Print professional-quality color documents at high speeds. Efficient paper handling and intuitive controls keep workgroups productive. With energy-saving features, your business can save money while reducing your environmental impact.
Packed with performance.
- Print documents rapidly with speeds up to 35 ppm letter/35 ppm A4 and a first page out in as fast as 9.5 seconds.
- Handle a steady stream of print jobs with 512 MB memory - expandable up to 1 GB.
- Easily integrate enterprise-ready networking and robust security options into your printing setup.
Consistent, professional-quality color documents.
- Achieve consistent, professional color quality on every print job. Advanced color features ensure every print job produces professional-quality, color documents.
- Receive consistently outstanding results, using reliable supplies designed specifically for your printer.
- Save IT time and make printing easy for every user in your managed environment by using the HP Universal Print Driver and HP EasyColor.
- Print on a broad range of media types - including everyday and glossy papers - deal for presentations and marketing materials. This versatile printer can also handle a wide variety of sizes - A4, letter, labels, envelopes, transparencies and cardstock.
- Manage your business's color printing usage and costs, using award-winning HP color access controls.
Operate with ease and efficiency.
- Produce documents efficiently with a paper capacity of 600 sheets - expandable to 1100 sheets.
- Reduce installation and setup time - Original HP toner cartridges are pre-installed.
- Improve printing efficiency with HP Advanced Auto Media Sensing and a 4-line color control panel with auto-navigational help.
- Twenty-five years of continuous innovation and reliable, professional-quality printing - HP LaserJet remains the brand businesses count on.
Minimize your environmental impact.
- Get up to 50 percent energy savings over competitive laser products, using Instant-on Technology.
- Reduce your impact on the environment and use up to 50 percent less paper with two-sided printing.
- Reduce packaging waste with pre-installed toner cartridges - no boxes, wrappers or manuals.
- Minimize your environmental impact by implementing energy-saving settings across your entire fleet with HP Web Jetadmin.
- Get free and easy recycling?cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.
Print speed black:
- Normal: Up to 35 ppm
Print speed color:
- Normal:Up to 35 ppm
First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 9.5 sec
- Color: As fast as 9.5 sec
Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
Print quality color (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- HP ImageREt 3600
Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
- Up to 100,000 pages
Recommended monthly page volume
- 2000 to 7500
- 800 MHz
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5, HP postscript level 3 emulation, direct PDF printing v 1.4
- 2.0" LCD (color graphics)
- HP LaserJet Black Print Cartridge (8500 pages)
- HP LaserJet Cyan Print Cartridges (11,000 pages)
- HP LaserJet Yellow Print Cartridge (11,000 pages)
- HP Magenta Print Cartridge (11,000 pages)
HP ePrint capability
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T
- 1 EIO
- HP Secure EIO Hard Disk J8019A
- HP Jetdirect 620n EIO Print Server J7934G
- HP Jetdirect 635n EIO Print Server J7961G
- HP EIO 1284B Parallel Port Adaptor J7972G
- HP Jetdirect 690n EIO 802.11g Wireless Print Server J8007G
- HP ew2500 USB 802.11g Wireless Print Server J8021A
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
Minimum system requirements
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit): 1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB available hard disk space
- Windows 7 (64-bit): 1 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, 20 GB available hard disk space
- Windows Vista: Intel Pentium II or Celeron processor, 512 MB RAM, 220 MB hard disk space, Internet Explorer 7
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008: Intel Pentium II or Celeron processor, 256 MB RAM, 220 MB hard disk space, Internet Explorer 6
- for all systems: Adobe Acrobat Reader 5, CD-ROM drive, USB port
- Mac OS X v 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6: PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Core processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 160 MB hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- USB port
- Mac OS X v10.6: Intel Core processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 10 GB available hard disk space
Compatible operating systems
- Windows 8, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Premium, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2008, Windows XP Professional x64 (IPv6 only supported on Windows 2003, Windows XP Professional, and Windows XP Home, IPsec on IPv4 only on Windows 2003, Windows XP Professional, and Windows XP Home)
- Novell NetWare 5.1 or higher
- Mac OS X v 10.3, v 10.4, v 10.5, v 10.6
- Linux (see hplip.net), Red Hat Linux 7.x or higher, SuSE Linux 8.x or higher
- HP-UX 10.20, 11.x, 11.i
- Solaris 2.5 or higher (SPARC systems only)
- AIX 3.2.5 or higher
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 and 4.5, Citrix XenApp Server 5.0
- Windows 2003 and 2008 Terminal Services
- 512 MB
- 1 GB (1024 MB)
- Optional, HP Secure High Performance EIO Hard Disk
Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray
- 500-sheet input tray 2
Paper handling input, optional
- 500-sheet paper feeder and cabinet
- postcard media insert tray
Paper handling output, standard
- 500-sheet output bin
- Up to 500 sheets
- Manual (driver support provided)
Media sizes supported
- Multipurpose tray: letter, legal, 5 x 8 in, 8.5 x 13 in, statement, executive, postcard, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in; envelopes (No. 9, No. 10, Monarch); 500-sheet input trays: letter, legal, 5 x 8 in, 8.5 x 13 in, statement, executive
Media sizes, custom
- Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; 500-sheet input trays: 5.83 x 8.27 to 8.5 x 14 in; optional HP Postcard Media Insert Tray (must be installed in tray 2): 4 x 6 in
- Paper (plain, light, bond, recycled, mid-weight, heavy, mid-weight glossy, heavy glossy, extra heavy, extra heavy glossy, cardstock, card glossy, preprinted, prepunched, colored, rough); color transparency; labels; letterhead; envelope; opaque film; user-defined
Media weight, supported
- Multipurpose tray: 16 to 58 lb; 500-sheet input trays, automatic two-sided printing unit: 16 to 32 lb plain paper; 28 to 58 lb glossy paper
Finished output handling
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz) (Not dual voltage, power supply varies by part number with # Option code identifier)
- 740 watts (printing), 72 watts (ready), 19 watts (sleep), 0.3 watts (off) 1
Operating temperature range
- 10 to 30 deg. C
Operating humidity range
- 30 to 70% RH
Acoustic power emissions (ready)
- 5.0 B(A) 4
Acoustic pressure emissions bystander (active, printing)
- 54 dB(A) 4
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 21.3 x 20.6 x 16.5 in
Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 30.1 x 20.6 x 16.5 in (with all doors and trays fully extended)
- 84.6 lb (Without print cartridges)
- Power cable
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray
- 500-sheet input tray
- HP Jetdirect gigabit ethernet embedded print server
- HP LaserJet black Print Cartridge (8500 pages)
- HP Color LaserJet Cyan, Yellow, Magenta Print Cartridges with HP ColorSphere Toner (11,000 pages)
- Hardware and software installation guide
- CD-ROM with software drivers and documentation
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- 1 Year Limited Warranty