Nikon D60 Digital SLR Camera
The D60 digital SLR delivers all the power and versatility of the DX-format, with a 10.2-megapixel image sensor, Nikon's original EXPEED image processing concept, an innovative dust reduction system, and much more. Just as impressive, though, is all the fun it delivers, with In-Camera Editing, on-board help, a compact body, and when you need it, fully automatic operation, for stunning pictures without complications. With the D60, you get both great pictures and loads of picture-taking fun.
- Extraordinary 10.2-Megapixel DX-format Nikon Picture Quality: Nikon's high-performance, 10.2-megapixel DX-format CCD imaging sensor and exclusive EXPEED image processing concept provide added cropping freedom and the ability to make larger prints.
- Includes AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization Lens: NIKKOR lenses are famous for breathtaking sharpness and faithful color. With Nikon's fast, accurate autofocus and Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization technology built in, pictures are even sharper, free from blur caused by camera shake when shooting hand-held.
- Fast Startup and Split-Second Shutter Response: With fast startup and split-second shutter response, the D60 eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, capturing moments that other cameras miss.
- Shoot Continuously at up to 3 Frames per Second: Capture sports action, precious moments and fleeting expressions at up to 3 frames per second, for as many as 100 consecutive JPEG images.
- Active Dust Reduction System with Airflow Control: Nikon's Active Dust Reduction System activates automatically, along with Airflow Control technology to reduce the amount of dust that reaches the sensor.
- Easy Operation with Intuitive Controls: Intuitive controls and an onboard HELP Menu System with Assist Images make the D60 truly easy to use, enabling everyone to capture beautiful memories perfectly.
- Nikon's EXPEED Image Processing Concept: Nikon's original digital image processing concept, EXPEED, comprehensively optimizes pictures, shot after shot.
- 8 Digital-Vari Program Automatic Shooting Modes: Eight Digital Vari-Program Modes include: Auto, Auto Flash-OFF, Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up and Night Portrait; each of which adjusts automatically for optimal results for everyday shooting situations. Each mode considers lighting conditions and possibilities, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, hue, tone, sharpening and more to make creative photography as simple as rotating the mode dial.
- 2.5-Inch, 230,000-Dot Color LCD Monitor with 170-Degree Wide-Angle Viewing: Playback images are easy to see and function menus are easier to use with a larger and brighter color LCD monitor. The large 2.5-inch LCD monitor enables image preview at up to 19 times magnification and has large type fonts with easy-to-view menus. Auto rotating LCD display provides automatic horizontal and vertical graphic display orientation.
- Advanced HELP Menu System with Assist Images: The D60's Assist Images help you select the appropriate settings for many camera features by showing an example image typical of that setting, as well as an advanced HELP Menu for the current item selected. The D60's Question Mark icon (?) indicates that help is available for the currently selected item; just press the HELP button beside the LCD monitor to see a context-sensitive HELP page.
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II: The D60's 3D Color Matrix Metering II evaluates each scene for brightness, color, contrast, size and position of shadows and highlights, selected focus area and camera-to-subject distance, comparing that information against an onboard database of more than 30,000 actual photographic scenes. The result delivers instantly and precisely determined exposures for each scene, even in challenging lighting conditions.
- Image Optimization Options: The D60's Optimize Image setting lets photographers adjust color, contrast and sharpening, as well as other image settings, according to the type of scene or output desired. Settings include: Normal, Softer, Vivid, More Vivid, Portrait, Custom and Black and White, each of which are automatically adjusted based on sophisticated Nikon algorithms or user-selected settings for optimum results.
- Built-in Speedlight with i-TTL Automatic Flash Control: Nikon's innovative i-TTL flash control evaluates flash exposure with incredible precision to achieve better automatic flash balance and deliver outstanding results. The built-in Speedlight is always at the ready and brings beautiful exposures in darkened conditions, as well as adding sparkle for fill flash in outdoor situations for enhanced twilight shots or an added impact to daylight images. In low-light or back-light situations, added illumination from the built-in Speedlight can make the difference between an average snapshot and a dazzling picture.
