THE PERFECT MOBILE COMPANION
The Internet is at the center of modern life keeping you connected and informed through email, IMs, RSS feeds, social networking sites and Search. Keeping up often requires time shifting with companion devices like netbooks. Powered by energy-efficient Intel Atom processors, the HP Mini 311 is optimized for Web
access and can handle standard productivity apps - but is light enough to carry everywhere at just 3.22 lbs. Its 16:9 11.6 inch diagonal HD LED BrightView display makes viewing HD content and two documents side by side possible.(8) The 92 percent of full-size keyboard enables much more efficient and comfortable use than texting (or typing on smartphone keyboards) for most. The touchpad has buttons at the bottom for intuitive use. The HP Mini 311 is the perfect device for staying productive, informed, in touch and entertained on the go.
STAY IN SYNC
Integrated HP QuickSync enables the HP Mini 311 to sync files, photos and videos easily with your primary notebook or desktop PC whenever connected to the same network. After initial setup, the file updates will occur in the background for a truly seamless experience. File sync options can be modified easily any time. The HP Mini 311 makes it easy to take your recent photos and new favorite tracks with you.
FUN ON THE RUN
- Stream video or playback files loaded from your primary PC with HP QuickSync, a USB drive or the internet
- Watch full-screen HD content on the 16:9 display. (Streaming HD video playback not currently supported)(8)
- Let Pandora Internet Radio help you intelligently explore new stations and artists
- Enjoy casual gaming by Wild Tangent online or off
- Connect to a larger display via the VGA port or to your HD TV with the HDMI port (Cable not included)
- Chat or record yourself on video with the webcam(15)
STELLAR DESIGN FROM THE INSIDE OUT
HP starts with a vision of the product that will exceed your expectations with its design elegance and innovation. Our vision drives every decision in order to offer you the most thoughtfully integrated product experience possible.
RELAX WITH 24/7 SUPPORT. FOR LIFE.
HP Care Pack Support provides toll-free phone support while your PC is within Warranty, plus online support anytime throughout its life. There are three ways to reach HP.
- From your desktop: HP Support Assistant includes preinstalled content and diagnostic tools - just click the 'HP Support Assistant' icon on the desktop and follow the prompts.
- Through the Internet: Visit hp.com/go/notebookcare in the United States.
- By telephone: In the U.S., just call 1.800.474.6836 (1.800.HP.INVENT).
As a leader in environmental responsibility, HP is committed to reducing our impact on the earth. Renew, recycle, rethink with HP.
- ENERGY STAR qualified and EPEAT Silver registered
- Advanced power management features and aggressive default power settings for reduced energy consumption
- Mercury-free LED display
- Exclusive use of EPA SmartWay carriers for fewer transportation-related emissions
- Recyclable packaging designed for minimal material usage
- Free recycling for your old computer hardware
- Genuine Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3(1)
- Intel Atom Processor N270(3)
- 1024MB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
- Max supported =3072MB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- NVIDIA ION LE for Windows XP with up to 319MB total graphics memory
- 160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)(7)
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Black Swirl Imprint finish & HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone(15)
- 11.6 inch Diagonal HD LED(8) BrightView Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
- Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) (9)
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards(17a)
- 92 percent full sized keyboard
- Touchpad with scroll zone
- Touch Pad with dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down (note: no on/off button)
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- Headphone-out/Microphone in combo jack (compatible with 3.5mm 4-conductor jack with stereo audio and mono mic)
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- Unpackaged: 11.4 in (L) x 8.03 in (D) x 0.78-1.20 in (H)
- Packaged: 13.6 in (W) x 4.3 in (D) x12.2 in (H)
- Unpackaged: 3.22 lbs(12).
- Packaged: 5.3 lbs
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 65W AC Adapter
- 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) Free Limited Software Support with Product Registration.
SOFTWARE SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 (including 60 days complimentary live update)(15)(19b)
- HP Total Care Setup
- HP QuickSync
- Back On Track Recovery for Consumer
- HP PC Recovery
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Windows Live Applications
- Microsoft Works 9.0
- MS Office Home & Student Edition 2007 - 60Day Trial(19)
- HP Support Assistant
- HP User Guides
- HP Wireless Assistant
- Sun Java Virtual Machine
- Adobe Reader for Consumer
- HP Software Updates
- CyberLink Power2Go
- Windows Media Player 11
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent
- Pandora Internet Radio
- AOL Portal
- HP Instant Web
- Skype (instant messaging, voice & video calls)
- MSN Toolbar
- Internet Explorer 8
- MSN Messenger
- Arcsoft WebCam Companion