Expanding on the elegance of the current line, the new HDX series is defined by fluid, modern lines and metalized finishes with surprising innovations inside and out. High-gloss HP Imprint finish in titanium and chrome now encases all surfaces visible during normal use for greater durability, and a sleeve is included for extra protection. The HDX series Fluid Imprint features an flowing linear pattern that enhances the reflective qualities of the metallic finish. The streamlined look is enhanced with a color-matched keyboard and touchpad. And touch media controls light up and become visible only when the system is powered on further enhancing the clean appearance. HP's mobile products have won coveted International Red Dot, iF and CES Innovation design awards and been recognized by other leading design institutions.
Extreme entertainment is at your fingertips with everything you need to enjoy content in the highest-quality formats - and create your own show. Introducing HP MediaSmart for access to DVDs, videos, photos, music, games, Internet TV, and streamed or recorded TV at the touch of a button.
-Watch standard DVDs in high definition with Video Upscaling.
-Connect to your HD TV via the HDMI port to view content from your HP HDX notebook.
-Control playback with the HP ScrollSmart Remote Control.
-Edit and burn HD content with Cyberlink DVD Suite Premium.
-Create movies complete with special effects fast with Muvee Reveal Premium.
-Enjoy thunderous audio enabled by the HP Triple Bass Subwoofer.
-Get simulated surround sound with Dolby Home Theater and Altec Lansing speakers.
-Experience true immersion in 3D games with NVIDIA G9600 series graphics and discrete video memory with DirectX 10 support.
DESIGNED TO CAPTIVATE
For those who want the latest performance technologies enabling a premium home cinema and computing experience, the HP HDX 18 delivers in an elegant desktop-replacement design. Its reflective Fluid Imprint finish encases leading-edge mobile architectures from Intel and NVIDIA. HP HDX notebook PCs provide the options you need to connect, enjoy and experience peace of mind.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 Ultra Wide Display. Enjoy full-screen views with a viewing angle of 140 degrees (vs. standard 90) and significatnly enhanced brightness, color and clarity with the HP Full HD Ultra BrightView Infinity display.
- Connect with the HP Webcam. Turn your next instant message into a live video chat with the integrated webcam, omni directional microphone and an IM solution. Optimized for low-light environments, it's great for capturing short videos to share on your favorite social networking site. Personalize your videos with included YouCam software.
- Enhanced security options. HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection locks your hard drive into place when it senses abrupt motion to help prevent data loss. The eSATA/USB Combo port enables fast backup to an external hard drive. And the dual hard disk drives provide an easy back up option. The integrated fingerprint reader offers greater security and ease-of-use by associating passwords to your system and online accounts with unique fingerprints.
- Personalized disc labels with LightScribe. Create custom laser-etched disc labels right in the drive with LightScribe and preinstalled Cyberlink DVD Premium. Just burn data on the disc, flip it over and burn the cover image using any scanned image and/or text.
- Full-memory access. Windows Vista 64-bit operating systems are able to fully access system memory to support 3D games and complex applications.
|Microprocessor||2.00 GHz Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q9000|
|Microprocessor Cache||6MB L2 Cache|
|Video Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT|
|Video Memory||Up to 2302MB (512MB dedicated)|
|Hard Drive||500GB (5400RPM)|
|Multimedia Drive||LightScribe Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer|
|Display||18.4" Diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)|
|Network Card||Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN|
|Wireless Connectivity|| |
|Sound||Altec Lansing speakers|
|Pointing Device||Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad|
|PC Card Slots||1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)|
|External Ports|| |
|Dimensions||17.17 (L) x 11.26" (D) x 1.33 (min H)/1.72(max H)|
|USA HP Warranty and Support: || |
|What's In The Box||Mobile Stereo Earbud Headphones (1 pair); HP Mobile ScrollSmart Remote Control; HP HDX Notebook Protective Sleeve|
|Security and Support:|| |
|Productivity and Finance:|| |
|Internet Solutions:||HP Total Care Set Up|
Microsoft Internet Explorer