New! JVC 3-CCD Mini-DV Camcorder offers 5-Megapixel Still Performance
The new next generation JVC GR-X5 features 3 individual CCDs for red, green and blue to produce vivid images with true-to life color. A MiniDV camcorder with high quality 5-Megapixel digital still capability set this camera apart. To further enhance performance, the new Mini DV camcorder includes JVC's proprietary Megabrid imaging engine that separately optimizes image quality for video and digital stills. This technology is packed into a fresh, new design that is both compact and comfortable to hold and operate.
The GR-X5 creates sharp and vivid and images by dedicating a 133 (1.23 effective) megapixel CCD to each color - red, green and blue. JVC's advanced prism optics and filterless 3-CCD pixel shift technology quadruple the pixel count to record 5 megapixel-class stills. (691,200 effective pixels are used for each RGB video color.) The broad dynamic range delivers videos with realistic colors and photo-quality digital stills up to 2560 x 1920 pixels for beautiful 8" x 10" or A4 prints. JVC optics using three dimension angle mounting technology assures high precision CCD registration with accuracy on the order of one micron.
Smaller than most 3-CCD camcorders, the GR-X5 is palm-sized, yet large enough that all controls are easily accessible and the camcorder easy to hold securely. A Dynamic Backlight 2.5' LCD Monitor insures a super clear bright view located at the rear of the camcorder, where it can be opened and viewed in the "down" position directly behind the camera body, or flipped up above the camera and swiveled around to both the left and right. Mounted at one's fingertips, the combined Manual Focus, Exposure and Program Auto Exposure Dial provides direct access to key adjustments.
Megabrid Engine For Optimum Quality
To make the most of the GR-X5's image gathering capabilities, it uses JVC's Megabrid imaging engine that separately processes video and still signals, providing optimal processing for each. This results in high sensitivity and a high signal-to-noise ratio for moving pictures, as well as clear, high resolution still images. This JVC-exclusive engine works in conjunction with JVC's proven Super High-Band Processor that restores the high-band components of the luminance signal to ensure a crisp, clear picture.
It also offers JVC's 3-Dimension Noise Reduction (3D NR), proven picture improvement technology used in high definition digital VCRs that's now available in JVC camcorders. This circuitry reduces video noise by up to 30 percent, especially when shooting in low light.
Photo-Quality Stills...5 mega pixels
Thanks to the high quality lens, 3-CCD/5-megapixel performance and Megabrid engine, the GR-X5 is able to shoot photo-quality digital stills up to 2560 x 1920 pixels (5 mega pixels) in size, which make beautiful 8" x 10" or A4 prints. And since the GR-X5 offers PictBridge support, prints in the size and quantity desired can easily be printed directly from the camcorder, with no need for a computer.
- The GR-X5 offers a full range of convenience features for easy operation and versatility. An innovative new feature is the Data Battery system, which displays remaining battery and recording time on the LCD screen (using supplied battery pack or other compatible JVC data battery).
- Auto Flash makes it easier and more convenient to take still images in low light or nighttime situations. Choose from either AUTO, On or Off in either standard or red-eye reduction mode.
- To make image composition easy, the 2.5-inch Dynamic Backlight LCD offers much clearer images that ordinary backlit LCDs by harnessing the ambient incoming light. So even in bright outdoor situations the image is crystal clear while the LCD?s backlight can be turned off to save on power consumption.
- The Multi-Language On-Screen function offers a choice of English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, or Korean for on-screen menu displays and messages.
Bundled Editing & DVD Authoring Applications - The CyberLink DVD Solution bundled with the GR-X5 includes two applications that make it easy to make full-length DVD movies.
- PowerProducer 2 Gold offers easy saving and authoring of video clips in any order to DVD, even directly from an i.LINK-connected camera, so users can share original DVDs with anybody who owns a DVD player. Saving to DVD requires only a PC with 128 MB RAM, 700MHz or above Pentium III, i.LINK terminal and a DVD burner.
- PowerDirector 3 offers feature-rich non-linear editing so users can flex their creative muscle with titles and even mix stills with videos. PowerDirector 3 also converts movies to a variety of file formats to send via the Web or e-mail. Supported formats include DV-AVI, Windows-AVI, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, as well as Windows Media Video and RealVideo that can be streamed over the Internet.
|Features & Specifications|
- New 3-CCD High-Performance Camera System
- HG 5 Megapixel Digital Still Pictures
- Newly-developed High Precision F1.8 Lens
- 10x Optical Zoom / 300x Digital Zoom (Still: 8x)
- 540 Lines of Resolution
- Megabrid Engine for Optimal Video and Still Quality
- 3-Dimension Noise Reduction (3D NR)
- Combined Manual Focus, Exposure, Program Auto Exposure Dial
- Focus Buttons
- Cold Shoe
- 2.5" Dynamic Backlight LCD Monitor
- Built-in Auto Flash
- DVD/Video CD Creation (via IEEE 1394)
- Web-Camera Function (via IEEE 1394)
- Digital Still Capture (via IEEE 1394)
- Data Battery
- Instant Snapshot
- Power-Linked Operation
- Multi-Language On-Screen
- Program AE
- 16:9 Wide Screen Mode
- DV In/Out
- Analog Input
- Mic Terminal (plug-in power)
- 32MB SD Memory Card
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3 1/2" (W) x 3 9/16" (H) x 3 11/16" (D)
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Manufacturer Warranty: One Year parts 90 days labor