Size (when closed):
- Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
- Approximately 8 ounces.
- Final design is TBA.
- Top Screen:
- 3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
- Touch Screen:
- 3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
- One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
- Pre-Installed Software:
- Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
- 2 GB Max. at launch.
- Wireless Communication:
- Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.
Other Input Controls:
3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS? family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.
Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.
Lithium ion battery details TBA.
Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included.