Advanced medium-telephoto macro lens with VR II image stabilization.
This versatile medium-telephoto macro lens delivers fantastic close-up, macro and even portrait shooting with Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization. Enjoy ample working distance and exceptional sharpness - even during handheld shooting - while creating lifesize (1:1 reproduction ratio) images. Advanced Nikon lens technologies provide consistently stunning performance with close-up subjects, flowers, insects, portraits and more.
Sharpness from life-size (1:1) to infinity
The compact AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR is ideal for extreme close-up and general photography. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Discover a world of unseen detail with stunning sharpness and beautiful background bokeh in close-up, nature, portrait and general photography applications.
Stunning results in many applications
Optimized for DX-format cameras, the AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR delivers exceptional images, reproducing every detail in true-to-life brilliance thanks to a host of Nikon lens technologies. Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet internal autofocusing from infinity to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio). SWM also allows for seamless manual focus override?key when shooting live subjects like insects or flowers. Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements provide superior sharpness and color reproduction, and Super Integrated Coating (SIC) virtually eliminates ghosting and lens flare.
Nikon Vibration Reduction
Learn more about Nikon's in-lens VR image stabilization which assures dramatically sharper still images and video capture when shooting handheld.
- Vibration Reduction: A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Nikon F-Bayonet
- 85 mm
- f/ 3.5
- f/ 32
Maximum Angle of View (DX-format)
- 18 deg. 50'
Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- 1.0 x
- FX in DX Crop Mode
VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
ED Glass Elements
Super Integrated Coating
AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
Minimum Focus Distance
- 0.9 ft. ( 0.286 m)
- 52 mm
Accepts Filter Type
Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length)
- 2.9 in. (73 mm) x 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- 12.5 oz. (355 g)