JVC's cutting edge digital media camera is a totally new way to shoot and enjoy digital video. The Everio records 60 minutes of MiniDV quality MPEG-2 video or over 1,800 (2560x1920) of the highest resolution stills on the included high capacity 4GB Microdrive card. Thanks to its Five (5) megapixel 3-CCD imager, Super Hi-Rez Lens and JVC's exclusive Megabrid engine you're getting the latest technology for superior performance. Make digital-to-digital transfers using the USB 2.0 interface for quick downloading to a PC. Print directly from the USB to any PictBridge compatible printer. The rotating grip of the MC500 let's you comfortably transition shooting angles from the palm of your hand.
Everio is a new type of camera, a digital media camera, offering applications beyond that of conventional digital video cameras or digital still cameras. Everio comes with a large-capacity, card-type removable hard disk drive termed "Microdrive", making a new world of videography and photography possible. Compactness, large capacity, high-quality pictures and reliable portability are the keys to Everio.
Everio uses the high-quality MPEG-2 data compression format and JVC's original codec chip for moving picture recording and a Microdrive, CF card or SD card as media to save these images. A shock absorption mechanism for the hard disk has been newly developed for reliable portability. And to make sure images are captured with the utmost quality to begin with, Everio features high-resolution lens technology, advanced CCD image sensors and the proprietary Megabrid Engine to assure optimum video and still image processing.
With the provided 4GB Microdrive, DVD-quality MPEG-2 moving pictures can be recorded for one hour in ULTRA FINE mode or up to 300 minutes in ECO mode. Or shoot and store thousands of photo-quality digital stills. Everio allows you to shoot a large capacity of moving pictures and stills with this palm-sized, image-capturing tool.
Everio can be carried everywhere at all times with the ability to shoot high-quality moving pictures and stills. Its data can be transferred easily to a PC as well. This type of flexibility makes it easier to enjoy the creative visual process. With Everio you can start a new lifestyle with your own imagination.
Versatile, Lossless Data
Store what you've shot on the provided Microdrive card, optional CompactFlash or SD Memory Cards. size as a CompactFlash card, but with many Gigabytes of capacity. You can eject the Microdrive card, just as you would a CompactFlash or SD Memory Card, and load data into your PC via optional card adapter. Or simply connect the camera via its USB2.0 interface for quick downloading to a PC. All transfer is digital-to-digital, so you won't lose any quality in the process.
Microdrive technology leading to higher capacity and better usability
The boom in the most popular audio players, digital cameras and the need for portable storage is driving Microdrive manufacturers to develop even higher capacity and user-friendly drives. With the large capacity, card-type hard-disk "Microdrive" included in Everio, you can record up to one hour of high-quality MPEG-2 moving pictures or up to 9999 digital stills. Memory this large (4GB) is remarkable for a drive as compact as this, which is about the size of a matchbook.
Super Hi-Resolution Lens
The lens has been designed with high precision, delivering the high resolution capabilities required for Everio. 10x optical zoom assures high-quality pictures for both moving and still images.
The GZ-MC500 creates sharp, vivid and pristine images by dedicating a 1.33 (1.23 effective) Megapixel CCD to each red, green and blue color. JVC's advanced prism optics and filterless 3CCD pixel shift technology quadruple the pixel count to record 5Megapixel class stills (In video mode Everio uses 691,200 effective pixels for each RGB color). Thanks to the broader dynamic range, people can enjoy videos with truly realistic colors and digital stills with up to 2560 x 1920 image size for beautiful A4 (or 8" x 10") sized prints. JVC optics using three-dimension angle mounting technology assures high precision prism/CCD registration with accuracy on the order of one micron.
1.8" 130,000-pixel LCD Display
Targets your subject in vivid color, and can be adjusted for versatile shooting angles. Also, through the easy-to-use GUI, you can select manual functions including Focus, White Balance, Shutter Speed, Exposure and Program AE. As thumbnails are shown, you can display the videos and stills you want to see.
