Nikon's D80 Digital SLR Camera Brings Advanced Performance and Unmatched Creative Control To Photo Enthusiasts
- 10.2 Megapixel Nikon DX format CCD imaging sensor: Effectively optimized by Nikon to deliver a wide dynamic range, producing outstanding images with high resolution and vivid detail yielding 3,872 x 2,592-pixel files.
- New high-resolution Nikon image-processing engine: New 12- bit Image Processing Engine combines color independent analog pre-conditioning with improved image processing algorithms.
- Instant 0.18 sec. start-up with fast 80ms shutter response.With a power-up time of a mere 0.18 seconds and a shutter release time lag of only 80ms, responsiveness is extraordinary.
- Continuous shooting at up to 3 frames per second and up to 100 consecutive JPEG images: Fast framing rates contribute to the ability to capture moments in time instantly. Sophisticated systems throughout the D80, including high-speed buffer memory handling, fast image processing, high-speed memory card access and large system bus bandwidth help make this possible.
- Up to 2,700 images per battery charge:* High-Efficiency power systems featuring reduced power consumption and Real-Time Fuel Gauge with Nikon's EN-EL3e Lithium Ion rechargeable battery.
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II, plus Variable Center-Weighted and Spot Metering: Substantially more sophisticated than traditional multi-pattern metering systems, Nikon's 3D Color Matrix Metering II instantly and accurately evaluates brightness, color, contrast, selected focus area and subject-to-camera distance information, referencing the results against an onboard database of 30,000 scenes from actual photography. Vary the size of the center-weighted area reading and spot metering readings correspond to 11 focusing points.
- In-Camera Image Editing with Retouching Menu: Highly versatile in-camera editing features include Nikon D-lighting, Red-eye Correction, Image Trimming, Image Overlay, Monochrome Black and White, Sepia and Cyanotype along with Skylight, Warm Tone and Custom Color filter effects.
- Built-in Speedlight with Nikon i-TTL flash metering and two-group Wireless Commander: Nikon?s acclaimed i-TTL flash control evaluates flash exposure with greater precision to achieve better automatic flash balance and deliver outstanding results with SB-600, SB-800 or SB-R200 Speedlights.
- 2.5 inch LCD color monitor with 170-degree, wide-angle viewing: Playback images can be viewed easily from all angles with extraordinary color and clarity.
- 11-area AF system with Wide-area Center Segment and Auto-area AF functions:Nikon?s Multi-CAM 1000 provides maximum flexibility and optimum performance under varied shooting situations. 11-area autofocus system features a cross-type sensor in the center, broad frame coverage, as well as class-leading low light detection and convenient AF-assist illuminator to aid in low-light conditions. New Wide Area AF option gives greater compositional freedom when shooting sports and action.
- Seven Digital Vari-Programs plus Programmed Auto with Flexible Program, Shutter-Priority Auto, Shutter-Priority Auto and Manual: Digital Vari-Programs include: Auto Portrait, Landscape, Macro Close up Sports, Night landscape, Night portrait each of which adjust automatically for optimal results under varied conditions - automatically.
- Image Optimization Mode: Optimize color, contrast, sharpening as well as other image settings according to the type of scene or output desired. Options include: Normal, Softer, Vivid, More Vivid, Portrait, Custom, Black and White
- Large, bright 0.94x viewfinder: Optical glass viewfinder features large (0.94X) magnification making composing frames easier while overall viewfinder brightness makes low-light photography possible.
- Built-in Slideshow function with Pictmotion: Select a range of images, pick a style and add music for beautiful picture presentations delivered from the D80 to a television or simply view on the camera?s 2.5 inches LCD. Effects include: slide-in, slide-out, fade-in, and fade-out
- Type of Camera: Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Effective Pixels: 10.2 million
- Image Sensor: RGB CCD, 23.6 x 15.8mm; total pixels: 10.75 million, Nikon DX format
- Image Size (pixels): 3,872 x 2,592 [L], 2,896 x 1,944 [M], 1,936 x 1,296 [S]
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index): 100 to 1600 (ISO equivalent) in steps of 1/3 EV, plus HI-0.3, HI-0.7 and HI-1
- Storage Media: SD memory card
- Storage System: Compressed NEF (RAW): 12-bit compression, JPEG: JPEG baseline-compliant
- File System: Exif 2.21, Compliant DCF 2.0 and DPOF
- White Balance: Auto (TTL white balance with 420-pixel RGB sensor), six manual modes with fine-tuning, color temperature setting (Kelvin), preset white balance; white balance bracketing also available
- LCD Monitor: 2.5-in., 230,000-dot, low-temperature polysilicon TFT LCD with brightness adjustment allows up to 170-degree viewing angle.
