The Magellan RoadMate 5630T-LM provides a best in class GPS navigation experience with features designed to reduce driving stress; save time and money; and promote safe driving habits.
The RoadMate 5630T-LM's large 5" high resolution touchscreen provides a safe and legal hands free navigation while displaying preloaded premium maps of the United States; Canada and Puerto Rico. Owners also receive Free Lifetime Map Updates (up to 4 times a year) and Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts for the life of the device.
3D Buildings; Junction View; and Landmark Guidance are a few of the 5630T-LM's features created to make navigating easier and stress free. 3D Buildings help provide a more realistic view of your surroundings by displaying notable buildings and landmarks in 3D. Junction View generates realistic images of freeway signs guiding you to the correct lane. And Landmark Guidance provides spoken route instructions; when possible; calling out visible landmarks. For example a driver might hear instructions like "In 200 feet; turn left at the Gas Station."
The Magellan RoadMate 5630T-LM can save driver's money by avoiding costly tickets with special notifications for traffic cameras and speed limits. Traffic Camera Alerts; by PhantomALERT; provide audio and visual warnings of fixed red light and speed cameras along your route. This is a free one year subscription that uses verified crowd-sourced data. Speed Limit Alerts help manage your speed along a route by notifying you when traveling above the speed limit.
The RoadMate 5630T-LM includes new Driver Alerts designed to promote safe driving habits. These features include Safe-driving Mode; Driving Break Reminder and Headlight Warnings. Safe-driving Mode locks the screen so a driver's attention remains on the road. Driving Break Reminder; once a timer is selected; delivers an alert notifying a driver when to take a break to avoid fatigue. While Headlight Warning notifies the driver when light levels have fallen and it is time to turn on the headlights.
Magellan's RoadMate 5630T-LM lets owners personalize their GPS experience. Drivers can choose a personal viewing preference with Portrait/Landscape Mode. Landscape mode provides an improved peripheral view; while Portrait mode provides an extended view of the road ahead. Additionally; Magellan's exclusive OneTouchandtrade; Favorites Menu lets drivers easily create icons of their favorite places and searches. For example; a favorite coffee shop; restaurant; gas station; or bank. Just touch the customized icons to see the nearest locations of the favorite chain destinations in any town.
Need to find a parking garage or avoid streets that you know have high traffic congestion or under construction? Or maybe you have some errands to run with multiple stops. The RoadMate 5630T-LM has your back. Best Parking provides parking garage hours of operation and entrance addresses. Choose the garage closest to your destination and you'll be guided directly to the entrance. Route Area Avoidance lets you select an area on the screen's map to avoid so you can bypass those areas when navigating. And Multi-destination Routing allows owners to plan a trip with multiple stops in the order they want; or the 5630-LM navigator can select the most efficient route.
The Magellan 5630T-LM 5" GPS Navigator; best in class GPS navigation from Magellan - the innovator of portable GPS devices.
- Large; vibrant; sunlight-readable display with day and night views for easy visibility
- Never worry about out-of-date maps again
- Real-time traffic updates sent directly to your GPS unit to avoid traffic jams and other delays
- Selected buildings and landmarks are rendered in 3D to provide a more realistic view of your surroundings
- Receive audible and visual warnings of fixed red light and speed cameras along your route free for one year
- Two viewing modes adapt to your personal viewing preference
- Landscape mode provides an improved peripheral view of your surroundings; while Portrait mode provides an extended view of the road ahead
- Receive directions using 10 POI categories of landmarks as your guide; making it a more intuitive way to navigate
- Realistic images of freeway signs and arrows guide you to the correct lane to make driving easier; safer and less stressful
- Manage your speed along your route with optional settings for visual and audible alerts
- Best Parking provides parking garage locations; hours of operation and directions to the entrance
- Drivers can select high traffic; heavy construction; or less desirable areas right on the screen; and the Magellan RoadMate will avoid those areas when routing them to their destination
- Receive an audible alert that it is time to switch drivers; or if driving alone; take a break and relax
- At sunset drivers are notified to turn on their headlights for better visibility and safer driving
- Plan a trip with multiple stops in the order you want; or let your Magellan navigator select the most efficient route
- Menu screens are locked while the vehicle is moving so your focus stays on the road
- Find your favorite restaurant; bank; gas station and more in any city with a single touch
- Easily create shortcuts to your favorite destinations and previous searches with personalized bookmarks so you can quickly find them anywhere you travel
- As you type the first few letters of your target address QuickSpell instantly narrows the search based on your destination
- Search and route to millions of preloaded destinations such as gas stations; restaurants; hotels; attractions and other points of interest
- Search and route to millions of preloaded destinations near upcoming highway exits.
- Travel the United States; Puerto Rico; and Canada with all the maps you need; pre-loaded on your device
- Missed the turn? It happens to the best of us. Quickly get back on track with auto re-route
- Select shortest distance; fastest time; most use of freeways; or least use of freeways
- Hear street names and directions for a clear understanding of when to make the next turn while you keep your eyes on the road
- Create and store personal points of interest and skip repeated address entry
- Dimensions (English): 5.6" x 3.4" x 0.6"
- Dimensions (Metric): 142 x 86 x 15 mm
- Weight (English): 6.1 oz
- Weight (Metric): 173 g
- Battery Type: 1500mAh; Li-ion rechargeable
- Battery Life: 30 minutes
- Speaker :Yes
- Stereo Audio Jack: Yes
- CPU: SiRF Atlas; Dual-Core; 500MHz ARM11
- Expandable Memory: microSD
- Temperature Range ( degreeF): 14 degreeF to 158 degreeF
- Temperature Range ( degreeC): -10 degreeC to 70 degreeC
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Audio/Video Input: Yes
- SD Slot: Yes
- Display Resolution; W x H: VGA
- Screen Size: 5.0"
- Display Type: Color; Resistive
- Touch Screen: Yes
GPS and Sensors
- GPS Accuracy: 3-5 Meters
- High-Sensitivity GPS: Yes
- Antenna Type: Multidirectional Patch
Mapping and Navigation
- Preloaded Maps: US; Canada; Puerto Rico
- Points of Interest: 7M
- Turn-by-Turn Routing: Yes
- Lifetime Traffic Alerts: Yes
- Highway Lane Assist :Yes
- Map Updates :Lifetime
- Multi-Destination Routing :Yes
- OneTouch Favorites Menu: Yes
- Speed Limits: Yes
- Spoken Street Names: Yes
- Branded POIs: Yes
- POIs Along Route: Yes
- Smart City Search: Yes
- Smart Detour: Yes
- QWERTY/ABCD Keyboard: Yes
- Find Your Car: Yes
- Landscape/Portrait Mode: Yes
- Landmark Guidance: Yes
- Junction view: Yes
- Best Parking: Yes
- Traffic Camera Alerts by PhantomALERT: Yes
Interface and Communications
- USB Port: USB 2.0
- PC Compatible: Yes
- MAC Compatible: Yes