The Megabrid Engine applies separate, optimized processing to moving and still images to reproduce both with excellent quality. Using this technology, video images have a high sensitivity and high signal-to-noise ratio, even in low light. In addition, the high resolution still images are crisp and clear, allowing for beautiful quality prints. RGB based processing assures more rich and realistic color reproduction
3-D Noise Reduction (3D NR)
This frame-based innovation in 3-dimensional noise reduction provides more accurate noise reduction because it is based on twice the amount of visual information than conventional field-based types. Video noise is reduced by 30% in low light for a 2dB improvement in the signal-to-noise ratio. This technology allows you to get a bright picture with less noise, even in low light.
Native 16:9 Wide Screen Format
Uses a 1280 x 720 pixel sensing area to record images in native 16:9 aspect ratio. Great if you plan to make cinematic-looking DVDs.
MPEG-2 DVD-quality moving pictures
Using the high-quality MPEG-2 data compression format, you can record DVD-quality moving pictures at a constant bit rate of 8.88 Mbps with Dolby Digital Audio*.
Compatible Media: The GZ-MC200 is compatible with the following media: Microdrive (removable hard disk), CompactFlash cards, and SD Memory cards. A 4GB Microdrive is supplied with the camera.
Rotating Grip: You can adjust the grip angle +/- 45 degrees, allowing comfortable shooting even at high or low angles.
- Manual Focus Ring: on the lens barrel that gives the user precision focus control for deliberate focus shifting or to fine-tune a shot. There's a handy
- Focus Button to shift between auto-focus and manual modes anytime you want while shooting in either mode.
- Program AE dial on the side of the unit lets you easily select from Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Twilight, Sports, Snow, Portrait, and Auto/Manual modes.
- Auto Exposure Bracketing automatically shoots 3 shots with sequential exposures of -1/3 f-stop, normal and +1/3 f-stop when you press the shutter.
- Real-time Histogram Display graphically shows exposure distribution within the image you're shooting
CyberLink DVD Solution
The three bundled software applications that come with CyberLink allow you to save, manage, create, and distribute your memories. In addition to making it easy to create DVDs, the supplied software supports a variety of file formats for distribution via the web or by e-mail. Supported formats include DV-AVI, Windows-AVI, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, as well as Windows Media Video and RealVideo movies that can be streamed over the Internet.
- PowerProducer offers easy authoring of video clips in any order you choose to DVD, even right from a USB-connected camera, so you can share your original DVDs with anybody who owns a DVD player.
- PowerDVD for easy video clip and DVD playback with Dolby Digital Audio.
- PowerDirector Express offers feature-rich, non-linear editing so you can flex your creative muscle with titles, effects, and even mix still with videos.
|Features & Specifications|
- 4GB Microdrive SD-Video MPEG-2 PS recording format
- Three (3) 1/4.5-inch 1.33 Megapixel CCDs for High-Quality Image Capture
- 5 Megapixel-Class Digital Still recording up to 2560 x 1920 pixels (JPEG)
- 130,000-pixel 1.8" polycrystalline silicon color LCD monitor
- Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority
- Digital Image Stabilizer (using "gyro-sensor")
- Shutter Speeds (Video: 1/2 to 1/4000th sec.; Still: 1/2 to 1/500th sec.)