- Playback Function: 1) Full frame; 2) Thumbnail (4 or 9 segments); 3) Zoom; 4) Slideshow (Standard or Pictmotion); 5) RGB histogram indication; 6) Shooting data; 7) Highlight point display; 8) Auto image rotation
- Delete Function: Card format, All photographs delete, Selected photographs delete
- Video Output: Can be selected from NTSC and PAL
- Interface: USB 2.0 (Hi-speed) (mini-B connector); SD card slot: supports firmware updates via SD cards
- Text Input: Up to 36 characters of alphanumeric text input available with LCD monitor and multi-selector; stored in Exif header
- Compatible Lenses: Nikon F mount (with AF coupling and AF contacts)
- Picture Angle: Equivalent in 35mm  format is approx. 1.5 times lens focal length
- Viewfinder: Fixed eye-level pentaprism; built-in diopter adjustment (-2.0 to +1.0m-1)
- Eyepoint: 19.5mm (-1.0m-1)
- Focusing Screen: Type-B BriteView Clear Matte screen Mark II with superimposed focus brackets and On-Demand grid lines
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage: Approx. 95% (vertical and horizontal)
- Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 0.94x with 50mm lens at infinity; -1.0m-1
- Viewfinder Information: Focus indications, Metering system, AE/FV lock indicator, Flash sync indicator, Shutter speed, Aperture value, Exposure/Exposure compensation indicator, ISO sensitivity, Exposure mode, Flash output level compensation, Exposure compensation, Number of remaining exposures
- Autofocus: TTL phase detection by Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus module with AF-assist illuminator (approx. 0.5m to 3.0m); Detection range: EV -1 to +19 (ISO 100 equivalent, at normal temperature: 20 degrees C/68 degrees F)
- Lens Servo: Instant single-servo (AF-S); continuous-servo (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); manual (M); predictive focus tracking automatically activated according to subject status in continuous-servo AF
- Focus Areas: 11 areas; any single area can be selected; center focus area can be switched from normal to wide-frame
- AF Area Modes: 1) Single Area AF: Focuses only on subjects in the selected area. Selection can be made from any one of the eleven AF spot sensors. 2) Dynamic Area AF: Focuses on subject in the selected area, but follows the subject if it moves from its original position, shifting instantly and automatically to the focus area into which the subject has moved. 3) Auto-area AF: measures all 11 focus areas, automatically determines which of them are on the primary subject, and activates only those areas.
- Focus Lock: Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
- Exposure Metering System: Three-mode through-the-lens (TTL) exposure metering; 1) 3D Color Matrix Metering II (type G and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses); metering performed by 420-segment RGB sensor; 2) Center-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 6, 8, or 10mm diameter circle in center of frame; 3) Spot: Meters 3.5mm diameter circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on active focus area (on center focus area when non-CPU lens is used, or if Auto-area AF is selected)
- Exposure Metering Range (ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 degrees C/68 degrees F): 1) EV 0 to 20 (3D Color Matrix or center-weighted metering); 2) EV 2 to 20 (spot metering)
- Exposure Meter Coupling: CPU coupling
- Exposure Modes: Digital Vari-Program (Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Macro Close up, Sports, Night Landscape, Night Portrait); Programmed Auto [P] with flexible program; Shutter-Priority Auto [S]; Aperture Priority Auto [A]; Manual [M]
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- Exposure Lock: Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
- Auto Exposure and Flash Bracketing: 2 to 3 exposures in increments between 1/3 to 2.0 EV
- Shooting Modes: 1) Single frame shooting mode; 2) Continuous shooting mode: approx. 3 frames per second; 3) Self-timer; 4) Delayed remote mode; 5) Quick-response remote mode
- Shutter: Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal plane shutter, 30 to 1/4000 sec. in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, bulb Sync Contact: X-contact only; flash synchronization at up to 1/200 sec.
