Pro quality you fit in your pocket. - You love being creative. But you also demand superior image quality and uncompromising performance. The PEN E-PL6 is the perfect choice with its sleek and compact body, complete with stylish red accents. Shoot images with stunning detail and vivid color thanks to a powerful tandem of a sizeable 16 MP Live MOS Sensor and our TruePic VI image processing engine. Technology like an AF Illuminator and an ISO with speeds that hit 25,600 capture crisp, clear shots in low light. Everything is fast on the PEN E-PL6 from the exceedingly responsive touch screen to 8 fps sequential shooting. Nourish your artistic side with Full HD Video 1080i and 12 Art Filters and Effects. Take full control of your settings with features such as My Set, and a customizable self timer. Unleash your creativity, apply new monochrome Art Filters Effects or edit RAW images right in the camera. The PEN E-PL6. All the professional features you need to take you to the next creative level in a compact and portable camera.
Blazing Speed - IMMEDIATE RESPONSE ONE-TOUCH SHUTTER AND CONTROL - The E-PL6's Touchscreen reacts quickly with the slightest touch and can focus by touch even if the subject is not in the center. Touch Screen display makes it easy to choose AF points, capture a picture, change camera settings, release the shutter or navigate controls, simply by touching the screen.
8FPS SEQUENTIAL SHOOTING - With the E-PL6 you can take up to eight photos a second, allowing you to easily capture that perfect shot, especially when your subject is moving.
FAST AF: Touch Focus and Short Release Time Lag - The F.A.S.T (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) AF System is able to focus at an incredible speed and offers 35 separate focus areas that are spread over the image area. Four different AF area sizes can be selected - the smallest of which makes pin-point AF accuracy possible on even the smallest of macro subjects. Selectable 3x3 groups within the 35 areas are especially effective when you need to match the AF area pattern to your particular subject. And with the improved time lag of only 0.044 seconds on the E-PL6 instant photo opportunities will not get way from you even if you are photographing a subject moving at high speeds. When pressing the shutter halfway with IS Off. Battery consumption will increase and the number of shots that can be taken reduced by about 60 shots (CIPA standard).
Experience Touch AF Shutter by simply touching the Live View screen - A intuitive touch panel is used for the rear monitor and can be operated with only a few light and comfortable touches. On traditional cameras, adjusting the focal point was difficult however this panel makes it easy by letting you simply touch the screen, making shooting the way you want simple and effortless. The construction of the monitor reduces reflections, and along with the anti-fingerprint coating, makes it easier to view vivid images on the monitor even in bright outdoor conditions or dark indoor conditions.
Professional Image Quality 16MP LIVE MOS IMAGE SENSOR - Featuring a 16 megapixel Line MOS sensor, the E-PL6 is optimized to maximize the performance of all mZuiko digital lenses in any shooting condition. Improvements to the sensitivity and read-out speed of the existing sensor makes shooting and Full HD movie recording possible.
TRUEPIC VI IMAGE PROCESSOR - TruePic VI Image Processor, designed specifically for the Olympus PEN, features Real Color Technology for improved color reproduction (especially colors such as emerald green, yellow, and gold) and color gradation. The faster processor also allows for a shorter recovery time between shots.
PROVEN DUST REDUCTION SYSTEM - Olympus' Dust Reduction System assures spot-free images, even if you change lenses. Every time you turn on the camera, the patented Supersonic Wave Filter silently vibrates, flinging and collecting dust so that it doesn't interfere with the picture imaging at any time.
Equipped with ISO LOW (equivalent to ISO 100) for further expanded shooting scenes. - The E-PL6 is now equipped with ISO LOW mode (equivalent to ISO 100). In combination with a high-speed 1/4000 sec. shutter, a large-diameter lens can be used at maximum aperture even in bright daylight for background defocusing effects.
IN-BODY IMAGE STABILIZATION - Say goodbye to blurry images. Olympus' in-body image stabilization technology makes it possible to use any Micro Four Thirds lenses (or Four Thirds lens), from wide-angle to telephoto, for perfectly clear, crisp photos no matter what the shooting situation, even in low light!
Low Light Performance
AF Illuminator - The addition of this super luminosity LED beam allows the camera to focus faster in low light up to almost 10 feet
ISO 25,600 - Stunning low light photos are a click away with an increased ISO sensitivity to 25,600.
Bundled Flash - Attachable flash included. This camera provides the flexibility to attach a flash to your camera via the accessory port, or leave it at home for maximum portability.
12 ART FILTERS AND 7 ART FILTER EFFECTS - Twelve in-camera Art Filters are enhanced by new filter variations, art effects and bracketing. Photographers can use Art Filters in all shooting modes as well as filming HD movies.
