If you need an affordable, versatile way to make lightning fast local network connections, the Linksys EG008W Gigabit 8-Port Workgroup Switch is the answer. Get blistering speeds of up to 2000 Mbps with this wired switch, which allows heavy users of multimedia, graphics, video, and other bandwidth-hungry applications to share and transfer large files with ease. Plus, thanks to the technology built into the EG008W you can mix clients that support slower, 10 or 100 Mbps speeds with those that run at full gigabit speeds -- without any speed loss. Simply put, the EG008W is the perfect solution for your desktop gigabit and 10/100 networking needs.
With workstations that support Gigabit Ethernet networking, you'll see amazing speed increases over 10/100 Mbps networks. Connect your clients to the full-duplex ports and see your data traffic efficiency improve several times over. Dedicated bandwidth of up to 2000 Mbps can be attained with the EG008W, making it perfect for graphics, multimedia, and other applications that have to move large files across the network quickly.
A full array of LED indicators are provided on the front of the EG008W, giving you detailed information about the status and performance of the switch:
- Power: The power LED lights up when the switch is powered on.
- Link/Act: The Link/Act LED blinks when data is being sent or received through the port. When the LED is off, there is no data being transferred through the port.
- Speed: The speed LED blinks when that port is transmitting at 1000 Mbps. If the LED is not lit, the port is transmitting at 10 or 100 Mbps.
- FDX: If the FDX (Full Duplex/Collision) LED is lit up continuously, the connection made through the corresponding port is running in full duplex mode. If the LED is blinking, the port is experiencing data collisions. Infrequent collisions are normal. If this LED is blinking often, there may be a problem with your connection.
Amazing versatility is built into the EG008W. Simply install this switch in place of your current workgroup hub or switch, and you can network your high-requirement workstations with Gigabit Ethernet speeds, while continuing to service other clients at their current speeds. Or build your network from the ground up, and choose the link speeds that are right for each of the users on your network.
The EG008W is designed to integrate easily with your existing network and you can connect your existing 10/100 Ethernet network to your gigabit server backbone without any additional equipment. All ports on the EG008W are auto-negotiating, and they have automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover detection. This means that you no longer have to fuss with which type of cables you're using, as crossover and regular networking cables are automatically detected. Other advanced features include address learning and aging, as well as 802.3x flow control. Plus, head-of-line blocking prevention keeps your high-speed clients from bogging down in lower-speed traffic.
- Ports Qty - 8 Ports
- Device Type - Switch
- Compliant Standards - IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.3x, IEEE802.3ab