Create selfies that get plenty of likes with the slim, stylish COOLPIX S6900. This camera is built for self portraits. Its Vari-angle LCD flips all the way around to face you; a built-in kickstand keeps the camera in an ideal selfie position. When you're ready to take a shot, you can use the convenient front shutter button or you can just wave your hand - the COOLPIX S6900 includes Nikon's cool Gesture Control feature! Then share exceptional images directly to your compatible smartphone or tablet using the camera?s built-in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication technology (NFC)**.
**NFC feature for Android v 4.0 or later smart devices only
Here's looking at you - Made for taking great selfies
To take a great selfie, you need to be able to see yourself. That's why the COOLPIX S6900 has a Vari-angle display that faces all the way forward, and a built-in kickstand. Set it up on a table or shelf, take a step back and frame your selfie. When you like what you see, press the convenient front shutter button and capture the shot. If you can't reach the shutter button, you can use hand gestures to capture a photo or start recording video!
Get even closer to what matters - Zoom in close with Dynamic Fine Zoom
Every COOLPIX is designed around a genuine NIKKOR glass lens, the legendary optics that have helped make Nikon famous. The COOLPIX S6900's 12x optical zoom lens goes from wide-angle - great for portraits and landscapes - all the way up to telephoto - great for closeups of sports, concerts, nature and more. When you need even more reach, zoom up to 12x with optical zoom and 24x with Dynamic Fine Zoom, an enhanced digital zoom function that effectively doubles your reach.
Share your photos in a snap with Nikon snapbridge
Nikon snapbridge describes the experience of quickly and easily sending photos wirelessly from your Wi-Fi & NFC enabled COOLPIX S6900 to a compatible smartphone or tablet. Share your great photos on the go, even in remote locations, or use a smartphone or tablet to control your camera.
Focus where you want it - Target Finding AF for accurate, intelligent autofocus
It's frustrating when a smartphone camera focuses on the wrong thing. With COOLPIX S6900, Target Finding AF instantly and accurately determines your intended subject and focuses on it - not on just whatever is closest to the camera. Catch the shot you want on the first try. No more out of focus shots or the frustration of trying to get the camera to focus on the right thing.
Let the camera call the shots - 19 Scene Modes for effortless photos and videos
Experienced photographers optimize their camera settings to match the situation. The COOLPIX S6900 does that work for you. With 19 Scene Modes, including Beach, Snow, Night Portrait, Sunset and more, it's easy to match the moment to a Scene Mode. You can even get creative and use Scene Modes to alter ordinary shots. Or, select Scene Auto Selector and let the camera choose the best mode for your situation.
Record superior videos - Full HD 1080p videos with stereo sound for dazzling movies
If you want a compact camera that shoots stunning Full HD videos, the COOLPIX S6900 delivers. Full HD 1080p means exceptional video quality. Record the action, then connect to an HDTV* and watch your videos come alive. A built-in mic records high-quality audio in stereo. Your videos will look and sound phenomenal.
*Requires optional cable
Control in the palm of your hand
When you're too far away to press the shutter button, simply hold up your hand in a "Stop" position. The COOLPIX S6900 will recognize your palm and activate Gesture Control. Move your hand toward the top left of the frame and the COOLPIX S6900 will start a photo countdown; move it toward the top right, and the COOLPIX S6900 will begin recording Full HD video.
Turn the ordinary into extraordinary
Easily apply fun and creative Image Effects like Selective Color, Miniature, Skin Softening and more right from the camera - no need for additional photo or video-editing software.
Create fun self collages
Why settle for one expression when you have so many? With the COOLPIX S6900's Self Collage feature, you can combine up to nine separate photos into one cool collage image. Use the COOLPIX S6900 just like a photo booth - set the interval between shots (short, medium, long) and the total number of photos (four or nine) and then have fun!
Don't sweat a little camera shake
Lens shift Vibration Reduction keeps the shot steadier, even if your hands are not. Say goodbye to blurry photos, shaky videos and tripods.
This camera's built-in Wi-Fi capability can only be used with a compatible iPhone, iPad, and/or iPod touch or smart devices running on the Android operating system. The Wireless Mobile Utility application must be installed on the device before it can be used with this camera.
- Effective Pixels: 16.0 million
- Image Sensor: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 1/2.3 in.
- Total Pixels: 16.76 million (approx.)
