This lens does what many pros thought couldn't be done - replace the previous with something even better. Extended coverage to an ultra-wide angle 62mm makes it ideal for digital as well as film shooters, and the optics are even better than before with two Aspherical elements and a totally new UD glass element.
- Compact, versatile Micro-NIKKOR lens for close-up, copy work and general photography.
- Provides continuous autofocus from infinity to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio).
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables accurate, high-speed and quiet autofocus operation.
- Two aspherical elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration even at the widest aperture.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing and eliminates barrel length changes for consistent handling?design also eliminates front element rotation, enabling easier use of polarizers and Nikon's Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System.
- Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image integrity.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color performance, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare.
- Optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX-format (23.9 x 36mm) and DX-format image sensors.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm for more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- M/A Focus Mode allows fast, smooth transitions, autofocus to manual operation.
|Focal length: ||60mm|
|Maximum aperture: ||f/2.8|
|Minimum aperture: ||f/32|
|Lens construction: ||12 elements in 9 groups (with one ED glass lens, two aspherical lenses, one with Nano Crystal Coat) |
|Picture angle: ||39 degrees 40 A (26 degrees 30A with Nikon DX format)|
|Closest focus distance: ||0.185 m/0.6 ft. (life-size)|
|Maximum reproduction ratio: ||1.0x (life-size)|
|Number of diaphragm blades: ||9 (rounded)|
|Filter/attachment size: ||62 mm|
|Diameter x length: ||Approximately 2.9 x 3.5 inches (73 x 89mm)|
|Weight: ||Approximately 425 g/15.0 oz.|
|Supplied accessories: ||LC-62 62mm Snap-on front lens cap, LF-1Rear lens cap, HB-42 Bayonet hood, CL-1018 Flexible lens pouch |
|Optional accessories: ||62mm screw-in filters, including circular polarizing filter|
|Nikon USA Warranty: ||5 Years|