STELLAR DESIGN FROM THE INSIDE OUT
HP starts with a vision of the product that will exceed your expectations with its design elegance and innovation. Our vision drives every decision in order to offer you the most thoughtfully integrated product experience possible.
ENTERTAINMENT 2.0 TO TOUCH AND GO
HP TouchSmart software integrates touch-enabled apps with leading Internet services to deliver a seamless, intuitive entertainment experience. Enhanced by SRS Premium Sound and amplified by Altec Lansing speakers with the option to connect to your HD TV via the HDMI port (cable sold separately).
- Internet TV: Watch premium, independent or classic programs, including MTV.(15)
- Music: Play music from CDs; stream music and make playlists; explore with Pandora
Internet Radio; add to your collection from HP?s new Rhapsody Music store (U.S. only).(15)
- Video: Create videos with new 3D movie themes; make mashups to upload to YouTube.(15)
- Webcam: Download new effects and avatars from the Internet,(15) chat.
- Photography: Edit photos Snapfish; share and make them into fun gifts.(15)
- DVDs: Watch DVD movies any time you want.
- Games: Play fun, new 'touchable' games including HP's 'Photo Hunt'.
- Calendar: Keep your own schedule on a personal calendar
- Notes: Write 'sticky notes' and virtually post them to your notebook screen
- Weather: Access local or global weather.
- Clock: Check the time on your desktop.
- Internet Browser: Easily access the web.
MOBILITY YOU CAN TOUCH
For those whose active lives demand a device for note capture, entertainment, communication and robust computing that's easy to carry everywhere, the HP TouchSmart tx2 Notebook PC delivers. The tx2 combines powerful computing with Tablet PC capabilities and entertainment features in an attractive design light enough to go anywhere. With multi-touch support within HP MediaSmart, it is the first notebook PC for consumers that enables the use of two fingers to navigate HP's entertainment applications.
- Your PC, simply more personal. Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, most secure and energy-efficient version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks. And great features like HomeGroup makes sharing files on home networks easy, while Snap lets you quickly resize and compare windows on your desktop. Faster and more reliable performance means your PC just works the way you want it to.
- ATI RadeonTM HD 3200 graphics deliver an immersive, life-like gaming experience with support for the latest DirectX10 games. Watch HD content with incredible visual fidelity. Do it all with break-through energy efficiency through ATI PowerPlay power management.
- Turbo-charged component. Faster 7200 RPM hard disk drives enable optimal performace.
- Going online (Web surfing; social networking; email; shopping; video streaming)
- Running multiple applications at the same time
- Capturing handwritten notes or drawings
- Navigating the HP MediaSmart, the Internet and apps with one- or two-finger gestures
- Enjoying entertainment
RELAX WITH 24/7 SUPPORT. FOR LIFE.
HP Care Pack Support provides toll-free phone support while your PC is within Warranty, plus online support anytime throughout its life. There are three ways to reach us.
- From your desktop: HP Support Assistant includes preinstalled content and diagnostic tools - just click the 'HP Support Assistant' icon on the desktop and follow the prompts.
- Through the Internet: Visit hp.com/go/notebookcare in the United States.
- By telephone: In the U.S., just call 1.800.474.6836 (1.800.HP.INVENT).
As a leader in environmental responsibility, HP is committed to reducing our impact on the earth. Renew, recycle, rethink with HP.
- ENERGY STAR qualified and EPEAT Silver registered
- Advanced power management features and aggressive default power settings for reduced energy consumption
- Mercury-free LED display
- Exclusive use of EPA SmartWay carriers for fewer transportation-related emissions
- Recyclable packaging designed for minimal material usage
- Free recycling of your old computer hardware
Please recycle your computing hardware
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(1)
- AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-85(3a)(4b)
- Up to 4400 MT/s system bus running at AC/DC mode 35 watt
- 4096MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- Max supported =8192MB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with 64 Display Cache Memory AMD M780G with 64MB GDDR2 (sideport memory) with up to 1982MB total graphics memory(6)
- 320GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)(7)
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Reaction finish, HP Webcam with integrated microphone & integrated Fingerprint Reader(15)
- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD?R/RW with Double Layer Support (6d)(16a)(16d)
- 12.1 inch Diagonal WXGA High-Definition(8) HP LED Widescreen Integrated Touch-screen, Convertible Display (1280 x 800). Panel rotates 180 degrees and folds flat. Rechargeable Digitizer for handwriting capture included
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)(9)
- Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN(10a)
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards(17a)
- Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound
- 101-key compatible & 3 Quick Launch Buttons
- Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC CARD SLOTS
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 Headphone out w/SPDIF Digital Audio
- 1 microphone-in
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ-11 (modem)
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- 1 notebook expansion port 3
- 1 Consumer IR
- Unpackaged: 12.05 in (W) x 8.82 in (D) x 1.23 in (min H) / 1.52 in (max H)
- Packaged: 17.9 in (W) x 4.3 in (D) x13.6 in (H)
- Unpackaged: 4.65 lbs(12)
- Packaged: 8.0 lbs
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- HP Mobile Remote Control
- OneNote Software
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 65W AC Adapter
- 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) Free Limited Software Support with Product Registration.
SOFTWARE SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 (including 60 days complimentary live update)(15)(19b)
- HP Help & Support
- HP PC Recovery
- HP Advisor
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Works
- Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition: 60 Day Trial Version(19)
- Tug of Words
- HP MediaSmart
- Cyberlink DVD Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent
- Microsoft Office OneNote
- HP Set Up(15)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer