The DS-61 finds just the right balance between price and performance. Fill its 2GB of file storage space with MP3s, audiobook files or podcasts and record your notes and meetings in the especially versatile WMA format for a stress-free audio processing experience. This blue-coloured model comes complete with a handy carry case.
Record high quality sound, by remote control and from any direction, with the new direction microphone modes. The six different recording modes (three stereo and three monaural) allow you capture stereo sound from meetings, interviews and other critical information expected of professional digital recorders. With 2GB of built in memory, you?ll have 530 hours or recording time so you?ll never miss a beat! With the DSS Player software and Podcasting capabilities ? it?s the ideal professional audio device.
530 Hours Recording Time .
Enjoy over 530 hours of continuous recording time in LP mode with 2GB of internal flash memory.
High Sensitive Detachable Stereo Microphone
Along with the removable microphone, this little device features four directional microphone modes and euphony, which supports surround sound.
Ensures seamless operation of various complex functions as you move through the menu.
DSS Player Software Version 7
Supports the automatic download of Podcast contents, and provides great file management options.
- Up to 530 Hours of recording with the built in 2 GB internal memory
- Versatile recording quality option :
- Mono: LP, SP, HQ
- Stereo: STSP, STHQ, STXQ
- Enhanced voice guidance system: dictates information about battery levels, intro scan playback and leads users through the set-up navigation
- Ease of use: includes a large, high-contrast LCD screen with backlight plus prominent, precision buttons
- Podcast function with bookmarking for easy stop-and-go listening
- Customisable playback speed of 50-200%
- Simple to manage: five storage folders plus music folder (up to 200 messages per folder), one music folder, plus automatic archiving and synchronisation
- Longer lasting: two AAA batteries provide up to 26 hours' earphone playback or over 30 hours? recording time
- Fast-transfer ready: move files to or from PCs via a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable
- High-sensitivity detachable stereo microphone included, offering excellent portability.
- Built-in monaural microphone for monaural recording.
- Four direction microphones modes to capture everything and Euphony, along with a surround sound system.
- Built-in Variable Control Voice Actuator (VCVA) function.
- Timer Recording and Alarm features enable automatic recording and playing at a set time.
- Index mark and temp mark features allow you to quickly find desired locations.
- Choose from four playback functions: Repeat, Skip, Fast and Slow.
- Noise Cancel Function and Voice Filter Function cut noise and enable clear audio playback.
|Recording Format ||WMA (Windows Media Audio) |
|Recording Media ||Built-in 2 GB flash memory|
|Recording Time ||ST XQ mode: Approximately 33 hours, 50 minutes|
ST HQ mode: Approximately 67 hours, 40 minutes
ST SP mode: Approximately 135 hours, 30 minutes
HQ mode: Approximately 135 hours, 30 minutes
SP mode: Approximately 266 hours, 50 minutes
LP mode: Approximately 530 hours, 50 minutes
|Input Level ||-63 dBv|
|PC Interface ||USB|
|LED ||Two colors (red = record; green = playback)|
|Folders Messages ||Voice: 5 folders / Up to 200 messages per folder|
Audible: 1 folder / Up to 200 files
Music: 1 folder / Up to 200 files
Up to 128 folders, including the pre-created Podcast folder, can be added in up to two layers beneath the Music folder. Each folder can hold up to 200 files.
|Sampling Frequency ||STEREO XQ mode: 44.1 kHz|
STEREO HQ mode: 44.1 kHz
STEREO SP mode: 22 kHz
HQ mode: 44.1 kHz
SP mode: 22 kHz
LP mode: 8 kHz
|Overall Frequency Response ||STEREO XQ mode: 50-19,000 Hz|
STEREO HQ mode: 50-16,000 Hz
STEREO SP mode: 50-9,000 Hz
HQ mode: 50-13,000 Hz
SP mode: 100-8,000 Hz
LP: 100-3,000 Hz
|LP Mode ||Yes|
|Voice Activation ||Yes|
|Demographic Data Input ||Yes|
|Practical Maximum Output ||250 mW|
|Write Protection ||Yes|
|Speaker ||23 mm round dynamic speaker|
|Microphone Jack ||3.5 mm / Impedance, 1.4 kohms|
|Earphone Jack ||3.5 mm / Impedance, 8 ohms|
|Power Supply ||Two AAA alkaline (LR03 or R03) batteries or two AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries or AC power supply|
|Batteries ||Two AAA alkaline batteries|
|External Power Supply ||Yes|
|Battery Life ||Alkaline: Recording - Approximately 32 hours;|
NiMH: Recording - Approximately 22 hours
|Size ||4.37 x 1.48 x 0.63 in. (111 x 37.5 x 16 mm) without protrusions|
|Weight ||2.8 oz. (80 g) with microphone|
|OS Supported ||Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional|
Windows XP Professional, Home Edition
Windows Vista Ultimate, Enterprise, Business, Home Premium,Home Basic
|CPU ||Windows 2000/XP: Intel Pentium II class 333 MHz processor or more (If recording to a hard disk directly with the WMA format, please use in the range of 500 MHz or more)|
Windows Vista: 800 MHz or more
|RAM ||50 MB or more|
|Sound Board ||Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or 100%-compatible sound card|
|Video Card and Display ||800 x 600 pixels or more, 256 colors or more|
|Removable Drive ||2x or faster CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW or DVD-ROM drive|
|USB Port ||At least one free USB port|
|Audio Output ||Speaker or earphone output |