- Fast, Accurate 3-Area Autofocus: The D60's advanced 3-Area AF system and the refined algorithms inherited from more advanced Nikon digital SLR cameras deliver fast, efficient and precise Autofocus. AF refinements deliver greater precision with fast, more consistent subject acquisition and improved focus tracking for consistently sharper pictures.
- In-Camera Image Editing and Enhanced Retouch Menu: Highly versatile in-camera editing features through the Retouch Menu include Nikon D-Lighting, Red-Eye Correction, Image Trim, Image Overlay, Monochrome (Black and White, Sepia and Cyanotype) along with Skylight, Warm Tone and Color Balance filter effects. New effects and controls include Quick Retouch, NEF (RAW) Processing, Cross Star and Color Intensifier filters. This provides greater creative freedom without the need for a computer for those who prefer to send pictures directly to a printer.
- Stop motion video: Creates a stop-motion animation from a sequence of images for added creative fun to your pictures.
- Up to 500 Images per Battery Charge: The supplied EN-EL9 rechargeable battery will allow for shooting up to 500 images per charge based on CIPA battery testing standards.
- Supplied accessories (may differ by country or area): EN-EL9 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-23 Quick Charger, UC-E4 USB Cable, DK-20 Rubber Eyecup, AN-DC1 Camera Strap, BF-1A Body Cap , DK-5 Eyepiece Cap, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover, Software Suite CD-ROM
|Effective Pixels: ||10.2 million|
|Total Pixels: ||10.75 million|
|Image sensor: ||23.6 x 15.8mm CCD sensor|
|Image Area Pixels: ||8.0 million (3264X2448) |
|Dust Reduction System: ||Image Sensor Cleaning System, Airflow Control System, Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX software required)|
|Image size (pixels): ||[L] 3,872 x 2,592; [M] 2,896 x 1,944; [S] 1,936 x 1,296 |
|File format: ||NEF (RAW): 12-bit compressed JPEG: JPEG-baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8), or basic (approx. 1:16) compression NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats|
|Media: ||SD memory cards, SDHC compliant |
|Text input: ||Up to 36 characters of alphanumeric text input available|
| Date imprint: ||Date, Date and Time, Date Counter, or None (selectable)|
|Viewfinder: ||Eye-level penta-Dach mirror single-lens reflex viewfinder |
|File System: ||DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0, DPOF (Digital Print Order Format), Exif 2.21 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras)PictBridge |
|Frame coverage: ||Approximately 95 percent horizontal and 95 percent vertica|
|Magnification: ||Approximately 0.8x (50mm f/1.4 lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1) |
|Eyepoint: ||18mm (-1.0 m-1) with Diopter adjustment -1.7 to +0.5 m-1 |
|Playback Functions: : ||Type B BriteView Clear Matte screen Mark V |
|Reflex mirror: ||Quick return |
|Lens aperture: ||Instant return, electronically controlled |
|Compatible lenses: ||-AF-S and AF-I NIKKOR: All functions supported|
-Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except autofocus.
-Non-Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II and autofocus.
-IX-NIKKOR and AF-NIKKOR for F3AF: Not supported.
-Type D PC NIKKOR: All functions supported except some shooting modes.
-AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II
-Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in exposure mode M, but exposure meter does not function.
-Lens with maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster: Electronic rangefinder can be used.