The Twelve in-camera Art Filters (Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale and Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Gentle Sepia, Cross Process, Key Line, Dramatic Tone and NEW Watercolor) are enhanced by new filter variations, art effects and bracketing. Also, the E-PL6 now features the Monochrome Art Filter Effect, where the Picture Tone effect can change the color from normal monotone to sepia, blue, purple, and green.
Interval Shooting with Time Lapse Video - Interval shooting allows 1-99 shots, from 1 second to 24 hour time interval to easily shoot a series of pictures. The E-PL6 also has a valuable feature that easily converts a series of pictures taken using interval shooting into a time-lapse movie (Max 10 seconds movie at 99 shots).
FULL 1080I HD MOVIE ? WITH ART FILTER MOVIE AND EFFECTS - Shoot up to 29 minutes of 1080 60i HD video and stereo sound in either .MOV or .AVI formats. A Direct HD Movie Button switches you from still to movie mode with just the press of a button. Shoot movies with Art Filters, and new to the E-PL6, change your Art Filter while shooting your movie and see the transition right on the LCD, without missing a beat.
4x Digital Touch Zoom in Movie - One-touch 4x digital converter for movie. You can zoom easily with the touch LCD.
3" LCD SREEN FLIPS UPWARD FOR PERFECT SELF PORTRAITS - The flip, touch screen rotates 170 degrees upward and 65 degrees downward. In addition to low angles and high angles, this feature makes self portraits easy and fun. The E-PL6 is designed to optimize the touch screen LCD and was introduced to operate the MENU display with a new simple operation instead of a mode dial. The E-PL6's Touchscreen reacts quickly with the slightest touch and can focus by touch, even if the subject is not in the center.
Live Guide - The E-PL6's Live Guide system allows you to preview effects as you adjust them ? before the image is even captured. Simply select Live Guide and turn the wheel on the back of the camera to slide through numerous photographic effects, such as brightness, color saturation, tone, etc. Operating the camera is more intuitive with the newly designed user interface. The on-screen graphics have also been updated with a sleeker font design and an automatic pop-up guide in the menu screen.
iAuto - A convenient, fully automated feature that detects the scene and applies the best of six situations just by aiming the camera toward the subject. Backlight adjustment are automatically applied for Portrait and Landscape modes. iAuto is also available for shooting videos.
In-Camera slideshow with Background Music - Slideshows have never been easier or more fun to create. The E-PL6's enhanced playback functions allow you to employ effective fade-in/fade-out techniques, control the movie/still mix and speed, and add captivating musical soundtracks.
NEW! Digital Level Gauge - A two-direction level gauge corresponding to vertical and horizontal directions can be displayed on the Live View monitor. This function is useful when there is no horizon, or when the screen is dark and difficult to see. Additionally, main shooting information such as the aperture and shutter speed can also be displayed with the level.
Shoot. Sync. Share Wirelessly. Share your favorite pictures. - Wi-Fi capability lets you transfer photos wirelessly to smartphones and tablets with the FlashAir memory card and the OLYMPUS Image Share app. Perfect for posting them on social networking sites fast without any fuss. All to share your stories fast. Learn more.
TURN YOUR PICTURES INTO WORKS OF ART WITH ART FILTERS - The OI.Share app lets you use the Art Filter technology made popular by the OLYMPUS PEN. From Dramatic Tone to Pop Art, you can choose your favorite Art Filter and apply it to not only pictures that you imported from your camera, but also to pictures that are already saved on your smartphone.
- REMOVABLE GRIP - For form, fit and feel. The removable grip allows for secure and comfortable handling of the E-PL6. Or, if you don't want to use the grip and prefer the simpler design, simply remove it.
- MY SET - Not only do you have the flexibility of the Function Buttons (Fn), but you can utilize "My Set" to customize program modes on your dial such as Aperture Priority, Manual and Scene Select Modes making the E-PL6 even easier to use based on your individual preferences.
- BRACKETING: EXPOSURE, ISO, WHITE BALANCE, FLASH, ART FILTER, HDR POST-PROCESS - 6 Bracketing functions allow you the flexibility to focus on the type of shot you want and view it in different ways so you can choose the best shot. Now featuring High Dynamic Range post-processing.
- SMALL TARGET AF - "Small AF target" achieves the pinpoint focus. Focus on an AF point, within an AF point.
- IMAGE ROTATION IN PLAYBACK - When the image is shot at portrait position, image is automatically rotated in playback.
- DOWNLOADABLE BACKGROUND MUSIC SELECTION - Variety is the spice of life. Now, not only are there 4 background music tracks included in the camera, but you can also download music from the OLYMPUS web site, and replace it instead of the default music in the camera. Making Slideshow playback on your HDTV more fun and adding to the ways you can personalize your E-PL6.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SELF TIMER - Self-timer customizing function can be utilized in various situations; the best is for self portraits. Control start times and shooting intervals. Start time(1-30sec) / shooting interval (0.5sec, 1sec, 2sec, 3sec) and number of shots (2~10).
- RAW EDIT IN CAMERA - Like your shot but want a few revisions. Edit jpegs and now RAW files right in the camera. You can edit the raw image in camera body, fix Red-Eye, crop your image, and change to black and white and more.
- BULB SHOOTING TO 30 MINUTES - With the E-PL6, it is possible to decide the exposure time by previewing the effect on the backside monitor. Image during bulb shooting is updated at regular intervals (ex. by 0.5 sec.). The shutter opens by fully pressing the release button and the shutter closes by fully re-pressing the release button.
- 23 SCENE MODES - From portraits to sunset shots, the E-PL6 is equipped with 23 Scene-Select modes for effortless picture taking, including Fireworks, Sunset, Children, Macro and Panorama, to name a few. Capturing beautiful portraits is easy with the ePortrait Mode that enables you to smooth your subject's complexion. There are even three scene modes that are specific to shooting with the new conversion lenses to optimize the performance of those lenses.
- HDMI OUTPUT - For easy photo and video playback on your HDTV. The E-PL6 makes sharing your content easier than ever. Using the HDMI output, just connect the E-PL6 to your HDTV with an HDMI cable (not included) and navigate the camera's menus from the comfort of your couch. This is perfect for sharing your pictures and movies with an audience.
- FINE DETAIL PROCESSING - Captures exceptional detail from shadow to highlight.
- AF TRACKING - AF Tracking locks your subject into focus right on the LCD, and constantly adjusts focus and brightness whether you or your subject is moving. With this mode, a simple push of the AF button and shutter release enables you to keep fast-moving and unpredictable subjects in focus.
- MANUAL FOCUS ASSIST - The E-PL6 provides two optional methods to help the user focus: a Magnified Focus (MF) Assist Function and Magnification Display. When using manual focus, the MF Assist feature aids with critical focus by allowing you to zoom in on part of the image by simply turning the focusing ring on the front of the lens. The Magnification Display enables you to selectively enlarge the image on the LCD at the touch of a button. This mode works for both autofocus and manual focus. Both MF Assist methods provide up to a 10x magnification of a single point of the image for critical focus; perfect for macro or still-life photography.
- WIRELESS FLASH COMPATIBLE - Compatibility with wireless flash allows you to maximize the performance of your E-PL6 in a studio setting. Use the newly introduced FL-600R or the existing FL-300R and FL-50R.
- MULTIPLE EXPOSURE SHOOTING - The Multiple Exposure function enables you to be creative right in the camera. Multiple images can be captured and combined to create one unique image. The creative possibilities are endless!
- MULTIPLE ASPECT RATIO SHOOTING - The E-PL6 lets you select one of four Aspect Ratios (4:3(Default) / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1 / 3:4) that help frame your images to whatever proportions you'd like. Aspect ratios are available for still photo and HD movie capture, for everything from conventional enlargements to viewing on widescreen monitors.
- FULLY EXPANDABLE SYSTEM - A range of interchangeable lenses, accessories and strobes are compatible with the E-PL6 to support all different types of photography needs.
- ACCESSORY PORT - The E-PL6 incorporates a port for connecting accessories including flashes, PENPAL, MAL-1 Macro Light, SEMA-1 Microphone adapter and the VF-2/VF-3 viewfinders.
- MULTI-MOTION IMAGE STABILIZATION FOR MOVIE - Corrects blur for slow and large movement caused by physically moving while shooting movies.
- EPORTRAIT - Capturing beautiful portraits is easy with the ePortrait Mode that enables you to soften shadows and smooth your subject's complexion either before image capture or during post-capture edits.
- 7 PICTURE MODES - iEnhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, Art Filters.
- ADVANCED SHADOW ADJUSTMENT TECHNOLOGY - You no longer need to worry about the extreme contrast between dark and bright areas in your images. The E-PL6's Shadow Adjustment Technology corrects for extreme light variations with high-tech efficiency either before image capture or during post-capture edits.
- OLYMPUS IMAGE SHARE TECHNOLOGY - Share images to your Smart Device. Olympus allows for the usage of PENPAL BlueTooth Device, Eye-Fi Card or the new Flash Air Media Card. Not only is the new E-PL6 compatible, but the menu structure is designed for easy uploading from your selected device. Check out the Olympus smartphone apps.