A Powerful Camera That Catches More Light
The best all-around camera we've ever put into a Nexus shines in low-light conditions. Its larger 1.55?m pixels capture more light even in the dimmest conditions to produce stunning details and sharp images.
All Your Photos, Organized and Easy to Find
Google Photos is a new way to store, search, and share all your photos and videos. Store an unlimited amount of photos and videos at high quality for free, and access them anywhere.
Simplified Security: Nexus Imprint
Your Nexus is quicker and more secure with a fingerprint sensor. Placed on the back of your device to complement the way you naturally hold it, Nexus Imprint will turn on your screen with one touch, unlock your apps quickly and easily, and let you breeze through checkout lines.
The New Standard: USB Type-C
The USB Type-C charger is reversible, which means no more guessing which way is up. And it's fast - get almost four hours of use after only ten minutes of charging.
Always New. Now Running Marshmallow
Built to get the best out of the world's most popular OS, Nexus is the ultimate Android experience. You're always among the first to receive software and security updates. And you'll have the freshest, fastest version - Android 6.0 Marshmallow - working for you right out of the box.
Discover the New Features of Marshmallow
With the new arrival of Android 6.0 Marshmallow, LG has prepared a sweet surprise for you
- Battery Optimization: Battery optimization has been added to reduce battery consumption. The battery will now be optimized automatically when your phone or apps are not in use for a certain period of time. Battery optimization will stop when you use your phone or apps again.
- Knock Code Settings: Knock Code is to be updated to offer a better experience for the latest OS. You must now have at least 6 taps and use 3 different quarters in your knock code. To unlock the screen, the knock code for the current user can only be used.
- App Permissions: App permissions have been changed. You can allow or deny permissions for an app to access certain features from other apps. After you install an app and open it, pop-ups may show and you may be asked to give permissions to an app for certain features. You must give permissions to use the app. You can decide whether or not to give permissions. Select Don't ask again to not be asked twice when you decide not to give permissions.
- Direct Share: Direct Share has been added. Before, you chose an app to share to, and then a person. Now, frequently shared combinations of apps and people will be recommended. When you select Share via, you can receive up to 8 recommendations for which app and contact to share with.
- Silent Mode: Silent mode has been added to the sound profile. You can silence the phone in the notification panel or in the volume panel that shows when you press the Volume keys. You can also silence the phone in Settings > Sound & notification. Before, you had to use Interruptions to silence the phone. Now, it can be done with just one or two taps. Interruptions has been renamed to Do Not Disturb. With this, you can schedule downtimes to not be disturbed by notifications from some or all apps. Alarms will sound or vibrate when do not disturb is set to priority only. Alarms will be silenced when do not disturb is set to total silence.
LG UX Upgrade
- Auto-Brightness: Auto-brightness has been changed. The screen will be brighter when you are in a bright place and darker when you are in dark place. The brightness slider can now be seen adjusting automatically depending on the ambient light when you use Auto-brightness.
- Allow Peeking: Allow peeking has been added to Settings so that you can now see notifications at the top of the screen and have none of them block the screen.
- Google Settings: You can manage Google apps and services more easily.
- Memory Settings: You can now see the hourly memory usage per app.
- Apps Settings: The screen for Apps settings has been simplified. Before, there were tabs for disabled apps, running apps, apps on the SD card, and downloaded apps. Now, you can see all the apps in a simple screen. You can include or exclude the system apps through the menu in the top right corner of this screen.
- Qmemo is now Capture +: QMemo+ in the notification panel has been renamed to Capture+. QMemo+ is just the same as before.
- LG Bridge became LG AirDrive: LG Bridge has been renamed to LG AirDrive.
The Best of Google in the Palm of your Hand
Nexus comes with the best Google apps pre-installed, so it's ready to use right out of the box. Search, Maps, Chrome, YouTube, Gmail, Drive, and so much more-ready for you to enjoy on your phone. And with Google Play Store you can access your favorite digital entertainment. Choose from millions of apps, books, songs, movies, and games.