|ShutterType: ||Electronically-controlled, vertical-travel, focal-plane shutter|
| Shutter Speed: ||1/4,000 to 30 seconds in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb, Time (optional ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control required) |
|Flash sync speed: ||X=1/200 seconds; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 second or slower |
|Release mode: ||Single frame, Continuous, Self-timer, Remote control (optional ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control required) |
| Frame advance rate: ||Up to 3 fps (by selecting manual focus mode, rotating the mode dial to S or M selecting a shutter speed of 1/250 second or faster, and using defaults for all other settings). |
|Self-timer: ||Can be selected from 2, 5, 10 and 20 second duration|
| Metering: ||TTL exposure metering using 420-segment RGB sensor |
| Exposure meter coupling: ||Combined CPU |
|Metering method: ||-Matrix: 3D color matrix metering II (type G and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)|
-Center-weighted: Weight of 75 percent given to 8mm circle in center of frame
-Spot: Meters 3.5mm circle (about 2.5 percent of frame) centered on selected focus point (on center focus point when non-CPU lens is used) Range (ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 degrees C/68 degrees F)
-Matrix or center-weighted metering: 0 - 20 EV
-Spot metering: 2 - 20 EV
|Exposure compensation: ||-5 to +5 EV in increments of 1/3 EV |
|ISO sensitivity: ||ISO 100 - 1,600 in steps of 1 EV; can also be set to approximately 1 EV (ISO 3200 equivalent) above ISO |
| Active D-Lighting: ||Can be selected from on (auto) or off |
|Autofocus: ||Nikon Multi-CAM 530 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, 3 focus points and AF-assist illuminator (range approximately 0.5-3 m/1 ft. 8 in.-9 ft. 10 in.) |
|Detection range: ||-1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20 degrees C/68 degrees F) |
| Lens servo: ||-Autofocus: Single-servo AF (S), Continuous-servo AF (C), Auto-servo AF (A), Predictive focus tracking automatically activated according to subject status in single- and continuous-servo AF|
-Manual focus: Electronic rangefinder can be used
|AF-area mode: ||Single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, closest subject AF|
|Focus lock: ||Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button |
|Built-in flash: ||Approx. 5.6 oz. (160 g) without battery and SD memory card|
|Accessories Included: ||-Guide number of 12/39 (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 degrees C/68 degrees F) or 13/43 in manual mode (m/ft, ISO 100, 20??C/68??F) |
-Auto, Portrait, Child, Close up, Night portrait modes: Auto flash with auto pop-up
-P, S, A, M: manual pop-up with button release
|Exposure lock: ||Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button |
|Flash control: ||-TTL for digital SLR using 420-segment RGB sensor i-TTL balanced fill-flash (with metering other than spot) and standard i-TTL flash (with spot metering) are available with built-in flash, SB-800, SB-600, or SB-400, and CPU lenses.|
-Auto aperture: Available with SB-800 and CPU lenses.
-Non-TTL auto: Supported flash units include SB-800, SB-28, SB-27, SB-22S, SB-80DX and SB-28DX
-Range-priority manual: Available with SB-800
| Flash modes: ||Front curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction with slow sync |
|Flash compensation: ||-3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV|
|Flash-ready indicator: ||Lights when built-in flash or Speedlight such as SB-800, SB-600, SB-400 is fully charged; blinks after flash is fired at full output|
|Accessory shoe: ||Standard ISO 518 hot-shoe contact with safety lock|
|Dimensions (W x H x D): ||Approximately 126 x 94 x 64mm (5.0 x 3.7 x 2.5 in.) |
|Weight: ||Approximately 495 g (1 lb. 1 oz.) without battery, memory card or body cap|
|White balance: ||8 modes (when Auto is selected, TTL white balance with main image sensor and 420-segment RGB sensor is available) fine-tuning possible|
|Tripod socket: ||1/4 in. (ISO 1222) |
| AC adapter: ||EH-5a AC Adapter (used with EP-5 Power Connector, available separately) |
|Monitor: ||2.5-in., approximately 230k-dot, low-temperature polysilicon TFT LCD, brightness adjustment and with automatic defeat via Eye Sensor|
|Playback: ||-Full frame and thumbnail (four or nine images) playback with playback zoom|
-Stop-motion movies created with the D60
-Highlights and auto image rotation
|Battery: ||One EN-EL9 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery|
| Video output: ||Can be selected from NTSC and PAL |
|USB: ||Hi-Speed USB; Data transfer protocol: MTP, PTP |
| Nikon USA Warranty: || 1-Year |
|Supplied accessories: ||-EN-EL9 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery|
-MH-23 Quick Charger
-UC-E4 USB Cable
-DK-20 Rubber Eyecup
-AN-DC1 Camera Strap, BF-1A Body Cap
-DK-5 Eyepiece Cap, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover
-Software Suite CD-ROM
|Supported Languages: ||Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish |