The World's Most Advanced Image Stabilization
The OM-D E-M5 Mark II features the most sophisticated image stabilization technology ever offered in an interchangeable lens camera. The ultra-sensitive 5-axis VCM (voice coil motor) system is so responsive and accurate, you can shoot sharp images in low light and capture silky smooth video, hand-held without a tripod. The E-M5 Mark II is also a bring-it-anywhere portable system camera that is nearly 40% lighter than conventional DSLR's and its durable all metal body is sealed for splashproof, dustproof and freezeproof protection.
Optimized for Minimalist Video Shooting
Quite simply, the E-M5 Mark II is the world's best interchangeable lens camera for "run and gun" spontaneous video shooting. With its unobtrusive size and 5-axis IS technology, the E-M5 Mark II lets you shoot hand-held and still capture cinema-quality movies. Pro-level features give you the flexibility to experiment, and an all-new robust touch screen interface allows for adjustments to AF point, exposure, aperture, shutter speed and more without interrupting recording.
The Mark of Photographic Excellence
The E-M5 Mark II sits squarely in the sweet spot for the creative shooter who needs a portable system with all the power to realize their creative pursuits. High-speed sensor and image processor. Large interactive EVF. Touch and Swivel LCD monitor with convenient variable angle positioning. Lightning-fast autofocus with coverage of almost the full frame and Manual Focus options that nail everything from serious fast sports action to dramatic portraits.
It Takes a "System"
Your camera system is only as good as the lenses and accessories that complete it, and in this regard the E-M5 Mark II is in very good company. Start with precision M.Zuiko lenses, a comprehensive line-up of professional-grade glass with optics designed for digital capture that deliver unparalleled resolution and overall image quality. Add flashes, grips, powered battery holders and other goodies and you're ready to rock.
Ban the Blur
With the E-M5 Mark II, Olympus has once again raised the bar on image stabilization technology, with an industry-leading five steps of compensation - that's the most sophisticated image stabilization in the world! No matter how you move the camera - horizontal or vertical shift, pitch, yaw or roll - five-axis IS has you covered. And because the IS system is in the body of the camera, you'll get blur-free results regardless of which lens you use.
Fully Proofed and Portable
From the diamond textured dual control dials, to the 6 direct function buttons, the E-M5 Mark II is a highly accomplished ergonomic photographic tool. All external controls have been arranged for making quick changes to key settings on the fly second nature. Sealed for protection against moisture and dust, the E-M5 Mark II's durable all metal construction body supports a full array of similarly "proofed" accessories, including the bundled FL-LM3 swivel bounce flash and an optional powered battery grip as well as eight M.Zuiko Digital weather-sealed lenses. The camera's shape and materials were specifically chosen to keep the body slim but easy to hold and shoot with all day.
Upgrade Your Images
The high-speed 16 Megapixel Live MOS sensor/TruePic VII image processor combo that has won accolades from professional publications and websites is at the heart of the E-M5 Mark II's imaging performance. Also available: a 40 Megapixel high-resolution shooting option for landscapes and studio shots that require the maximum possible detail; 10fps burst shooting; a blazing fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec.; and a high-performance electronic first curtain and a purely electronic shutter for totally silent shooting.
Serious Movies Made Simple
Forget about obtrusive rigs that make shooting movies a production. The E-M5 Mark II's compact size and 5-axis image stabilization make it the world's best interchangeable lens camera for hand-held video. Pro-level features include high bit rate recording, variable frame rate and focus peaking while filming, and the Movie & Still Compatible lens drive mechanism, or MSC, found in M.Zuiko lenses eliminates auto focus sound for fast, smooth and silent autofocus operation while filming.
Leaves Nothing To Be Desired
You want pro features? The E-M5 Mark II's got 'em. Interactive, high-resolution and high magnificationelectronic viewfinder. Three-inch touch-screen LCD monitor, with variable angle positioning. Built-in WiFi for instant connectivity. Live Composite, which automatically blends multiple exposures for incredibly detailed night scenes. And compatibility with Olympus Capture camera control software, which creates a seamless interface between camera and computer for studio work.
- Type: Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens system camera
- Memory: SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I, II compatible, Eye-Fi Card compatible) *Not compatible with Endless Memory.
