Shoot outside the box with the world?s smallest and lightest image-stabilized digital SLR. The DSLR that puts creative freedom in the palm of your hands. Six creative in-camera art filters, Multiple Exposure shooting and a swivel Live View 2.7" HyperCrystal III LCD offer artistic freedom and endless creative possibilities. The 12.3-megapixel Live MOS sensor and TruePic III+ processor provide exceptional picture quality. With in-body Image Stabilization and small 16.76-ounce body, the E-620 is a camera that truly lets you shoot outside the frame.
ADD STYLE TO YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY WITH SIX ART FILTERS.
From the bright colors of Pop Art to the gritty black and white of Grainy Film, the six in-camera art filters transform your photography into works of art. Pop Art super-saturates colors, creating brighter, more vivid photographs. Soft Focus creates a dreamlike quality giving photographs a fantasy feel. Pale and Light Color brings soft, flat light and pastel coloring to photographs. Grainy Film produces a gritty high-contrast black-and-white film look. Light Tone brightens the image and its darker areas, providing more detail. Pin Hole darkens the outer edges of a photograph, therefore enhancing the subject in the center and bringing the photograph to life.
CREATE UNIQUE, STRIKING IMAGES WITH MULTIPLE EXPOSURE SHOOTING.
With this new camera's Multiple Exposure function you are free to tell a visual story your way, whether in a portrait, a landscape or a combination of both. The image capture options allow you to shoot two shots on the same frame, use a save shot and then shoot another, or to capture up to 3 shots separately and combine them in the camera later. Superimpose your own portrait with a starry night sky to create a photo with the impact you desire. Let your imagination lead you to new creative discoveries.
CREATIVE IDEAS COME IN ALL SIZES WITH MULTI-ASPECT RATIO SHOOTING.
Since photography is a form of expression that is essentially based on clipping a scene, framing is an important component of style. The E-620 provides four aspect ratios to frame your image to the desired proportions, including: the standard 4:3 aspect ratio that is suited for an 8" x 10" enlargement; the 16:9 aspect ratio that will display your images beautifully in widescreen television format; 6:6 for a square image, and 3:2 for the popular 4" x 6" print size.
AF LIVE VIEW WITH 2.7" HYPERCRYSTAL III SWIVEL LCD.
The E-620's 100 percent accurate 270 degree swivel 2.7-inch Live View HyperCrystal III LCD can be rotated freely so photographers can compose at any angle, including overhead and down low. This enables a photographer to compose a subject in the Live View LCD and see the results of the various creative features ? live as they're happening. The LCD displays in vivid color and provides a wide viewing angle of 176 degrees, which ensures images can be composed from even the most obscure angles.
FAST AND ACCURATE: SEVEN POINT TWIN AUTOFOCUS.
The new 7-point twin cross AF system provides fast and accurate focusing with the speed that rivals the World Class E-3 AF system. Super sensitive 7-point Twin including, 5-Twin Cross AF target points, can measure focus both vertically and horizontally, so regardless of the subject, focusing is super-simple and fast. With a dedicated Phase Detection AF sensor, shooting moving subjects, like a runner crossing the finish line, is lightning fast. In low-light situations, this is the AF option of choice to quickly lock focus, so that a loved one?s face illuminated only by candlelight is in sharp focus.
LIVE VIEW AF: ELEVEN POINT IMAGER AUTOFOCUS.
In Live View the E-620 uses the advanced Autofocus technology of the E-30 with 11 dedicated AF points for fast and accurate focus. Whether using the face detection feature or close focusing on a flower, this system provides quick response times and is a simple as just pressing the shutter button. You no longer have to wait, Live View is now fast and simple -- no harder than a point and shoot.
GET CLEAR AND COLORFUL PHOTOS WITH THE 12.3 MEGAPIXEL LIVE MOS.
The E-620 packs a 12.3 MP Live MOS sensor and the TruePic III+ image processing engine to provide accurate color fidelity, sharp detail, professional picture quality, and overall superior performance. The sensor delivers excellent dynamic range and a state-of-the-art amplifier circuit to reduce noise and capture fine image details in both highlight and shadow areas. Olympus' TruePic III+ Image Processor produces clear and colorful photos using all the pixel information for each image to provide the best digital images possible. The new image processor is noted for accurate natural color, true-to-life flesh tones, brilliant blue skies, and precise tonal expression.
IN BODY IMAGE STABILIZATION (3 MODES).
The E-620 features In-body Image Stabilization. That means you can use any Four Thirds lens, from wide-angle to telephoto, for perfectly clear, crisp photos no matter what the shooting situation, even in low light situations. With the E-620, you can compensate for camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps.
FACE DETECTION (8 FACES).
