Real 3D Graphics. No Glasses Needed.
Introducing the Nintendo 3DS system. Experience incredible gameplay featuring real 3D graphics, with no need for special glasses. Nintendo 3DS is a breakthrough in portable entertainment, a truly cutting-edge piece of hardware. It has to be seen to be believed.
The Nintendo 3DS system opens up a whole new world of eye-popping gameplay possibilities. The stereoscopic 3D display of the upper screen gives objects within the game world a feeling of space and depth that extends far into the back of the screen. It becomes easier to see the position of characters and obstacles in the world, making many game experiences even more intuitive for all types of players.
3D Depth Slider
A built-in 3D Depth Slider allows you to immediately adjust the intensity of the 3D settings on the Nintendo 3DS system to your liking. The 3D effect can also be turned down completely-all Nintendo 3DS games and applications can be played in 2D, and look better than any Nintendo handheld before it.
Motion Sensor & Gyro Sensor
Portable play control reaches a new level with these amazing features, allowing for new & unique gameplay mechanics. A built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor can react to the motion and tilt of the system, so whether players are twisting their systems side to side or moving them up and down, their motion-compatible Nintendo 3DS games respond instantly.
Game graphics have never looked better on a Nintendo handheld system, thanks to the two screens of the Nintendo 3DS system. A widescreen display on the top screen shows 800x240 pixel resolution, allocating 400 pixels for each eye to create the 3D effect. The bottom LCD touch screen operates at a resolution of 320x240 - with both screens capable of displaying a brilliant 16.77 million colors.
With the Circle Pad, located above the + Control Pad, Nintendo 3DS offers full analog control in 3D game worlds. Combined with the touch screen, traditional buttons, camera and microphone input, and advanced motion control of the Motion Sensor and Gyro Sensor, the potential is extraordinary.
The Nintendo 3DS system uses its two outer cameras to see the world in 3D, much like the human eye. This allows for the creation of 3D photos, 3D video, and even 3D stop-motion animations, that make for an eye-popping addition to your next photo op. Check out the Nintendo 3DS Photo Showcase. Browse featured galleries of user-submitted photos updated weekly, and submit your own.
All Nintendo 3DS systems come with a Stylus to allow for precise touch controls on the bottom screen. The Nintendo 3DS XL comes with a comfortable, full-sized Stylus.
SD Memory Card Included
Every Nintendo 3DS system comes packed with a SD Memory Card. You can use this SD Memory Card to store your 3D photos, and sound recordings created on the Nintendo 3DS system, and music from your PC. You can also use it to store games downloaded from the Nintendo eShop. The Nintendo 3DS system has SDHC card compatibility to increase your storage space even further. Nintendo 3DS systems come with a 2GB SD Memory Card and Nintendo 3DS XL systems come with a 4GB SD Memory Card. Nintendo 3DS is compatible with MP3 and AAC file formats.
Almost all existing Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games can be played on a Nintendo 3DS system in 2D. With backwards compatibility, your existing portable games look and play just as well. Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games will be displayed in 2D graphics. Select Nintendo DS games that use accessories in the Game Boy Advance slot of the Nintendo DS system are not compatible with the Nintendo 3DS system.
Featuring greatly enhanced graphics, a host of built-in software, and robust wireless connectivity, the Nintendo 3DS system advances the realm of portable entertainment in a number of ways.
- Wide-screen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses. Capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors. 3.53 inches display (3.02 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution. 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.
- LCD with a touch screen capable of displaying 16.77 million colors. 3.02 inches (2.42 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution.
- One inner camera and two outer cameras. Resolutions are 640 x 480 for each camera. Lens are single focus and uses the CMOS capture element. The active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.
- 2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA/WPA2 security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the enviromental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Input Controls Input controls are the following:
- A/B/X/Y Button, +Control Pad, L/R Button, START/SELECT
- Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input)
- Touch screen
- Embedded microphone
- Motion sensor
- Gyro sensor
Other input controls are the following:
- 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect)
- HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu)
- Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play)
- POWER button
- Game Card slot
- SD Card slot
- Cradle connector
- AC adapter connector
- Audio jack (stereo output)
- Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).
- Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94 inches when fully extended).
- AC adaptor (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].
- About 3.5 hours
- When playing Nintendo 3DS software about 3-5 hours. When playing Nintendo DS software about 5-8 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery duration is a rough standard. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Nintendo 3DS system are used.
- Nintendo 3DS Game Card, The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card
Size (when open):
- 6.81" high, 6.14 inches long
- Screens (Diagonal) - Top: 4.88" Bottom: 4.18
- Weight: 12 ounces