- Sensor Size: 17.3mm (H) x 13.0mm (V)
- Lens Mount: Micro Four Thirds Mount
- Type: 4/3 Live MOS Sensor
- Number of Pixels / Aspect Ratio: No. of effective pixels: Approx. 16.1 million px
- Total number of pixels: Approx. 17.2 million px
- Aspect ratio: 1.33 (4:3)
- Dust Reduction: Supersonic Wave Filter (image sensor dust reduction system)
- Recording Format: DCF, DPOF compatible / Exif, PRINT Image Matching III, MPO compatible
- File Format: RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW+JPEG, MPO (3D still)
Image Stabilization System
- Type: Built-in 5-axis* sensor-shift image stabilization for movie and still photos *yaw/pitch/roll/vertical shift/horizontal shift
- Mode: 4 modes (S-I.S.AUTO, S-I.S.1, S-I.S.2, S-I.S.3), OFF
- Live View Image Stabilization: Activation by half-pressing shutter button or enlarging view
- Stabilization Performance: 5.0 EV* / When using M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ (focal length =50mm (35mm equivalent with 100mm)) *Based on CIPA measurement conditions.
- Finder Type: Eye-level electronic viewfinder, approx. 2.36M-dot
- Field of View / Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 100% / Approx. 1.30x*1 - 1.48x*2 (-1m-1, 50mm lens, Infinity) / 1: at Finder Style 1, 2 (aspect 4:3) / 2: at Finder Style 3
- Eye Point / Diopter Adjustment Range: Approx. 21mm (-1m-1, Distance from rear lens surface) / -4 ~ +2m-1
- Preview: Live View preview with depth of field preview lock
- Level Gauge: 2-axis (horizontal/vertical) level gauge
- Brightness / Color Temperature Control: Automatic control of adaptive brightness technology / manual control (7 levels)
- Live View: Approx. 100% field of view, exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview, gradation preview, face detection preview (up to 8 faces), grid line, magnification display (x3/x5/x7/x10/x14), Display modes: Standard, Histogram, Highlight & Shadow, Level Gauge, Off (Image Only)
- Preview: Preview with depth of field preview lock
- Monitor Type: 3.0-inch vari-angle monitor. Approx. 1037k dots (3:2), electrostatic capacitance touch panel
- Touch Control: Shutter release, magnification, AF area selection, AF area size adjustment, frame forward/backward, magnified playback, Live Guide, Super Control Panel, Art Filter selection, scene mode selection, Wi-Fi connection, selfie shutter release
- Brightness / Color Temperature Control: +/-7 levels / +/-7 levels
- AF System: High-speed imager AF
- Focus Mode: Single AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF) / Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF tracking (C-AF + TR)
- Magnified Frame AF: Selectable from over 800 AF points - Selectable magnification: x3, x5, x7, x10 (Default), x14, Super Spot AF (Available only when a Micro Four Thirds lens is attached)
- Face Detection AF / Eye Detection AF: With / Eye Detection AF mode : off / nearer-eye priority / right-eye priority / left-eye priority
- Focusing Point / Focusing Point Selection Mode: 81-area multiple AF / All target, group target area (9-area), single target (normal), single target (small)
- AF Illuminator: Yes
- Manual Focus Assist: Focus ring rotation activates Live View image magnification and/or focus peaking when in S-AF+MF or MF mode
- Peaking Function: Activate with Fn button or focus ring / Change peaking settings using the Info button / Color selection: white, black, red, yellow / Intensity selection: high, normal, low / Back light effect: on, off
Exposure Control (Still)
- Metering System (TTL Image Sensor Metering): Digital ESP metering (324-area multi pattern metering), center-weighted average metering, spot metering, spot metering with highlight control, spot metering with shadow control
- Exposure Mode: i Auto, P: Program AE (Program shift can be performed), A: Aperture priority AE, S: Shutter priority AE, M: Manual, Bulb, Time, Scene select AE, Art Filter, Underwater wide / macro, My Set
- Scene Select AE: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Handheld Starlight*1, Night scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Conv., Wide Conv., Macro Conv., Panning, 3D.
- ISO Sensitivity: AUTO ISO : LOW (approx. 100) 25600 (customizable, Default : LOW-1600) - Manual ISO : LOW (approx.100), 200 - 25600, 1/3 or 1 EV steps selectable
- Exposure Compensation: Still photo +/-5 EV, movie +/-3 EV, with selectable EV adjustment steps (1/3, 1/2, 1). HDR shooting, monitor and EVF displays only up to +/-3 EV.
