The NEW LX90GPS can do more than track satellites. It talks to them as well. Turn it on and the built-in Sony GPS sensor immediately determines your precise date, time and location. AutoAlign then uses this info to align your scope for a tour of the most spectacular sights in the universe. With all the features of the legendary LX90 Schmidt-Cassegrain plus the ability to communicate to satellites, the new LX90GPS now has it all. When it comes to industry-leading American-made optics, depth of features, and value for your dollar, the LX90GPS is the best Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope you can find that can find itself.
- AUTOALIGN - Telescopes with Meade?s new AutoAlign come pre-aligned. They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your viewfinder. Just center them to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
- IFFRACTION-LIMITED MEADE SCHMIDT-CASSEGRAIN OPTICS
Meade individually figures their water-white corrector lenses and Pyrex? primary and secondary mirrors for superior light transmission, temperature stability, smoothness and correction.
- OVERSIZED PRIMARY MIRROR - Only Meade manufactures their primary mirrors in diameters larger than their listed aperture (e.g. the diameter of the 8" LX90?s primary mirror is actually 8.25").This additional 1/4" yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Slew Speed - The LX90GPS slews (moves) from star to star at 7 degrees per second.That is more than twice as fast as the competition.This means that over the course of an evening, a Meade LX90GPS will show you two to three times more objects.
- RIGID CAST ALUMINUM FORK MOUNT - The Meade LX90GPS's Optical Tube Assembly is mounted on two sturdy fork arms giving you a rock solid platform for astrophotography.
- LX200 - SERIES TRIPOD - The LX90GPS comes standard with the same sturdy field tripod as the LX200R series telescope.
- SMART DRIVE - Meade?s AutoStar provides Periodic Error Correction (in polar mode). Over the course of one or more training periods your LX90GPS will minimize guiding corrections during long exposure astrophotography.
- AUTOSTAR CONTROLLER - Free! Keep your AutoStar up-to-date, and your LX90GPS will grow with you for years to come.
- SMARTFINDER(RED DOT) & 8 X 50 VIEWFINDER - Quickly and easily locate and center deep sky objects.
|Optical Design ||Schmidt-Cassegrain|
|Clear Aperture ||254mm (10")|
|Focal Length Focal Ratio ||2500mm f/10 (10")|
|Optical Coating ||MgF2 on correcting plate (2-sides); standard aluminum on primary and secondary mirrors|
Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
|Optical Tube |
Dimensions (dia. x length)
|11.75" x 22"|
|LNT Module ||Patented Level-North Technology with electronic level sensor, electronic magnetic north sensor, high-precision clock.|
|Smart Finder? ||Red Dot viewfinder|
|Telescope Mounting ||fork-type; double tine|
|Setting Circle Diameters, RA and Dec. ||RA: 8"; Dec: 5"|
|Zero Image-Shift Micro Focuser ||optional|
|GO TO Pointing Precision ( |
|Pointing Precision, |
High Precision Mode
|Slow-Motion Controls ||electric, RA and Dec|
|#497 AutoStar Hand Controller ||PIC 16C57 microcontroller; 2 line x 16 alphanumeric character display; 20-button keypad, red LED backlit|
|Batteries (user-supplied) ||8 x C-cells|
|Battery Life (approx.) ||60 hrs.|
|Onboard Celestial |
|Slew Speeds: ||RA and Dec: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal and 1.5 Deg /sec., 3 Deg /sec., 6.5 Deg /sec.|
|Tracking Rates ||sidereal, lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates|
|Tube Body ||aluminum|
|Mount Castings ||aluminum|
|Primary, Secondary Mirrors ||Pyrex glass|
|Correcting Plate/Lens ||clear water white glass|
|Telescope Weight ||50 lbs.|
|Tripod Weight ||19 lbs.|
|Field Tripod Height |
|30" to 44" variable|
| || |