Audio / Video component video loop through to allow HD recording and viewing at the same time
- High Performance Noise Reduction Function
- NTSC,PAL and SECAM Support
- IR receiver for remote control
- IR Blaster to change the TV channels in your set top box
There are three H.264 formats you can choose when recording a video:
- .TS, which is a generic 'transport stream' compatible with many digital media players
- .M2TS, which is compatible with the Sony Playstation3
- .MP4, which is compatible with the XBox360
The .TS and .M2TS files are AVCHD compatible, and can be used to burn Blu-ray compatible disk recordings. These files can be burned onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk for playback in a Blu-ray disk player using the included Arcsoft TME Disk Create application. Approximately 2 hours of HD TV recorded at 5Mbits/sec can be put onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk.
The included TME Media Converter program may also be used to convert the .TS file to other formats compatible for playback on an iPhone and Ipod.
- H.264 AVCHD video encoder
- AC-3 audio encoding
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec (user selectable)
- Recording format: up to 1080i from component video (YCrCb)
- Note: the video input format determines the recorded format. For example, 1080i input records at 1080i, 720P records at 720P, etc.. Any other format conversions needs to be done with the MediaConvert program (supplied).
- 19.8cm wide x 17.3 cm deep x 7 cm high
- Processor Requirements (minimum): Dual core CPU
- Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater) (Note: the playback of high definition H.264 requires a fast CPU and at least 256MB of graphics memory)
- Sound card
Included with the HD PVR
- HD PVR high definition personal video recorder, USB
- Remote Control Including batteries
- IR Blaster transmitter cable
- Component video cable set
- Audio cable set
- USB cable
- 5v power supply
Bundled software applications
- Arcsoft 'TotalMediaExtreme' for video capture, preview, playback, and authoring and burning your TV recordings onto a Blu-ray DVD compatible disc
- Arcsoft 'TotalMedia Theater', a video player so you can play back your TV recordings to your PC screen
- Arcsoft 'MediaConverter' , to convert your H.264 HD recordings onto other formats
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV scheduler for scheduled TV recordings
Input and outputs
- Component video input and loop through output
- Optical audio Input and loop through output
- Left/ Right RCA audio input and loop through output
- Composite video and S-Video inputs (on front panel)
- Left/right audio input (on front panel)
- IR Blaster output
- USB2.0 High speed Device