- Shutter Type: Focal-plane shutter / 1/8000 - 60 sec., with selectable EV adjustment steps (1/3, 1/2, 1)
- Bulb/Time: selectable exposure time (1/2/4/8/15/20/25/30 min.), with 8-min. default setting
- Flash Intensity Control Method: TTL Auto, Auto, Manual, Super FP (FP-TTL AUTO, FP-MANUAL)
- Bundled Standard Flash: FL-LM3 dustproof and splashproof flash / GN 9.1 ISO100 m / GN=12.9(ISO200 m) / Bounce Capability up and down 45, 60, 75, 90 degree / left and right 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 degree
- Flash Mode: Flash Auto, Redeye, Fill-in, Flash Off, Red-eye Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(2nd curtain), Manual 1/1 FULL 1/64
- Synchronization Speed: 1/250 sec. / Super FP: 1/125-1/8000 sec. / RC mode: 1/160 sec.
- Flash Intensity Control: Up to +/-3 EV in 0.3, 0.5, 1 EV steps selectable
- Sequential Shooting Maximum Speed: [Sequential shooting H mode] approx 10.0 fps / IS OFF. Focus and exposure are fixed at the values for the first shot. / [Sequential shooting L mode] approx 5.0 fps (When using the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ)
- Max. Recordable Pictures on Sequential Shooting: [RAW] Max. 8 frames (in 5.0 seq. shooting L) Max. 16 frames (in 10.0 seq. shooting H) / [JPEG] Max. 8 frames (in 5.0 seq. shooting L) Max. 19 frames (in 10.0 seq. shooting H). (When using the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f2.8 Pro)(With TOSHIBA SDHC UHS-II R95 W90 EXCERIA)
- Self-Timer: Operation time: 12 sec., 2 sec., custom (Wait time: 1-30 sec., Shot interval: 0.5/1/2/3 sec., Number of shots: 1-10, Every time AF: ON/OFF)
- Available Options: Exposure, ISO, White Balance, Flash, Art Filter
- HDR (Auto Composite): HDR1, HDR2 (painting-like) - ISO sensitivity fixed at 200, and maximum shutter speed setting is 4 sec. Exposure compensation can be performed
- Bracketing for HDRm Postprocess: 3 or 5 frames in 2.0/3.0EV steps selectable, 7 frames in 2.0EV steps selectable (This function does not execute HDR processing) (HDR function can be assigned to the Fn-button)
- Mode (Variation / Effect): Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, WaterColor, Vintage, Partial Color
- Art Effect: Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Blur Effect (Top & Bottom, Left & Right), B&W Effect (None, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green), Pict. Tone (None, Sepia, Blue, Purple, Green), Shade Effect (Top & Bottom, Left & Right)
- Color Ring (for partial color): 18 color selectable
- Recording Format: MOV (MPEG-4AVC/H.264), AVI (Motion JPEG)
- Mode / Frame Rate / Compression Method: (MOV), 1920x1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I), IPB (SF,F,N), 1920x1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N), 1280x720(HD) / 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I), IPB (SF,F,N), 60p 59.94 fps 50p 50.00 fps 30p 29.97 fps 25p 25.00 fps 24p 23.98 fps, FHD ALL-I (A-I approx. 77 Mbps), FHD IPB (SF approx. 52 Mbps F approx. 30 Mbps N approx. 18 Mbps), (AVI) , 1280x720(HD) / 30p, 640x480(SD) / 30p (Frame rates may drop when particular Art Filters and Movie Effect are used) (Class 10 or higher SD card is recommended for shooting movies) (UHS-II or UHS-I U3 card is recommended for ALL-I shooting.)
- Maximum Recording Time: [MOV] Approx. 29 min. [AVI] HD : Approx. 7 min.* / SD : Approx. 14 min. *Excluding when particular Art Filters are used
- Battery Life: Approx. 80 minutes* (under standard JEITA testing) Approx. 150 minutes* (when zoom and other operational functions are not used) *When repeatedly recording at the maximum time of 29 minutes
- Art Filter Movie: With *Frame rate: 30 fps or lower
- Movie Effect: One-shot Echo / Multi-echo / Art Fade / Old Film
- One-Push Movie Digital Converter: 4
- Time Lapse Movie: AVI Motion JPEG 1280:720 10 fps
- Photo in Movie: With (mode1* / mode2) *mode1 is available when recording frame rate is less than 30p
- Clips: 1, 2, 4, 8 sec. (Further continued shooting possible by pressing movie record button again)
- Quick Movie / Slow Movie: Yes
- Image Stabilization for Movie: M-IS1(Image sensor shift and electronic image stabilizer with multi motion IS), M-IS2(Image sensor shift with multi motion IS), Off *Field of view may be affected
- Grid Line / Focus Peaking: 4 types of grid lines / 4 colors for focus peaking
- Time Code: Rec run / free run, drop frame / non-drop frame
- Live View Output via HDMI: With (GUI* is shown on connected device only, and peaking function is not available when connected by HDMI) *GUI can be hidden on the connected device by pressing down on INFO button for recording an external drive under the following condition- Movie quality: YCbCr 4:2:2 / Frame rate: same as movie setting (24p, 30p and 60p settings are not recommended) / Sound recording: not available
- Exposure Control: Program AE, aperture priority AE, shutter priority AE, manual
- AE Lock: Yes
- Recording Format: Wave Format (Stereo linear PCM / 16-bit, Sampling frequency 48 kHz)
- Microphone / Speaker: Stereo/Mono
- Microphone Function: Wind noise reduction, Recording volume, Microphone volume limiter / Audio dubbing possible for still pictures (up to 30 sec.)
