More storage, same compact size
The Hitachi 6 GB MicrodriveTM digital media can plug directly into portable devices with CF+ Type II device slots to allow speedy transfer of all types of data between personal electronic devices and personal computers. It also can be used with an optional PC Card adapter (which plugs into PCMCIA slots in notebook computers and other portable devices) or with a PC Card reader on your desktop PC, allowing you to transfer audio, video, slides, and text quickly and reliably between desktop systems and notebook systems.
Take it on the road. Offload your e-mail from your notebook PC to your companion device for business travel. Transfer your presentation from your notebook PC to your colleague's desktop system. Move cherished photos from your home PC to your brother's PC. Travel light. Off-load e-mail and itineraries, journals, or term papers from your notebook PC to your companion device, and you're ready to fly out to your next appointment
With your Hitachi Microdrive, you'll expect great performance and speedy transfer of all types of data. The Hitachi 6GB Microdrive makes it happen. . . lots of room for all types of information -- portable and fast.
H i g h l i g h t s 6GB maximum capacity in a 1.0-inch hard drive Removable or embedded storage for portable handheld devices Industry standard CF+ Type II or IDE interfaces available Available with PC Card Type II adapter High performance disk storage Low power consumption
C o ns u m e r d e v i c e s Digital still cameras Digital video cameras Digital audio players Personal Digital Assistants (PDA) Personal Media Players (PMP) Mobile phones
Features and Benefits
Capacity 6GB maximum capacity can fit * 6,000 digital photos (1MB each), or 1.5 hours DV-quality MPEG-2 video, or 8 hours MPEG-4 video, or 1,500 ? 3,000 songs
Size 42.8 x 36.4 x 5.0 mm High-capacity, portable storage in a package the size of a matchbook
Reliability 200G operating shock Exceptional ruggedness to withstand tougher handling and improve portability
Interface CF+ Type II Flexibility to support embedded or removable designs
Performance Sustained data rate up to 9.4MB/sec 30% better than prior generation - Faster download of files
* Actual storage may vary depending on the compression rate applied.
Numerous cameras that do NOT support FAT32 will be incompatible with the 4Gig or 6Gig Microdrive: Up to now, the Compact Flash storage devices have used either a 12-bit or 16-bit FAT. Digital cameras and MP3 players have been designed to read and write using this table structure. With the coming of the 4GB Microdrive, the 16-bit FAT is not large enough to handle all the sectors. With 16 bits, only 65536 clusters can be represented and with the maximum cluster size of 32K bytes, only 2.14 GB can be accommodated in a single FAT. Therefore the Hitachi 4GB and 6GB Microdrives are shipped pre-formatted for FAT 32. Please check the table below to assure compatibility of your digital camera with the 6Gig Microdrive:
The following models are NOT compatible with 4Gig or 6Gig Microdrives:
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS D30 , EOS D60, PowerShot G2, PowerShot S20, PowerShot Pro1,
- FujiFilm FinePix S1 Pro , FinePix S2 Pro, FinePix S7000, FinePix S20 Pro, S602, M603
- Kodak DCS 720X, DCS 760,
- Koniica Minolta Dimage 5
- Nikon D1H, D1 , D1X, CoolPix 5400, CoolPix 5700, CoolPix 995
- Olympus E-1, E-20N
The following models are compatible with 4Gig and 6Gig Microdrives:
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel, EOS Digital Rebel XT*, EOS 1Ds , EOS 1D Mark II, EOS 10D, EOS 20D*, PowerShot Pro 1 , PowerShot Pro 70, PowerShot G3, PowerShot G5, PowerShot G6*, PowerShot S45, PowerShot S50, PowerShot S60, PowerShot S1 IS,
- FujiFilm FinePix S3 Pro*,
- Kodak DCS Pro 14n, DCS Pro SLR, Pro Back
- Konica Minolta Dimage 1, Dimage 2 , Maxxum 7D*
- Nikon D70, D100, D2H, D2HS* , D2X* , CoolPix 8700*, CoolPix 8800*
- Olympus C-5050Z, C-5060WZ, C-8080WZ, Evolt (E300)*
- Pentax *ist D
- Sony DSC-F828 Cyber-Shot
* Early reports show compatibility. Testing has not been completed.