- Video Thumbnail display to find and view stored videos and stills
- Program AE mode (Twilight, Sports, Snow, Portrait and Manual)
- Manual Focus Ring with Push Auto-Focus button for precision and creativity
- Digital wide angle CCD mode for extended shooting range
- Dolby Digital (AC3) 2-channel audio recording
- Built-in Pop-up Flash
- 10x optical zoom
- Tele-macro mode
- Microdrive/CompactFlash card and SD Dual Card Slots for Extra Data Storage and Transfer
- Easy Printing with PictBridge and DPOF Support
- Microdrive and CompactFlash memory slot
- USB 2.0 Interface
- F1.8 Super Hi-Rez Lens
- DVD-quality MPEG-2 video
- Manual focus and Exposure modes
- S-Video A/V multi connector
- AP-V14U Multi-voltage AC Power Adapter/battery charger with built-in battery refresher
- Supplied software to save, manage and distribute your videos/stills and create DVD's
- 4GB Microdrive, AP-V14 AC power adapter, BN-VM200 rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack, AV/S-Video output cable, USB cable, Hand strap, Lens cap, software
- Power: 7.2V 4.9W
- Weight (including battery, Microdrive, lens cap and hand strap) 0.89 lbs
- Manufacturer warranty: One year parts, 90 days labor warranty
|Image Sensor ||CCD ||1/4.5" 3-CCD|
|No. of CCD Pixels ||1,330,000 x 3|
|Super Hi-Resolution Lens ||Yes|
|4GB Microdrive Provided ||Yes|
|MPEG-2 High-Quality Video ||Yes|
|Photo-Quality Digital Stills (JPEG) ||5Megapixel-class|
|Still Image Sizes ||2560x1920|
|Manual Focus Ring ||Yes|
|Advanced Photo Functions ||Auto Exposure Bracketing ||(+/- 1/3 f-stop & normal) |
|Real-Time Histogram Display ||Yes|
|Program AE ||Dial Selection ||Yes|
|Mode ||Aperture Priority/|
Shutter Priority Twilight/
|Thumbstick ||Flash/Spot/Back light|
|Zoom Ratio ||Optical ||10x (8x for still)|
|Digital (max.) ||200x|
|Wide Mode ||(16:9 mode)|
|Built-in Auto Flash ||Pop-up|
|Rotating Grip ||Yes|
|Megabrid Engine for Optimum Video and Still Quality ||Yes|
|3-Dimension Noise Reduction (3D NR) ||Yes|
|1.8" LCD Monitor ||Yes|
|User Friendly GUI for Easy Operation and Setting ||Yes|
|Thumbnail Picture for Easy & Quick Viewing ||Yes|
|Voice Recording Function ||Yes|
|USB2.0 for High-Speed Transfer ||Yes|
|Easy Printing with PictBridge and DPOF Support ||Yes|
|Bundled Software ||Power Producer ||Yes|
|Power Director Express ||Yes|
|Power DVD ||Yes|
- Auto and Manual Focus
- Digital Image Stabilizer
- Exposure (Video: -6 ~ +6, Stills: -2EV ~ +2EV)
- Shutter Speeds (Video: 1/2 ~ 1/4000 sec./Still: 1/2 ~ 1/500)
- Gain up Video sensitivity setting
- ISO 100, 200 Still sensitivity settings
- Backlight/Spotlight Compensation
- White Balance (Auto, MWB, Fine, Cloud, Halogen)
- Self-timer (2sec/10sec)
- Motor-Drive Shooting
- Macro shooting as close as 5 cm (2") with zoom set to wide.
- Tele-macro shoots subjects large as close as 60cm (2 feet).
- Voice Recording mode (FINE, STD, ECO) records .wav files with 16-bit 48 kHz PCM sampling for up to 1.5Mbps; 5 hours and 47 minutes with 4GB Microdrive in FINE mode, 34 hours 43 minutes in ECO mode with 8kHz sampling.
- Wind Cut to remove wind noise
- Record Special Effects (Sepia, Black & White)
- Info Display: File, Folder, Date, Start Time, Playback Time, Video Mode, Protection
- Cool animated camera control menu and Thumbnail index system for easy clip and image location and management
- Playlist Video clip Playback and Slide-show Still Playback
- Playback Special Effects (Sepia, Black & White, Strobe)
- Playback Scene Transitions (White Fader, Black Fader, Black & White Fader, Corner Wipe, Window Wipe, Slide Wipe, Door Wipe, Scroll Wipe, Shutter Wipe)