- Flash Control: 1) TTL: TTL flash control by 420-pixel RGB sensorBuilt-in Flash, SB-800, SB-600: i-TTL balanced fill-flash (except when using spot metering exposure mode), Built-in Flash, SB-800, SB-600: standard i-TTL flash (when using spot metering); 2) Auto aperture: Available with SB-800 with CPU lens; 3) Non-TTL Auto: Available with Speedlights such as SB-800, 80DX, 28DX, 28, 27, and 22s; 4) Range-priority manual; available with SB-800
- Flash Sync Mode: 1) Auto; 2) Fill-in flash; 3) Red-eye Reduction; 4) Red-eye Reduction with Slow Sync; 5) SlowSync; 6) Rear-curtain Sync; 7) Off
- Built-in Flash: (Auto, Portrait, Macro Close up, Night Portrait) auto flash with auto pop-up; Manual pop-up with button releaseGuide number (ISO 100, m/ft.): approx. 13/42
- Flash Compensation: -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- Accessory Shoe: Standard ISO hot-shoe contact with safety lock provided
- Self-timer: Electronically controlled timer with 2 to 20 seconds duration (2, 5, 10, and 20 second selectable)
- Depth of Field Preview: When CPU lens is attached, lens aperture can be stopped down to value selected by user (A and M modes) or value selected by camera (P and S modes)
- Remote Control: Via MC-DC1 Remote Cord (optional) or ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control (optional)
- Power Source: One EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MB-D80 battery pack (optional) with one or two rechargeable Nikon EN-EL3e Li-ion batteries or six AA alkaline (LR6), Ni-MH (HR6), lithium (FR6) batteries, or nickel-manganese (ZR6) AA batteries, EH-5 AC Adapter (optional)
- Tripod Socket: 1/4 in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 5.2 x 4.1 x 3.0 in. (132 x 103 x 77mm)
- Weight: Approximately 1 lb. 5 oz. (585g) without battery, memory card, body cap, or monitor cover
- Optional Accessories: MB-D80 Multi-Power Battery Pack, DK-21M Magnifying Eyepiece, EH-5 AC Adapter, ML-L3 Wireless MC-DC1 Remote Control, Remote Cord, SB-800/SB-600/SB-R200 Speedlights, Capture NX, Camera Control Pro
- Versatile, High-power 7.5x Zoom-Nikkor lens (Approximates the picture angle performance of a 28-200mm lens on 35mm SLR).
- A Nikon Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element delivers superior optical performance. ED glass minimizes chromatic aberrations, contributing to superb contrast and resolution performance.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Focus as close as 1.47 ft throughout entire zoom range.
- Non-Rotating front element provides for convenient use of circular polarizing filters and the Nikon Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System.
- A compact Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast and quiet autofocusing, along with quick switching between autofocus and manual operation (M/A and M).
- A seven-blade rounded diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- 67mm filter attachment size.
- Type of lens: G-Type AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor lens with built-in CPU and Nikon bayonet mount (Designed exclusively for use with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras)
- Focal length: Approximates the picture angle performance of a 28-200mm lens on 35mm SLR
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5 - f/5.6
Lens construction : 15 elements in 13 groups (with one ED glass element and two aspherical lens elements)
- Picture angle: 76 degrees - 12 degrees
- Focal length scale: 18, 24, 35, 50, 70, 105, 135 mm
- Distance information : Output to camera body
- Zoom control: Manually via zoom ring
- Focusing: Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) system utilizing an internal Silent Wave Motor; manually via focusing ring
- Closest focus distance: 1.5 feet (0.45m) at all zoom settings
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded)
- Diaphragm: Fully automatic
- Aperture range: f/3.5 to f/22 (at 18mm) f/5.6 to f/38 (at 135mm)
- Exposure measurement : Via full-aperture method
- Filter/attachment size: 67mm
- Focus method: Compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor)
- Dimensions: (approx.) 2.9 in. x 3.4 in. (80 x 143.5mm)
- Weight: (approx.) 13.6 oz (745g)
- Included accessories: LC-67 67mm snap-on front lens cap, LF-1 rear lens cap, HB-32 bayonet hood, CL-0915 flexible lens pouch
- Optional accessories: 67mm screw-in filters
D80 Body; #2162
18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens
EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
MH-18a Quick Charger
EG-D2 Video Cable
UC-E4 USB Cable
BF-1A Body Cap
DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
DK-21 Rubber Eyecup
BM-7 LCD Monitor Cover
Accessory Shoe Cover
Nikon PictureProject Software
FREE 2GB MEMORY CARD!