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, 7 Preset WBs, 4 Capture WBs, Custom WB (Kelvin setting)
- Color Matrix: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Mode: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Color Creator, Art Filters
- Gradation: Auto, Normal, High Key, Low Key [except Art Filters]
- Keystone Compensation: Yes (can be confirmed on Live View)
High Res Shot
- Resolution: Equivalent to 40M pixel sensor (8 shots combined into a single JPEG using sensor shift) / *Available in P/A/S/M mode, RAW+JPEG or JPEG / *JPEG: 7296 x 5472 / RAW: 9216 x 6912 / *RAW data can be developed in-camera. Development by PC is possible with the appropriate plug-in.
- Shutter Type / Shutter Speed: Electronic shutter / 1/8000 - 8 sec.
- Shutter Type / Shutter Speed: Electronic first curtain shutter / 1/320* - 60 sec. *For speeds over 1/320 sec., mechanical shutter will automatically be selected
- Shutter Start Delay: 0, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 15. 30 sec.
- Shutter Type / Shutter Speed: Electronic shutter / 1/16000 - 60 sec.
- Shutter Start Delay: 0, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 15. 30 sec.
Live Bulb / Live Time
- Update Interval Time: 0.5 sec. - 60 sec.
- Update Interval Time / Composite Method: 0.5 sec. - 60 sec. / Lighten Mode (Bright area prioritization)
- Interval Mode: Interval Time 1 sec. - 24 Hours, Max 999 frames *Available on making time-lapse movie automatically
- No. of Pictures / Function: 2 frames / Auto gain, Exposing on recorded picture (RAW)
One Push Tele-Converter
- GPS Info. Function: Via smartphone GPS data
- Wireless Shooting: Live View, Rec View, Wireless Touch AF shutter, Self Timer (w/ Countdown guidance, Sequential shooting, movie recording capability), Wireless Release, Movie Recording, Power Off / iAuto / ART / P / A / S / M (Live Bulb, Live Time) and drive mode can be selected* Aperture, shutter speed, exposure, ISO sensitivity, white balance can be adjusted *When in private connection
- Image Share: File Type: JPEG*, MOV / Connect to up to 4 devices simultaneously / Marking function for image share *Excluding MPO file
- Easy Connection: QR code setting
- Tethered Shooting: Via USB connection, with use of Olympus Capture tethering software (camera can be controlled by both the camera and computer)
- USB / AV / Remote Controller Connector: Dedicated multi-connector / [USB: USB2.0 Hi-Speed, Video: NTSC/PAL selectable, Optional Remote cable RM-UC1 compatible.]
- HDMI Connector: Micro HDMI Type-D
- Flash Attachment: Hot shoe / Sync. terminal
- Microphone Input Jack: 3.5 stereo mini jack
- Headphone Connector: None / Attachment of HLD-8G optional grip allows connection
- PC Interface: USB2.0 Hi-Speed
- TV Interface: HDMI out (HD / stereo), video out (SD / mono)
- DC Connector: None / attachment of HLD-8 power battery holder allows connection
- Battery: BLN-1 Li-ion battery (included)
- Power Battery Holder: HLD-8 Power Battery Holder separately available / Allows attachment of an additional BLN-1
- AC Adapter: AC-3 AC adapter* separately available *HLD-8 Power Battery Holder is required for connection
- Sleep Mode: Available (1/3/5 min. off)
Dimensions / Weight
- Dimensions: 4.87 in (W) 3.35 in (H) 1.75 in (D) / [CIPA guideline compliant, excluding protrusions]
- Weight: Approx. 16.54 oz [CIPA guideline compliant, with BLS-50 battery and Memory card] / Approx. 14.71 oz [body only]
- Temperature: 14 degrees - 104 degrees F (when in operation) / -4 degrees 140 degrees F (when stored)
- Humidity: 30 90% (when in operation) / 10 90% (when stored)