Face Detection reduces the chance of blurred subjects in photography by distinguishing between people's faces and the background. It tracks up to eight faces within the image area, even if people are moving, and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures (ideal for large family or party group photos).
SHADOW ADJUSTMENT TECHNOLOGY.
Shadow Adjustment Technology compensates for extreme contrast when shadowed areas lack visible detail. Shadow Adjustment Technology adjusts the exposure in the shadows while retaining all the detail in the bright areas. This technology works automatically when using Face Detection Mode, Live View and in Scene-Select Modes.
PROVEN DUST REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY.
The Olympus dust reduction system is an industry first and a proven technology. Every time you turn on the E-620, our Supersonic Wave Filter - located between the shutter and the image sensor - silently vibrates an amazing 30,000 times per second. Dust will no longer get between you and a great shot.
- The six in-camera Art Filters allow you to replicate dramatic effects as you shoot using the Autofocus Live View LCD. Choose from Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale and Light Color, Grainy Film, Light Tone and Pin Hole Camera filters.
- Multiple Exposure Shooting allows you to alter space and time by combining images shot in different locations and moments, lending your photos another dramatic dimension. (2 Frames - up to 3 Images Overlay)
- Express yourself by altering how you frame the world -- choose from four aspect ratios, from the standard 4:3 to the cinematic 16:9. By selecting an aspect ratio before shooting and easily reviewing images on the LCD throughout the shoot, the Multi-Aspect function adds a new means of expression to your photography.
- On-screen Autofocus with Live View works as seamlessly as a point-and-shoot to display subjects, in focus, on the LCD the instant the shutter is pressed half way. The 2.7-inch dual-axis, high-definition, Live View monitor swivels 270 degrees so you can capture dramatic images, even at difficult-to-shoot angles.
- The 7 Point Twin AF system has 5 Twin Cross AF points with two horizontal and two vertical lines and two twin vertical pairs in a houndstooth alignment which allow for more accurate focusing than a single line sensor. Twin AF points means you'll get accurate focus and capture the best images possible.
- The powerful 12.3-megapixel Live-MOS sensor means you'll capture more detail than ever before in your pictures. And you'll have the flexibility to crop and still produce large, detailed prints.
- In-Body Image Stabilization is a state-of-the-art technology, that prevents camera shake. Built into the camera body, Olympus image stabilization works by moving the image sensor and it works with all Four Thirds Zuiko Digital lenses from the 8mm fisheye (16mm equivalent in 35mm photography) to the 300mm super telephoto (600mm equivalent) for handheld shots. Shoot in low light and slower shutter speeds without worry.
- Tracks up to 8 faces and automatically focuses and optimizes exposures for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.
- Shadow Adjustment Technology brings out more details in shadows. It captures scenes exactly as you see them, even in challenging situations -- for example, when shooting a backlit subject.
- The Olympus dust reduction system is an industry first and a proven technology. Every time you turn on the E-620, the Supersonic Wave Filter -- located between the shutter and the image sensor -- silently vibrates an amazing 30,000 times per second. Dust is flung away and collected so it can't come back.
- The E-620 is compatible with the Olympus FL-50R and FL-36R wireless electronic flashes that are designed exclusively for digital photography. Gain remote control of up to 200 flashes divided into as many as 3 groups for easy camera controlled wireless flash, without needing an external commander unit.
- Olympus' TruePic III+ Image Processor produces clear and colorful photos using all the pixel information for each image to provide the best digital images possible, it also lowers image noise in photos shot at higher ISO settings, enabling great results in low-light situations.
- Fire off a burst of shots at 4 frames per second continuous shooting. The E-620's burst rate is perfect for capturing the ideal shot at a backyard birthday party or at a youth soccer game.
- 13 Scene-Select Modes including two new underwater modes.
- With a wide range of shutter speeds -- from two Seconds to 1/4000 of a second -- you can take full advantage of high optical performance of Zuiko Digital lenses.
- With the E-620, there are five Metering Modes: Digital ESP metering, Center weighted averaging metering, and three types of spot metering including shadow and highlight spot metering. Simply select the most suitable mode for the shooting condition.
- The E-620 is equipped with illuminated buttons on its body that are easily viewable in low light to quickly find the settings you want.
- The Automatic Pixel Mapping function inside the camera helps prevent faulty pixels from affecting image quality. This feature can be manually selected from the camera?s menu and takes only seconds to complete.
- The E-620 has dual memory slots that hold Compact Flash Type I and Type II, Microdrive and xD Picture Cards. It is UDMA media compatible for the highest performance. Use the dual slot design to transfer images you want to save from one card to another. Manage your memories better.
- With a 96% field-of-view viewfinder you'll have a clear and accurate view of your subject.
- Choose from 34 different languages in the menu system.