- Image Size (pixels): 4608 x 3456 (16M)
- Lens: 12x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens
- Lens Focal Length: 4.5-54.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 25?300mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Lens f/-number: f/3.3-6.3
- Lens Construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- Lens Zoom: 12x
- Digital Zoom: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 1,200mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Vibration Reduction: Lens-shift VR (still pictures); Lens-shift and Electronic VR (movies)
- Aperture: Electronically controlled ND filter (-2.0 AV) insertion
- Autofocus (AF): Contrast-detect AF
- Autofocus (AF) Focus-area selection: Center, Face priority, Manual (focus area can be selected using the touch panel), Subject tracking, Target Finding AF
- Focus Range: [W]: Approx. 1 ft. 8 in. (50 cm.) to infinity; [T]: Approx. 5 ft. (1.5 m.) to infinity; Macro mode: Approx. 0.8 in. (2 cm.) to infinity (wide-angle position) (All distances measured from center of front surface of lens)
- Focus Lock: Yes
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type: TFT-LCD with Anti-reflection coating; 5-level brightness adjustment
- Monitor Resolution: 460,000-dots
- Monitor Frame coverage (shooting mode): 98% horizontal (Approx.); 98% vertical (Approx.) (compared to actual picture)
- Monitor Frame coverage (playback mode): 99% horizontal (Approx.); 99% vertical (Approx.) (compared to actual picture)
- Storage Media: SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
- Internal Memory: Approx. 30MB
- Storage File System: DCF, EXIF 2.3 compliant
- Storage File Formats: Still Pictures: JPEG; Sound Files (Voice Memo): WAV; Movies: MOV (Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: LPCM Stereo)
- Full HD: 1920x1080/ 30p, 1920x1080/ 25p, 1920x1080/ 60i, 1920x1080/ 50i
- HD: 1280x720/ 30p, 1280x720/ 25p
- HS: 1920x1080/ 15p, 1280x720/ 50p, 1280x720/ 60p, 1920x1080/ 12.5p
- iFrame: 720/ 30p, 720/ 25p
- VGA: 640x480/ 30p, 640x480/ 25p
- HS: 640x480/ 120p, 640x480/ 100p
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 125-1600; ISO 3200, 6400 (available when using Auto mode)
- Lowest ISO Sensitivity: 125
- Exposure Metering: Matrix, Center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2x), Spot (digital zoom 2x or more)
- Exposure Control: Programmed auto exposure, Exposure compensation (-2.0 to +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
- Exposure Modes: Auto, Scene, Scene Auto Selector, Smart Portrait, Special Effects
- Scene Modes: Backlighting, Beach, Black and White Copy, Close Up, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Museum, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Snow, Sports, Sunset
- In-Camera Image Editing: Crop, D-Lighting, Glamour Retouch, Paint, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-eye Correction, Selective Softening, Small Picture, Stretch
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 2 EV in steps of 1/3
- White Balance: Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, White Balance Preset
- Shutter: Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/2000-1 sec.; 1/4000 sec. (maximum speed during high-speed continious shooting); 4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution: Up to 7 shots at approx. 9 frames per second
- Continuous Shooting Options: Best Shot Selector, Continuous H, Continuous H 60, Continuous H 120, Continuous L, Multi-shot 16, Pre-shooting Cache, Single
- Self-Timer: Can be selected from 10 or 2 seconds duration
- Built-in flash Range (approx.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto): [W]: 0.5 to 2.8m (1 ft. 8 in. to 9 ft. 2 in.) / [T]: 1.5m (4 ft. 11 in.)
- Built-in Flash Control: TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Built-in Flash: Yes
- Interface: Hi-speed USB
- Interface Data Transfer Protocol: MTP; PTP
- HDMI Output: HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- I/O Terminal: Digital I/O (USB)
- Wi-Fi Functionality: Yes
- Supported Languages: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portugese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese
- Power Sources: One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19 (supplied)
- Charging Time: 2 hours (when using Charging AC Adapter EH-71P and when no charge remains) (Approx.)
- Battery / Batteries: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19
- Battery Life (shots per charge): Still pictures: Approx. 180 shots (Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured at 23(-/+2) degrees C (73(-/+4) degrees F); zoom adjusted with each shot, flash fired with every other shot, image quality set to Normal, image size set to 4608 ? 3456 (16MP). Battery life may vary depending on shooting interval and length of time menus and images are displayed.); Movies: Approx. 40 minutes
- Tripod Socket: 1/4 in. (ISO 1222)
- Approx. Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.0 in. (99.4 mm) x 2.3 in. (58 mm) x 1.1 in. (27.9 mm) excluding projections
- Approx. Weight: 6.4 oz. (181 g) with battery and SD memory card
- Operating Environment: Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)