Fast, medium telephoto FX-format portrait lens offers crisp and natural image reproduction for stills and HD video - Designed for use on Nikon?s FX-format D-SLR cameras, this updated medium telephoto f/1.8 lens is designed for shooting stills or HD video. The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8 features Nikon?s Internal Focus (IF) system providing fast and quiet AF. Its fast aperture is ideal for taking stills or D-Movie HD video in low light or for portraiture where it excels in rendering softly focused backgrounds. When mounted on a DX-format D-SLR, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8 has an effective field of view of 127mm.
- Fast f/1.8, compact FX-format prime (fixed focal length) medium telephoto lens - Optimized for FX-format D-SLR cameras but equally at home on any Nikon DX-format D-SLR, featuring Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) and Internal Focusing (IF)
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) - Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Internal Focus (IF) - Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) - Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch - Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus
Focal length - 85 mm
Maximum aperture - f/1.8
Minimum aperture - f/16
Lens construction - 9 elements in 9 groups
Angle of view - 28?30' (18?50' with Nikon DX format)
Minimum focus distance - 0.8 m/2.62 ft (from focal plane)
Maximum reproduction ratio - 0.124x
No. of diaphragm blades - 7 (rounded)
Filter-attachment size - 67 mm
Diameter x length - (extension from lens mount) - Approximately 80 x 73 mm/3.1 x 2.9 in.
Weight - Approximately 350 g/12.4 oz
Supplied accessories - 67 mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-67, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-62, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1015