A powerful 10x optical zoom gets you deeper into detail while a ton of advanced manual and impressive automatic features let you dig even deeper. Shoot with speed. Make adjustments with ease. Extend your options via additional lenses with gusto. From simple one-touch buttons for printing and deleting images to an intuitive menu providing the means towards full creative control, the SP-500 UZ is designed to meet all demands.
- Bring your subject within view or zoom in tight for a great close-up with the 10x optical/50x total zoom.
- You'll discover bigger is better when you view and share pictures on the large 2.5" LCD.
- Print directly from PictBridge-enabled printers with the simple connection of a USB cable and the simple touch of the EASYPRINT button.
- Your options are always open with 27 manual and automatic shooting modes, including 21 different scene modes like Snow, Sports and Night Scene.
- Switch things up by adding a conversion lens via the threaded lens barrel.
- Camera speed and image quality receive a great boost thanks to the exclusive TruePic TURBO Image Processor.
- Precision-crafted lenses help you capture crystal clear, colorful pictures you'll be begging to show off.
- Record QuickTime movies with audio to capture a moment in motion.
- My Mode option lets you customize your personal shooting preferences so you don't have to manually change settings every time you shoot.
- Easily erase pictures displayed on the LCD with a single "Trash" button on the back of the camera.
- Go extremely in-depth - as close as 3cm/1.18" to your subject - with Super Macro mode.
- Lock the focus on a particular subject with AF Lock.
- Set the Oracle AF function and let the camera automatically set the focus on subjects traveling towards or further away from you.
- Use the Flash Intensity Control option to change the amount of light emitted from the flash for varying results when shooting distant backgrounds or seeking greater contrast.
- Watch as a setting like a flower blooming or the sun rising takes shape by setting picture-taking intervals using Timelapse mode.
- Record up to 4 seconds of sound with each still picture captured, or add sound later on.
- Electronic viewfinder lets you shoot exactly what you see.
- Comfort is key with its traditional compact design and improved ergonomic grip.
- Playback images on the LCD, a computer or your TV in a slideshow using any of 9 transitions.
- Imager 6 megapixel effective, 6.37 megapixel gross, 1/2.5 inch CCD
- Lens 6.3 - 63 mm (38-380mm equivalent in 35mm photography), 11 lenses in 7 groups, 2 aspherical lens
- Zoom Seamless to 50x (10x optical and 5x digital combined)
- Aperture Range f2.8- f3.7 (adjustable in 1/3 EV step)
- LCD 2.5" color LCD, approx. 115,000 pixels
- Viewfinder Electronic viewfinder
- Flash Built in Pop-up
- Hot Shoe - No
- Flash Modes Auto (for low light and back lit conditions), Red-eye Reduction, Fill-in, Fill-in + red eye, Off
- Flash Working Range Wide: 0.3~ 4.5m Tele: 1.2 ~ 3.4m
- Selftimer 12 seconds
- Memory 10MB internal memory
- Removable Media Card xD-Picture Card (16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB or 1GB)
- Outer Connectors Multi-connector for USB and A/V, DC input
- Auto-connect USB 2.0 Full Speed
- Power Supply 4 AA batteries
- Size 4.15" W x 2.93" H x 2.80" D (105.5mm x 74.5mm x 71.0mm)
- Weight 10.05 oz. (285 g) without batteries and media card
SP-500 UZ Digital Camera
Multi-connector for USB and A/V
4 AA Alkaline Batteries
Quick Start Guide
Basic Instruction Manual
CD-ROM: OLYMPUS Master Software and Advanced Manual
1-Year U.S.A. Limited Warranty