This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, etc) and returns will not be accepted. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
An everyday notebook for everyone.
With the HP 2000, you get genuine HP reliability for your social networks, web surfing, video chatting
Designed for every day of the week.
With the HP 2000, you get genuine HP reliability for your social networks, videos, music, and more. Surf the web, send email, or talk face to face with a built-in webcam. Play HD games and watch blockbuster movies on a brilliant widescreen display. Enjoy clear conversations and full sounding music thanks to premium Altec Lansing speakers. And do it all on the move with outstanding battery life. Access new experiences and opportunities with the HP 2000.
HP PCs deliver optimal performance through meticulously engineered designs. Each series undergoes at least 140 rigorous tests defined by HP Labs to ensure they can survive extreme conditions and use over the long haul. And each includes components and software from world-class partners.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Live life in high definition on the 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display.
- Glide quickly through the internet in brilliant HD with HD Internet Technology from AMD powered by the AMD E1-1200 Accelerated Processor and AMD Radeon HD 7310 Discrete-Class Graphics
- Store up to 60,000 photos, 66,000 tracks or 120 HD movies and get protection from sudden impact with a 320GB hard drive and HP ProtectSmart.
- Watch movies, record music and video, plus load apps with the SuperMulti DVD burner.
- Stay connected to friends, family, and colleagues at wireless hotspots with Wi-Fi 802.11.
Built for everyday computing, the HP 2000 packs the PC essentials into an attractive design-all at an affordable price. An on-trend oversized HP logo sports the top cover and left palm rest, setting the 2000 apart from the everyday. And signaling HP's position as the most popular PC on the planet. Wrapped in an always-in-style matte black licorice HP Imprint finish that switches to gloss on the palm rest for sweet contrast.
HP humanizes technology: we are inspired by the way you think, feel, act and interact. From music to movies to video, we understand the way you want to see and hear entertainment, and we've designed our notebooks accordingly.
- Altec Lansing Speakers: Enjoy clear conversations and full sounding music.
- HDMI Port: Watch video on an HD TV and other compatible devices.
- HP Premier Experience: A faster, easier, and more organized Windows, only from HP. Better organized with HP Launch Box: Find key Windows Live and HP Recommended apps grouped together on the task bar and a box to customize with your own. Faster start, shutdown, sleep and wake up times. Simplified Start Menu and notifications area to find what you need more quickly. Plus, fewer notifications and pop-ups to interrupt you!
- HP Support Assistant: Keep running smoothly with automated help right on your PC.
- HP MyRoom: Stay in touch with instant messaging or video chatting and see yourself onscreen, too. Share your content by sending files or setting up a room.
- Online security software: Get 60 days of #1 ranking Norton Internet Security free for protection right out of the box.
Help save more than the earth.
Save time and money, too. Now recycling your HP and Compaq products is more convenient than ever-and totally free! Get your recycling voucher online, then drop products off at a FedEx Office (more than 1,700 US locations) for packing and shipping. Or, get cash back, a gift card or options to donate computer hardware (any brand) with residual value, plus the option to recycle it. Responsible recycling has never been easier!
24 x 7 support
HP Total Care provides award-winning service and support for your computer. Visit online to learn about services and support options that supplement or extend your standard coverage. Check the label placed on the bottom cover (or inside it on select models) for your PC's warranty period.
During your limited warranty period you get:
- 24 x 7 technical assistance via online chat, email, or phone
- Parts and labor coverage, including customer-replaceable parts, return of equipment to HP, and authorized service provider options
- 24 x 7 toll-free technical and limited software support in English or Spanish
In addition, and at no charge, you get lifetime access to:
- HP Support Forum in English, French, or Spanish
- HP Support Assistant: click the icon in your taskbar or desktop for easy access to automated maintenance, built-in diagnostic tools, and a choice of assistance options. Visit online to learn how
HP Support Assistant can help you keep your PC up to date and get assistance when you need it.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- AMD E1-1200 Accelerated Processor
- 1MB L2 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- Maximum supported = 8GB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- AMD Radeon HD 7310 Discrete-Class Graphics with up to 384MB total graphics memory
- 320GB 5400RPM hard drive
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Imprint finish in black licorice
- HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN(10b)
- Multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital cards and Multimedia cards
- Altec Lansing speakers
- Full-size keyboard
- Touchpad with on/off button and precision multi-touch gesture support.
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 HDMI
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ-45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone-out
- 1 Microphone-in
- 14.80" (L) x 9.72" (W) x 1.20" (min H)/1.41" (max H)
- 5.39 lbs
- 65W AC adapter
- 6-cell 47WHr lithium-ion battery
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll-Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) with Product Registration.
SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- Free 60-day Norton Internet Security 2012 Subscription
- HP Support Assistant: Update your PC, troubleshoot problems and get technical support.
- HP Power Manager: Adjust settings for optimal battery life or performance.
- HP Recovery Manager: Recover, restore, and create recovery media for your PC.
- HP Security Assistant: One-stop access to preloaded security solutions to help defend your data.
- HP Application Assistant: Makes finding and downloading the software needed to open your files easy.
- HP Launch Box: Fast launch of HP and Microsoft apps grouped in taskbar boxes, plus option to customize a third box.
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel only, with advertising. No
PowerPoint or Outlook. Buy Office 2010 to use the full-featured software.
- Windows Live Essentials 2011: Mail, Messenger, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Writer, Mesh
- HP MyRoom: 2-way video calling, instant messaging, and file sharing in and outside a virtual room (link in HP Launch Box on Task Bar).
MULTIMEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Windows Media Player
- Windows DVD Maker
- Cyberlink YouCam DE: Chat live and capture video or photos. Be yourself or a favorite avatar!
- HP Games powered by WildTangent: includes 10 free rental sessions of "Plants vs. Zombies",
2010 Game of the Year, and 1 free game Farm Frenzy valued at $19.99 MSRP.
- RaRa Music: Music for every mood
- Snapfish Picture Mover (link in Start Menu)
- Blio eReader application with full color: includes 4 free digital books valued at $75 MSRP.
- Internet Explorer 9
- Bing Bar for Internet Explorer 9