The D700 digital SLR camera featuring a 12.1-effective megapixel Nikon FX-format sensor that measures 23.9 x 36mm, which is nearly identical to the size of 35mm film. Benefiting from Nikon's legacy of imaging technology innovation, the D700 offers both advanced and professional photographers stunning image quality, accurate color reproduction and revolutionary low light performance.
Building on the immense success of the Nikon D3 professional D-SLR camera, the D700 offers pro-level performance and an extensive array of features and innovations in a comfortably nimble platform. In addition to the Nikon-original FX-format CMOS sensor, the D700 incorporates Nikon's EXPEED Image Processing System, Nikon's renowned 51-point auto focus system with 3D Focus Tracking and two Live View shooting modes that allow photographers to frame a shot using the camera's three-inch high-resolution LCD monitor. The D700 also features Nikon's sophisticated Scene Recognition System and a new active dust reduction system.
- Nikon's original 12.1-megapixel FX-format (23.9 x 36mm) CMOS sensor: Teamed with Nikon's exclusive EXPEED digital image processing, the D700 delivers breathtakingly rich image quality.
- Broad ISO sensitivity up to 6400 and incredibly low noise: Super low-noise performance from 200-6400 ISO, with the added versatility of Lo-1 (100 ISO) Hi-1 (12,800 ISO) and Hi-2 (25,600 ISO).
- Continuous shooting up to 5 frames per second: Shoot at up to 8 frames per second with the optional MB-D10 Multi-power Battery Pack.
- Three-Inch, super-density 920,000-dot VGA color monitor: High resolution with 170-degree wide-angle viewing, calibrated color and tempered-glass protection assure confident image review.
- Two Live View shooting modes: Choose from hand-held or tripod modes to suit shooting requirements.
- Rugged magnesium-alloy construction: Along with extensive dust and moisture protection and a durable shutter mechanism tested to 150,000 cycles, the D700 merges pro D-SLR performance with expanded agility.
- Fast, accurate 51-point AF with 3D Focus Tracking: Exacting autofocus precision, plus three Dynamic AF modes.
- Dynamic Integrated Dust Reduction System: Effective quad-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning minimizes image degrading dust particles.
- 1,005-Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II: Legendary Nikon exposure accuracy aided by an onboard database of over 30,000 images.
- Nikon's exclusive Scene Recognition System: SRS further extends auto-exposure intelligence while also advancing white-balance detection and autofocus performance.
- Nikon Picture Control settings: Advanced color control with 9 customizable settings and 4 preset options allow fine tuning of image appearance preferences.
- Active D-Lighting with NEW Auto mode: Unique three-phase dynamic control to capture previously lost details in shadows and highlights while maintaining normalized contrast.
Nikon's new 24-120mm zoom lens is now even smaller than its predecessor, the AF Zoom-Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6D IF, and features an innovative Vibration Reduction (VR) system that allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. The VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 3 stops (8 times) faster.
Covering many commonly used focal lengths in one compact zoom lens, the 24-120mm proves itself to be a unique and popular choice when a variety of subjects may be encountered. Ideal where space and weight are restricted - such as travel photography - the wide zoom range offers the opportunity to capture a variety of subjects both close by and far away, from interiors to portraits.
Note: G-type lenses are fully compatible only with the F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, N55, D1-series and D100 (or any newer model) cameras.
Note: VR-feature will only work with Nikon's F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, D100 & D1-series (or any newer model) cameras.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake (cancelable). Two available VR modes :
1) Vibration Reduction for both the viewfinder image and the image on film. Moderate VR operation is executed to ensure viewing comfort for the viewfinder image.
2) VR for the image on the film only (conserves battery power).
- New optical design incorporates two ED glass elements and two aspherical elements for superior optical performance
- Built-in A/M switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus (Lock mechanism provided)
- Silent Wave Motor for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet AF
- New cosmetic design identical to current AF-S Nikkor lenses
- Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing or zooming.
- The rounded diaphragm (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural