Olympus DS-50 Digital Recorder Box
In addition to capturing stereo sound from meetings, interviews and other critical information expected of professional digital recorders, you can control recording and stop functions with the included remote control. The super-high-quality sound is also great for dictation ? it?s the ideal professional audio device.
275 HOURS 20 MINUTES RECORDING TIME.
Enjoy over 275 hours of continuous recording time in LP mode with 1GB of internal flash memory.
HIGH-SENSITIVITY DETACHABLE STEREO MICROPHONE.
Capture the richness you want with super-high-quality sound.
Ensures seamless operation of various complex functions.
DSS PLAYER VER.7 SOFTWARE.
Supports the automatic download of Podcast contents.
- Stores highly compressed WMA (Windows Media Audio) format voice messages in integrated flash memory.
- Playback and store WMA and MP3 music files.
- High-sensitivity detachable stereo microphone included, offering excellent portability.
- Built-in monaural microphone for monaural recording.
- Three modes of microphone sensitivity to meet recording needs.
- Several recording modes can be selected including stereo recording modes ST XQ or ST HQ, and three types of monaural recording modes including HQ, SP, and LP.
- Five voice folders can save up to 200 messages per folder. Music, Podcast, and Audible folder are also available.
- New, brighter high-contrast monochrome LCD panel with backlight.
- The voice guidance feature gives audio notification of operating conditions. It ensures seamless operation of various complex functions.
- Built-in Variable Control Voice Actuator (VCVA) function.
- Timer Recording and Alarm features enable automatic recording and playing at a set time.
- The Low Cut Filter minimizes air conditioner noise and other similar noises while recording.
- Index mark and temp mark features allow you to quickly find desired locations.
- Variable playback speed can be controlled as preferred.
- Choose from four playback functions: Repeat, Skip, Fast, and Slow.
- Noise Cancel Function and Voice Filter Function cut noise and enable clear audio playback.
- Can be used as a USB microphone or USB speaker.
- Can be utilized as external memory to store pictures, text data, etc.
- An included remote control (RS29) can be attached to the recorder to control recording and stop functions.
- DSS Player Software (included) enables easy archiving, editing and further processing of recordings.
- By registering favorite Podcast programs in DSS Player, you can download the latest broadcasting content automatically. New content can be transferred to the recorder simply by connecting it to a computer.
- Compatible with Audible.com files. Store and listen to audible contents purchased from Audible.com in the recorder.
- The optional AC adapter is available for longer recording.
- Up to 32 hours of continuous operation with two AAA batteries.
|Recording Format ||WMA (Windows Media Audio) |
|Recording Media ||Built-in 1GB flash memory|
|Recording Time ||ST XQ mode: 17 hours 30 minutes|
ST HQ mode: 35 hours 10 minutes
HQ mode: 70 hours 20 minutes
SP mode: 138 hours 30 minutes
LP mode: 275 hours 20 minutes
|Card Format ||N/A|
|Input Level ||-70 dBv|
|PC Interface ||USB|
|LCD ||26 mm x 25 mm|
|LED ||Two colors (red = record; green = playback)|
|Folders Messages ||5/200 per folder|
|Sampling Frequency ||STXQ/STHQ/HQ: 44.1 kHz /SP: 22 kHz /LP: 8kHz|
|Overall Frequency Response ||STXQ: 50-19000Hz/ STHQ: 50-16000Hz/ HQ: 50-13000Hz/ SP:100-8000Hz/ LP:100-3000Hz|
|LP Mode ||Yes|
|Voice Activation ||Available, Switchable On/Off|
|Demographic Data Input ||Yes|
|Practical Maximum Output ||250 mW|
|Write Protection ||Yes|
|Speaker ||23 mm diameter round dynamic speaker|
|Microphone Jack ||3.5 mm mini-jack, impedance 680 ohms|
|Earphone Jack ||3.5 mm mini-jack, impedance 8 ohms or more|
|Power Supply ||Rated Voltage: 3V DC|
Batteries: Two AAA
External Power Supply: AC Adapter
|Batteries ||Two AAA batteries|
|External Power Supply ||Available|
|Battery Life ||Approx. 32 hours (using alkaline dry cell battery)|
|Size ||4.4" x 1.5" x 0.6" (111 x 37.5 x 16 mm) with bundled ME53S microphone, excluding protrusions|
|Weight ||2.8 oz (80 grams), including bundled ME53S microphone and alkaline batteries|
|OS Supported ||Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional,|
Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista (requires firmware and software updates)
Macintosh OS X version 10.3.9 ("Panther") and later (requires DSS Player for Macintosh v. 7.0.1 or later. Download it here.)
|CPU ||Intel Pentium II class 333 MHz processor or more|
|RAM ||128 MB or more (256MB or more is recommended)|
|Sound Board ||Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or 100% compatible sound card|
|Video Card and Display ||800 x 600 pixels or more, 256 colors or more|
|Removable Drive ||2x or faster CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM drive|
|USB Port ||One free port|
|Audio Output ||Speaker or earphone output |